Search results

1. The best remap to go for???

has anyone that had a ptorque stage one then needed to upgrade their clutch? ive just bought a tdi 130 and even though i decided to keep her totally standard...this rempa malarky seems just too tempting!
  2. top mount

num. 43 is what i didnt fit...it meant that there wasnt room for the thread to go through num 30. into the turret. thanks for that though!
  3. top mount

yea....i was having a nightmare with the top mount removal/refitting so i trew a tantrum and just chucked them on with out bearings! How long do you reakon they'll be ok without bearings?? need to take it to the garage before work to get the buzz gun on the mounts because they're loose!
  4. top mount

i put the fronts on...but left the bearing off, because it didnt seem as if there was enough thread on the strut with the bearing in place....hm
  5. top mount

hi, i'm currently fitting my coilies. bought some new top mounts from euro car parts, and he gave me the mounts ans suggested i buy the bearings(front). ive got the old strut out...but im confused as to how the bearing and new mount fit...the hole in the mount is too big for the nut that goes on...
  6. clutch and clutch cable

how much are release bearings on their own...and plates? cheers
  7. I'm back and have a few questions??

would someone mind putting up a pic of what the hoses look like...i've never understood which ones are the breather and vaccum hoses!!:redface:
  8. Failed my MOT :(

.....ouch......
  9. video diagnosis

rightey, had a look at the altenator...i stuck a screwdriver on it and i could feel lots of vibrations but cant tell if the bearings have gone... the sound definately comes from that area...so if someone could advise me on how to get the darned alt belt off I'll get a step closer to finding the...
  10. video diagnosis

ill try that tomor, cheers mate. i had a look at the pedal box, couldnt see a crack but will look again tomor. ive got coilovers and spacers to fit...but theyre going to the back of the list!!!
  11. video diagnosis

i had a nightmare trying to get the damn tensioner to move lol...i'll have to have another go tomor...how does the alt belt come off? everything's going wrong all at once...my gears are starting to crunch abit , my clutch biting point has dropped, i can feel the road through the steering...
  12. video diagnosis

changed the pas belt today...and the jet engine noise is still there, but the high pitched squeal is now louder...hm. weird. i couldnt work out how to release the alternator belt. There was some oil in the hose between airbox and throttlebody also there was oil leaking from the oil filter. hmph...
  13. video diagnosis

ive got a modified air box with k&n panel filter. The belts are on the list...along with fitting coilovers....changing disks/pads all round...sort poor idle etc lol!:rolleyes: . having listened back to the vid...it's hard to hear it!! in the car though it sounds quite disconserting and i...
  14. video diagnosis

sorry....i mean the noise that comes in towards the end...if you listen carefully it sounds like a jet engine! from inside the car it comes in at 3-6k revs and sounds like a whine. cheers ps the dip stick is broken...need to find a replacement!!!
  15. video diagnosis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kpzvi5yvs have a listen...tell me what you think. I thought it was gearbox but now im not so sure...seems to be coming from engine. whoever guesses right gets something free :D
  16. oil

how would i check it without draining it? cheers
  17. oil

come to think of it...my whine stays however hot/cold and is most prominent between 3-6k...getting louder by the day and my clutch started slipping abit the other day :(
  18. oil

oops didnt mean to say edit lol. that sounds better than gbox!! ive made a vid...will post it up and see what you guys thin..is there a way to check pas pimp?? cheers mate
  19. oil

edit
  20. oil

ok great cheers. coupled with an ever increasing 'whine'/'whirr' when accellerating/decellerating' in gear and out.....i'm not feeling happy thoughts! :(
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.