Search results

1. Fu Shou

Fluttering BOV on normally working 270 bhp Ibiza. Need advise!

Update! The dual valve system works! The problem is now solved! There is no more backwards surge through the compressor wheel and so I'm finally happy to drive the car :D I've mount the 007p at the cold side, as it vents more and left the Split-R on the original location. Now I have the sound...
  2. Fu Shou

Yep, one cold side and one hot side. The guys at the shop were truly amazed by the flow that it dumps on idle. The turbo internals are not K04's. In the K04 housing there is shaft from this, propellers from that, this kind of assembly. But its been done 2 years ago by the most noble turbo...
  3. Fu Shou

Today's update: Went to a local tuning shop and had both valves I have now tested and they both open fully at -0,6 bar vacuum. So the diagnosis is that the flow of the turbo is so great, that it needs supersize dump valve in order to get rid of that backwards surge. Before spending more money on...
  4. Fu Shou

The vacuum feed is 5mm inside diameter. OEM is 3mm, tried it and its the same story. I've read in vwvortex that normal vacuum for 1.8T is about 20 psi. Is that correct?
  5. Fu Shou

Update! Yesterday got my hands over a 007p diverter valve with a yellow, mount it and start the car eagerly to make a drive that would confirm that the problem with the flutter was the Split-r itself. Hell no! The same sound of fluttering is there again. WTF is going on?! When idle, the...
  6. Fu Shou

Update: Did some testing while driving and reached the following conclusion: when accelerating moderately and gradually the Split-R whooshes normally. When giving full throttle it flutters. So it is maybe just incapable of venting the flow my hybrid K04 produces, which is really unexpected...
  7. Fu Shou

ibizacupra, I keep up with your threads and know that you are the man, that could only give me clue or advise what to do :) Can you make a guess what could be making the vacuum insufficient? See the strangest thing is, as I've mentioned, that while with K04 setup and the mapped K03 software the...
  8. Fu Shou

I'm thinking of trying with new valve. Would you guys recommend a dual piston blow off valve, or strictly recirculating is better ? In addition, how bad for the turbo is that flutter that I'm experiencing? As far as I can hear, probably air is vented backwards into the turbo? You can hear it...
  9. Fu Shou

Yes, the lower (the smaller) one, as it is supposed to be like that. Tried the valve in fully atmospheric mode, with the trumpet on the larger hole - the same story.
  10. Fu Shou

Hi! As you will see on the picture, the valve is mounted on the hot side, as close to standard as possible. All vacuum lines are new and tested several times. You can see that the line to valve goes straight from the intake manifold, without the boost gauge on it. The vacuum line is 5mm. The...
  11. Fu Shou

Hello everybody. In short, I've got fluttering BOV issue which I hope with your help to find its solution, as the manufacturer (SCN sponsor) can't provide me with such. The BOV is Split-R, set to 27 clicks, holds the reqiured boost of 20 psi, but every time when releasing the pedal it flutters...
  12. Fu Shou

Pulsing boost problem

I have the same car with almost the same mods, except I run K04 turbo, as yours and also got the same problem for about a year. Tried everything and just recently got it sorted out thanks to an experienced tuner having the knowledge how to do it. Got a new remap and now i run 1,4 bar to the red...
  13. Fu Shou

Ibiza FR 1.8T mk4 with K04-23 tuning problems...help appreciated!

Yes, I did. I have a nice freeflow tubular exhaust manifold:) Update: I've reached some hypothesis, that my actuator is the cause of the problem I have with boost. Have to tighten it, to see if 'm right...:blink: Moreover, also have a faulty camshaft position sensor and now waiting for it to...
  14. Fu Shou

In addition, i see on channel 041 that the heating of B1S1 is constantly turning on and off. Is this normal? These days, the CEL does not goes on and no faults are found, strangely... Also, doing adaptation to the throttle body I see duty cycle 87,9%. Shouldn't it be 99% at least? But when...
  15. Fu Shou

Only N112 & N249. Nothing else is bypassed. :cry:
  16. Fu Shou

Update! Installed a MBC and the boost problems disappeared, but it still holds 1,3 bar only for a while and about 4000rpm goes to 1,1-1,0 bar ?? The turbo itself is hybrid in K04-023 housing, but the internals are combination of 3.0TDI and other turbos. Could the problem be surge or sth...
  17. Fu Shou

I've tried with the OEM map - the same story :( I know B1S1 is the main, wideband, sensor and on channel 031 there is no activity, and that's why the CEL goes on. The wiring ha been checked many times, last one in SEAT dealership and everything is OK. Even after that last time it worked fot few...
  18. Fu Shou

Custom map local, Bulgarian, made. The guy knows his job and has experience and we both wonder what to do...
  19. Fu Shou

ello guys, I need you help, because these lamda probes are making my project hard to enjoy I have e mk4 Ibiza FR 1.8T with k04-23 setup, but can't really make use of it, because since the turbo upgrade + the remap there are several problems: First: i get this fault code: 16518 - Oxygen (Lambda)...