Search results

1. libiza2007

Should have gone to Specsavers?

Why spent all that money on a new paint job - and then go and cover most of it????? wtf???
  2. libiza2007

Look What some old hag has done to my cupra

I'm quite surprised at that mondeo, it doesn't look nowhere near as bad your car mate. How can she blame u for hitting her when she just as easily it you, was there an obstruction on her or your side, i'm thinking right of way and all that crap. Totally gutted for you mate!
  3. libiza2007

Car starting issues - fixed!

i had this problem a while ago, but on my car the EML or EPC light wasn't illuminating! is this the case for you aswell? I finally fixed mine when i took the ECU out and found a crap load of water in the connecting blocks, but also the 12v connector had snapped off.
  4. libiza2007

Cant get rid of dead flys on bumper!!

I find carplan Tar remover quite effective, or alternatively a little t-cut but then you need to wax afterwards.
  5. libiza2007

No brakes with engine running?

I had this not so long ago, exactly the same symptoms as you, unfortunately my MC was knackered (rolled the seals), replaced with new MC and job done! Hopefully this isn't the case for you but be prepared.
  6. libiza2007

Standard Stereo Prob

I had this with my standard headunit (aura) a while ago cos i stupidly put the wrong code in, i had to leave stereo on for about an hour i think for it to reset, then it allowed me to input code.
  7. libiza2007

Rear washer leak

You also need to remove the screw behind the rear seats, and then it's just a case of unclipping it.
  8. libiza2007

shaking the engine realy bad on idle wen cold!

Sure i read on here somewhere that a faulty coolant temp sensor can cause poor start up problems, maybe something else to look into.
  9. libiza2007

Servo/master cylinder fault?

I had the symptoms u described about a month ago, mine was the master cylinder. I managed to roll the seals on it when bleeding the brakes after changing rear calipers. Hopefully this isn't the case for you but maybe something to look at.
  10. libiza2007

got pulled over AGAIN! Cornering Foglights!

Not the perfect solution but can you take the bulbs out?
  11. libiza2007

What's this in the instrument cluster?

on my leon its the information from stereo, cd1 trk7, radio 1 etc, so that most likely
  12. libiza2007

Problem after new discs and pads, please help!

Yep me unfortunately! To eager to get rear calipers done, bled system via pump method, big mistake!! Garage tried everything afterwards, but to no avail. New master cylinder needed, but that'll teach me ey!
  13. libiza2007

Non-starting Mk1 Leon Cupra

Update!!!!! Well here goes, removed scuttle panel, wipers etc this morning to gain access to ecu, took both plugs out and the ecu (where pins are) was absolutely soaked. Then i dried it out but on closer inspection i found a pin had broken off the ecu (due to the water residue and rust i...
  14. libiza2007

Thanks Brad1, will leave neg off for a good while, iirc does the throttle body make a whirring sound or something once battery is reconnected? fingers crossed this works tomorrow :)
  15. libiza2007

Will give it a try tomorrow, how long generally for ecu to reset? 10-15 mins?
  16. libiza2007

Could this possibly be a fried ecu? also is it a common fault? It's kind of puzzling really because it started 3 days ago and was intermittent but now both lights (epc+eml) on dash refuse to light up!
  17. libiza2007

No not getting epc light or eml on dash, i assume the ecu only has one ground connector, or am i wrong? i can see one on the bulkhead but is there another lurking somewhere?
  18. libiza2007

Just wondering, would a faulty coolant temperature sender prevent the car from starting?
  19. libiza2007

also tried vagcom to look for any faults, but fails to communicate with Engine 01, however tried ABS 03 connects fine and a has fault 01314 logged!
  20. libiza2007

Any help or suggestions welcomed My car had developed a fault resulting in it being unable to start, when ignition is on i get the following lights up on dash - battery, handbrake, tcs, abs, water and oil. However the epc or engine management light don't show. Car turns over fine but does...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.