Search results

1. 2007 1.4 DAB Cambelt

Hey My car has done 44,000~ miles. Can someone please advise me when I should be getting the Cambelt changed? Thanks Dan
  2. Exploding window covered under warranty?

I fell victim to the exploding... imploding rear windscreen in my case on 05/01/2009. I was driving home from work at 17:30, which is about 10 miles. I had parked under a tree at work so luckily my car didn’t ice over. I remember using the heated rear window for a couple of mins to remove a...
  3. 1st Year Service - opinions needed!

haha tell me about it, it is a total rip. In that case then I will just take it to my local mechanic then. Any other opinions are welcome. I dont wanna pay less and find out that I could have done with that magic "seat" stamp. but I dont want to pay more either... in fact Id rather not pay...
  4. 1st Year Service - opinions needed!

Hey guys don't flame me for not searching but I just wanted quick current opinions on this. - I have a 1.4 DAB Petrol and it is coming up for its 1st year service in a couple of weeks. - Seat want £145 for their "Safety Inspection and Oil change" - Volkswagen want £99 for a Lube Service...
  5. What Insurance

Admiral own Bell and Elephant.... Try some mod friendly companies like Adrian Flux.
  6. Insurance

Adrian Flux own HIC so therefore the rates they offer are very simular/ the same. Adrian Flux own Trinity Lane as well (do Personal Accident cover) Bentacre have nothing to do with AF/HIC. Admiral own Bell, Elephant.co.uk and diamond. They also own Confused.com Compare the Market is...
  7. Will these wheels fit

im not sure if I should go for the 205 or 215, what exactly is the diffrence? Dan
  8. Will these wheels fit

Please could you tell me if these wheels will fit on a 1.4 petrol DAB, they are Fox Racing R6 17" and what size tyres would be best? The car isn't lowered as of yet. 205/40/17 Falken ZE512 Tyres 215/40/17 Falken ZE512 Tyres 205/40/17 Yokohama Parada Tyres 205/45/17 Falken ZE512 Tyres...
  9. Which Car Alarm?

All alarms fitted on mk4s are Cat1 approved anyway, so at the end of the day it wouldnt make any diffrence. On the lower spec ibizas they just fit Cat2 approved immobs. Cat1s only really reduce your insurance if the car value is over £20k anyway, other than that a Cat2 is fine. Dan
  10. Engine cover and Induction Kit

Hey Bertz, I still havent manage to get the cover off im affraid! I pulled it so hard it hard the car wobble. It seems to be screwed down all the way round underneath the lip. Dan
  11. Engine cover and Induction Kit

hehe, ill try pulling it hard. does anyone know if the 1.4 75kit will fit the the 1.4 100 dab though? I supose I can find that out for myself though when i get this damn cover off. Dan
  12. Engine cover and Induction Kit

Hey, Sorry for the stupid questions, ive read a few posts on these subjects but I didnt really understand them. Ive been looking for an induction kit or replacement filter to fit my 1.4 DAB 2007, however I have struggled to find any for the DAB, will the 1.4 sport (75) kit fit in the DAB...
  13. 312mm discs on 16"s

So how much does all that cost roughly?
  14. Can someone photochop this please?

Most insurers will need you to declare your window tints as it makes the car more desireable. Worst case would be that your car was nicked and recovered, insurance company could refuse to payout against damages (if any) due to you not declaring your tints.
  15. Wheres this oil comming from!?!?!

Ah well, was just an idea. Hello everyone by the way. Dan
  16. Wheres this oil comming from!?!?!

Hey i'm brand new here... (so don't flame me if im wrong, but it might be worth considering the below) My girlfriend drives a mod'ed focus and about a year ago she had some new shocks fitted, a week or so later oil appeared on her car in and around where it is on your photos(give or take a...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.