Search results

1. glynnd

Sticking VNT or dying MAF

Evening all, Few questions, looking for anybody with experience of the issues below on a CHFC Leon TDI FR 140 Recently had the Leon mapped to approx 190hp at 76,000 miles. Since mapping the car loses a bit of power at approx 4200 rpm - most noticeable in 3rd and 4th. Ive logged the air flow...
  2. glynnd

20v T FR 2005

Unfortunately had a little excursion along a hedge with my 2005 Leon - damaged both drivers side doors and dented the OSR quarter. Don't have the time to fix it so contemplating an E bay advert. Looking for a bit of advice on what I should ask really. Car still drives fine perfect engine and...
  3. glynnd

Vagcom cable

Hey people. Time has come to invest in a Vagcom cable - any suggestions on which one, from where and how much? Got the laptop and the Rosstech download, now need the cable..
  4. glynnd

Rear hub nut size Leon 1M 20v T

Anybody tell me the size of socket req'd for the rear hub nut - need to replace a rear wheel bearing! Cheers Glynn
  5. glynnd

Toyosports Exhaust

Bought one of these last week and tried to fit it onto my Mk1 FR T today - NIGHTMARE.. had to remove the center crossmember and struggled like hell to get it to look anywhere near central in the rear valance. Its knocking on the rear beam when I go over anything small too.. Anybody bought one...
  6. glynnd

Comfort indicators function

Bizarre one this but I've noticed my comfort indicator function has stopped and intermittently I have one fog light on when the auto light function is selected. Common problem anybody know of ? I have started to notice quite a few VW group cars driving around with one fog light lit ! BTW I...
  7. glynnd

Forge 007

What's the real advantage over a new std bosch valve? If I buy one will I really see a difference on my 1.8t?
  8. glynnd

Low idle speed

My idle drops to around 750rpm when the car has warmed up. Does this point to malfunctioning coolant sensor? Gauge doesn't move erratically. I am sure it should be higher than 750 when warm? 20vt FR 2005.
  9. glynnd

Turbo swap

Evening, seems there are currently 2 or 3 of us with turbo issues this week. Anybody in the Cheshire area know a good and cheap place to get a turbo swap carried out? I have the replacement turbo, but it seems a lot of places I have already asked want £350 in labour alone :wtf:
  10. glynnd

Quick turbo question

Golf GTI AUM K03s turbo, will it produce the same power as a k03s on an 05 Seat Leon. Guess I am asking will I be down to 150hp if I fit the K03s from an AUM Golf to my Leon FR 20vt?
  11. glynnd

20v t replacement turbo

Evening all ! Need to source a replacement for my noisy Ko3s. Whats the recommended and where from. I guess the best reply I am looking for is from somebody who has done it recently. I consider my current options are; Rebuild by Midland Turbo at Nottm for £357 Brand new repalcement Borg...
  12. glynnd

Turbo noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iIT-idO70c Anybody kow what this noise is? Its not my car but mine is making the same noise today!
  13. glynnd

Fr55 red

Morning all, Somebody has owned this Leon (FR55 RED) recently? I am looking at it at Stoke Seat. Its an 06 registered TDI FR. It has an engine fault! Any info appreciated.
  14. glynnd

FR wheel center cap size

Hi All, Does anybody know the size in mm of the center cap on the 17 ronal wheel as fitted to my 05 plate FR. Some hole has nicked one of mine and given I expoect them to be a tenner each thought I would replace them. Mine seem to be 55mm, but if somebody can advise, can you tell me the size...
  15. glynnd

Gearbox overfil

Morning to all, Just to let you know that a few weeks ago I advised another member via a thread not to overfil his gearbox, as recommended by Dan 1720v. But, being curious, I decided to do it to see if it really does make a difference as described by Dan. Ok humble pie time, if you have a 6sp...
  16. glynnd

Discs warped again

Hi to all. Forgive this thread and please no replies about using the search facility! Had my leon fr 20vt almost a year. When I bought the car it had new discs and pads fitted, car was showing 73k. Within 7k dics were totally shot. Replaced the discs and pads for Apec items which lasted no...
  17. glynnd

312 standard brake set up

Evening people. Any of you know of any commom front brake caliper fault/issues? I have a 2005 20vt FR that warps front discs within 3k. New wheel bearings, driven as gentle as I can for 250 miles to bed in but as said within 3k they are totally knacked, I am fed up with it now. The tdi cupra...
  18. glynnd

Replacement wing mirror

Evening you lovely fellow Seat people. Quick question; Would the teardrop wing mirrors on a cupra r be electric folders as per the FR? Some ****** broke mine so had to buy second hand to repalce it and its arriving tomorrow hopefully. Cheers GD
  19. glynnd

Cupra 20vt 2002

Hi all, Can somebody please confirm if a 2002 cupra 20v t has a fuel computer as standard? Cheers Glynn
  20. glynnd

Jabba custom map

Has anybody had an issue with a custom map from Jabba? I have had one from them last year, in total its cost me £595, 4 trips to them and I still have a car that smokes in a big way. Yes it goes very well, producing 391 lbft currently, but each time I have taken it back, when I drive away it...