Search results

1. Steaming up!

I very rarely run the aircon. If it has been on, then in the following days I find that the screen will mist up. Running the heaters on full fixes it. I don't have a more prescriptive way of doing things. Try as you say running the heaters without aircon for the last 5 minutes of your...
  2. Steaming up!

I have had a fair few problems with my Altea steaming up and the Leon before it as it happens. I've found that although the air con clears the screen, it's as if the water condenses elsewhere in the air con system and is held there until you next run the blowers (without air con). So I try...
  3. Fault codes on altea 05 TDI scan

Save the faults to a text file and then clear them with VCDS. Scan it again after a week or so and see what comes back. As others have mentioned it's probably going to be the overboost.... Jon
  4. 2011 Winter Tyres - What are you opting for?

Wow. Were they running over pressure? Looks like the damage is just in the centre. I took mine off this week and they look fine. Then again, the car doesn't really see much in the way of full throttle nowadays.
  5. injectors

Yes.
  6. injectors

Phone your dealer and give them your reg, they'll be able to tell you over the phone. As you've got an 07 I'd guess you'll be on the list to get them changed. There's much more info in the injector thread in the Leon mk2 FAQ section. Jon
  7. injectors

They're being swapped out on the 170 tdi from a particular age range as part of a recall I believe. Mine's booked in this Mon. Failure makes the car cut out, so it's a Good Idea (TM) to get them swapped just in case.
  8. bump in the snow - now got TCS warning light?

I've damaged the wiring loom leading to the ABS sensor previously and that gives the ABS light plus TCS and tyre warning light, the ABS light then stays on. So my thinking is that the ABS sensors are OK in your car as you're not seeing the ABS light. Maybe take the wheels off and have a look...
  9. Upgrading the standard fit handsfree system

Have you flashed a cyanogenmod rom on the Desire Z? I have a Desire HD and using cyanogenmod 6/7 would give a random assortment of contacts. Standard Sense ROMs work fine. I have a sub category on the phone of people I contact frequently - 15 people say which I set the phone to only show -...
  10. Central locking problem

Did you make any progress on this? The passenger side on my Altea (06 plate) does this occasionally also. Jon
  11. 2011 Winter Tyres - What are you opting for?

Maybe we should start a thread on which insurance companies were OK with winter tyres? Either way - LV had no extra charges for me putting winter tyres on my factory fit alloys.
  12. Power rating of 12V socket in boot

I guess if you can find the appropriate fuse it would give you the max level?
  13. Freetrack 170 TDI Very Sluggish Low Revs

Had a look on the way to Sainsburys this morning - looks like I'm using lower revs than I thought, round about 1700 when the clutch bites.
  14. Calling all Freetrack Owners

On my Altea FR 170 tdi I get the reminder 50 miles before empty and that is usually once the tank has done 420-450 - so say 480 miles per tank (just over 50l). If I nurse it and hold around 60-65 on the motorway I could get around 550 miles per tank, though this doesn't happen often. I...
  15. Freetrack 170 TDI Very Sluggish Low Revs

I don't really get this in my Altea FR. There was an ECU update which turned down the boost in 1st to make it kinder to the DPF - that made it a bit more sluggish but in everyday driving it kind of helped as before the update I'd often make a slow launch because I'd lost traction and triggered...
  16. Vag-com reading, berkshire

Ah - looks like you don't have enough posts to receive PMs. Have you got an email address you can share - use a disposable one if you can as posting it here might attract a lot of spam.
  17. Vag-com reading, berkshire

So has the car been in limp mode for 2 months? I've sent you a pm. Jon
  18. Update on ECU

Depressing thing is that my last ECU update seemed to cut the power pretty significantly to try and increase the DPF reliability. Shouldn't have put the thing on the car in the first place IMHO.
  19. Vag-com reading, berkshire

Hmm - Guess you're all sorted now? I'm in Maidenhead.
  20. Altea False Floor

Ikea do a rug which is pretty much millimetre perfect for the Altea boot. Have a rummage around the forum - it was mentioned here. Grey thing with an 8" wide yellow edge on one side. About £3 from what I remember.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.