Search results

1. glynnd

Sticking VNT or dying MAF

Evening all, Few questions, looking for anybody with experience of the issues below on a CHFC Leon TDI FR 140 Recently had the Leon mapped to approx 190hp at 76,000 miles. Since mapping the car loses a bit of power at approx 4200 rpm - most noticeable in 3rd and 4th. Ive logged the air flow...
  2. glynnd

Leon FR Cam Belt Slip

what they actually meant was the technician had over tightened the tensioner bolt when the cambelt was last replaced...
  3. glynnd

Seat Leon MK2 timing belt change intervals

its not the chain that makes that noise its the tensioner..
  4. glynnd

Engine knocking when cold

Sounds to me like diesel knock from excessive fuel, resulting in the white smoke. That's got to be down to an injector or fuel temp sensor possibly...
  5. glynnd

Knocking into 1st gear.

Sounds like a synchro issue. Could always try shim and oil, but if the box is the original unit, you can only get access to the shaft end on 04 onward boxes (FZQ etc) without removal and strip out.
  6. glynnd

Turbo

Shaft will end up snapping, the noise is the compressor wheel contacting the housing..
  7. glynnd

From Cupra R to R32

R32 = heavy on fuel, not that fast and not that great handling either (brother owned one on an 07 plate) Stick with the Cupra R
  8. glynnd

milltek or straight through on a mk1 leon fr tdi

I ran my cupra tdi with full magnex and cat removed for 30k - passed MOT no problem and never created an issue with the turbo oil seals ! WTF did you get that from???:confused: Oh and BTW it ran hybrid with custom map 425lbft....
  9. glynnd

20v T FR 2005

Boys its not that I dont understand what to do with it - its whether I can be bothered any more! I also have a mk2 FR tdi cr in red - I may as well put the money into that one!
  10. glynnd

20v T FR 2005

I am going to E bay it at £500...
  11. glynnd

AUQ Engine Vibration, HELP PLEASE!!!!

Drive shaft out of balance...
  12. glynnd

20v T FR 2005

I was thinking Id ask £500..
  13. glynnd

20v T FR 2005

Unfortunately had a little excursion along a hedge with my 2005 Leon - damaged both drivers side doors and dented the OSR quarter. Don't have the time to fix it so contemplating an E bay advert. Looking for a bit of advice on what I should ask really. Car still drives fine perfect engine and...
  14. glynnd

how many miles has everybody done??

157k AUQ 180 Leon FR[B)]
  15. glynnd

driveshaft issues :(

I got one for my FR 180 last month whole shaft £85
  16. glynnd

LCR rough idle potential causes/fixes

You wouldn't normally get a lean code from swapping fuels. Ive done it a few times and never got a code.
  17. glynnd

Which Diesel Leon to go for? (Mk1 Cupra/FR vs Mk2 Sport)

My opinion Mk1 Cupra - ARL engine. Just try as best you can to satisfy yourself that its been serviced correctly, with the correct spec oil. This isn't easy short of taking off the rocker cover - which is very simple - and having a look! I wish I had never let mine go, at 160k it was just...
  18. glynnd

Best Tyre?

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta on front..
  19. glynnd

LCR Rattle

Have you no had anybody hold the revs while it rattles and you trying to pinpoint where the source of the noise is? With that rattle being so obvious it must be quite easy to determine the area where its coming from? Have you noticed a change in performance since it first started - I know its...
  20. glynnd

flywheel and clutch advice needed leon fr mk1

At that kind of torque youll get dmf shudder on a brand new unit! Mine was mapped to 420lbft (ARL) and on a dmf only 10k old it shuddered quite badly in 3rd or 4th when peak torque came in...