Search results

1. oldman

Redex diesel, is it any good? Will it do any harm?

i always used millers after smoking lots cleared smoke, car felt smoother and i always did 50ml as only filled up when light came on for £13, use it and if like keep trying. if not like, don't buy it
  2. oldman

Engine Management Light

need code really, but check a thread that a jones just started on same thing helpful links if code i sp0673 http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/search.php?searchid=8061433
  3. oldman

Seat Leon TDI FR - Fault PO673 - Engine management light

did you look through the tdi engine section as i'm sure if an answer exists will be there if is glow plugs, do all 4 as easier and my research said even if bank1 could be bank3! also only used for starting the car, so change quick to save winter hassle 3 hits on a search...
  4. oldman

Short shift on a tdi.......DONE!

i have the compbrake kit on mine works a treat and throw is short and tight i have both the up/down & side/side fitted. had awesome gti fit for as i'm a plank with mechanics
  5. oldman

Replacement wing mirror

should be yes, i believe all lcr were default elec folding same shape as on all leons, it is window motors and mirrors that was removed to save pennies on other models
  6. oldman

any recommendations for roof mounted cycle racks?

was a conversation on here and most people use the thule setup from halfords
  7. oldman

vagcom airbag light?

had to laugh, only way i know you can test an airbag is smash car and set it off or have i mis-read what your saying?
  8. oldman

mot rules & eml woes

cheers gac, will drop a line monday and see what they can do if anything.
  9. oldman

egr fault code

cool thanks, will have a suck tomorrow then how'd you get on with pipe change? cleared and did a long journey for work and no eml, started up this morning for work and there it is!
  10. oldman

mot rules & eml woes

i thought you could only take an mot a certain time frame before the next one is due?
  11. oldman

egr fault code

just read an old thread:http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246209 that i even added to! have read about pull a pipe and suck, but no idea which pipe people mean? gp200sx, Did you ever get this sorted?
  12. oldman

egr fault code

hello, i have this fault code all the time and would like to clear for ever ideally. am looking to trade in for a bigger car (family growing) and also 1 car family to cut costs. had this for a long time and new mot rules have pushed to the front of list! 19586 - EGR System: Regulation...
  13. oldman

fault code mk1 seat leon tdi

glow plugs are only used to start a car and only when temp i sbelow 3or5 degrees C outside, so no i wouldn't expect to make a difference when driving. that code is a proper code. search the tdi section and i'm sure you'll get a few hits. one will be change all 4 of them before winter kicks...
  14. oldman

Is this a good buy? - PURCHASED!!!

searched aurotrader and 3500 seems the norm. oh well, have to start to save more!
  15. oldman

i think so, but no idea. don't use fruit or access to see. search the app library should find something? need a code we can understand to help better i'm afraid. put a request in the vag-com request section and someone local can do a proper scan for you.
  16. oldman

Sorry fella those codes mean nothing. Should give a letter then number; p030456 as an example. Have you an android phone? Get app called torque and bluetooth dongle.
  17. oldman

service light

But no stamp in book, so too some buyers doesn't look like car has been serviced when and if sell. Or do you have a method around this?
  18. oldman

Rear window demister

checked fuses and non blown :( oh well wait now for the multimeter to arrive and test
  19. oldman

Is this a good buy? - PURCHASED!!!

damn, is that all mine is worth :( no broken (rear demister under investigation) or missing bits
  20. oldman

Rear window demister

ordered, thaks. any thoughts on where i need to test? trim off is esy enough as only a few metal clips - spares will be ordered as know i will break some! in fact, wonder if a fuse! obvious really to check that. doh!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.