Search results

1. Just ordered Ateca FR 1.4 TSI manual...

Yeah had it on the Excellence we test drove, however as it only comes in Advanced driving packs costing either £805 or £995 I can do without it. I'll think about the front sensors over the weekend, not sure they're going to give me anything the top view camera doesn't. Pub
  2. Just ordered Ateca FR 1.4 TSI manual...

Never mind, found it... Extra help is always welcome, especially in your day-to-day. That’s why Front Assist will warn you if the distance between your car and the one in front is reduced. If there's no reaction from the driver, the Front Assist system will slow the vehicle down. Pedestrian...
  3. Just ordered Ateca FR 1.4 TSI manual...

Top tip! £330 option so it's not stupidly expensive. However what is 'Front Assist, City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Protection' which is standard across the range? Pub
  4. Just ordered Ateca FR 1.4 TSI manual...

...and as expected delivery not expected till 2018. I've seen the FR publicity photos of the red FR and really fancied it in that colour, still no sign of it on the configurator but it does appear in the Ateca brochure as velvet red. Currently have a 2013 Leon in Emocion Red and really...
  5. New Ateca FR revealed

Must be an option or later feature I don't have on my 2013 1.4FR TSi, it's just a standard, manual lever handbrake and a couple of seconds hill hold on the foot brake. All the best Pub
  6. New Ateca FR revealed

Looks nice in the images, from what I can see they've improved the finish of the interior door grab handles. Went for a test drive in an Excellence at the weekend with Mme. Pub and I have to say the handles looked cheap and nasty. I also thought the dial for changing between eco/normal/sport...
  7. 1.4 TSI P2263 Turbo replaced

Mme. Pub's MK3 1.4TSI 140hp was tragically down on power soon followed by engine management light, had a quick look at the code with a generic reader, P2263 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost System Performance, which made sense. Car was 3 years old in May and has done just 10.5K miles...
  8. Is the DAB aerial built into the HRW?

The missus drives our FR 1.4TSI and the DAB reception is flawless. I've recently had to replace the aerial on my car, roof mount jobbie, owing to water ingress. It's a Blaupunkt shark fin/mast combined thing. It's an expensive bit of kit, about £100 but the reception is excellent. Got me...
  9. Heated door mirrors - didn't know that.

Well I'll be blowed, I always thought the heated door mirrors came on with the heated rear window - not so. Now it's gone a bit colder I couldn't understand why the mirrors weren't clearing. The mirror adjuster knob has to be turned to the 1 O'Clock position, there's even a little symbol...
  10. What don't you like about your Mk 3 Leon?

Rear door handles Key blade is wrong way round in fob Felt battery cover Have started driving down the road like a slalom skier to avoid bumps/holes. Really feel them on 18" er, that's about it, not a long list....love everything else about it. All the best Pub
  11. 1.4 FR Ride Quality

Well having gone from a 2.0 diesel Mk2 on 16" wheels to the 1.4TSi Mk3 on 18" wheels I have to say the ride is noticably harder. Whether that's owing to the wheels or the suspension I wouldn't like to say, but in answer to your question I'd have to say too hard. I'm not keen on the...
  12. Mk3 and cancelling SEAT finance

IIRC Seat are offering finance at 7.9%APR with a maximum deposit of (I think) 30%. So take out Seat finance for which you'd get £1000 contribution towards the cost of the car and 3 years free servicing. I would've had about £14,500 to finance, it would've cost me £400 per month and there...
  13. Phone Contact Photos

Apologies for not following up, contact photos appeared the folloing day. As for radio logos it's in the radio setup options, have the logos ready on your SD card and simply browse to them when prompted. All the best Pub
  14. Mk3 and cancelling SEAT finance

Phone number I used is 01908 485000, number for VAG finance, answered immediately although I think they're Mon-Thur 09:00-17:00 only. Asked to be put through to Seat finance but was told they're all the same group and dealt with me there and then....piece of cake. Cancelled finance, letter...
  15. Phone Contact Photos

Hi All, I've imported logos for favoutite radio stations, nice little touch, however at a loss as to how to get images for contacts. I've paired a couple of phones, my missus' old Nokia (no contact images on the phone) and my Samsung Galaxy S2 that has photos with most of the contacts...
  16. Memory Cards

32Gb Sandisk Ultra (well, bought off eBay so you never know) works perfectly and loads instantly. All the best Pub
  17. Browsing Mp3 Folders via Steering Wheel Buttons

No idea, sorry. I quickly dropped a few albums in separate folders at the root level of an SD card, popped it in and I couldn't find any way of skipping folders at all... either with the steering wheel controls or the media system itself. All I too could do was move on a track at a time...
  18. What are the FR 17" alloys like in the flesh?

Good news, managed to get mine changed to the 18" performance alloys before the cut-off. Also good news the car is, as I type, on a boat of the coast of Portugal. The dealer has real-time tracking of the car's location. For whatever reason it's being dropped off up near Newcastle, dealer...
  19. What are the FR 17" alloys like in the flesh?

There aren't any 'better' 17"s are there? Just the standard 17" or the 2 types of 18". Pub
  20. What are the FR 17" alloys like in the flesh?

Having only seen both versions of the 18" wheels, has anyone got the standard 17" alloys as that's what I've ordered mine with? Still got about 8 weeks for delivery and not sure whether to put in a call for the 18"s. If you've got the 17"s what do they look like? All the best Pub
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.