Search results

1. Ibiza125

1.4 Sport Suspension Arm Schematic / Photo

Hello folks! First post in a while, but my brother has just hit a kerb with his Mk5 1.4 Sport, has broken what I assume is the upper track control arm? Just wanting to have a look at a schematic as I'm away from home and ordering parts for when I'm back. Cheers!
  2. Ibiza125

8bit's Mk1 Leon Cupra R. Scarlett - as in Johansson...

I think it's the turbo nooooote ey! ;) Yeah I LOVE the whole road from Rhynie - Cairn O' Mount - Dualler. In my opinion, best road in Scotland... I will be going for a hoon with Willie over there, fancy coming along if the baba hasn't arrived?
  3. Ibiza125

Gutted for you man, but as you say, onwards and upwards! I think your time with "asbo" motors is passing by with your Jaaaaags and Mercs ey! You definitely gave it the right send off anyway up the cairn! What a road!!
  4. Ibiza125

8bit's new R...

They look a really good finish! Who did you get to do them and how much did it sting you if you don't mind me asking? Those tyres are amazing. I have them on the Megane, and bang for buck you can't go wrong!
  5. Ibiza125

SCN Scottish Meet 2014

I would come along to a trackday if it went ahead, all the more testing the better! It would just be the same as a crail day, but more expensive really, and more fun around the track! And of course if I was onshore...
  6. Ibiza125

Hmm! A suggestion from someone who currently owns 4 cars, just do as you say sorn her, but then when you want to drive her, slap a few days temp insurance onto it, tax it and then sell the tax after you have finished so you only have to pay for one months tax ;) Still have to keep her MOTd...
  7. Ibiza125

Robbie C's Ibiza Cupra

Very sad times boys!! Mine is still living in it's full entirety somewhere! (I hope..!)
  8. Ibiza125

5mm spacers standard bolts

You have to watch that you don't go right through the hub though and lock them out on something without actually tightening the wheels. I don't think an extra 5mm would do this though.
  9. Ibiza125

5mm spacers standard bolts

At the end of the day, buy 5mm spacers, buy bolts that are 5mm longer than standard. Buy 20mm spacers, buy bolts 20mm longer than standard. It's your arse on the line at the end of the day... I would rather fork out a tenner on new bolts rather than have wheels fall off..!
  10. Ibiza125

full beams wont stay on?

Sounds like the stalk maybe!
  11. Ibiza125

Water cooled turbo

Yes it is correct that it runs coolant through your turbo when you turn the car off. I think it works out how long it has been running and adjusts the length of time it goes on, but mine had a mind of its own like. BUT I would still leave it running for at least a minute (depending on how hard...
  12. Ibiza125

Get a nice wee Miltek on there bud, you won't regret it ;) Refurbing the Brembos will be a nice methodical job, are you painting them as well or just changing the seals?
  13. Ibiza125

Love this post mate!! Great to hear you have finally popped your track cherry! And by the sounds of it, it certainly won't be your last!! Not so good about the brakes, I would definitely recommend braided hoses all round, the fluid will find the weakest spot to expand, and many people forget...
  14. Ibiza125

Robbie C's Ibiza Cupra

Sorry to hear that you have had to go as far as breaking this bud! It is a crying shame to lose such a gorgeous example. Are you putting it back to standard (ish) to sell on after? I have been tempted to get myself another, in which case I would be sending you an email right now, but I feel...
  15. Ibiza125

8bit's new R...

Lovely motor! Some raw power there too! Through the rear shoes, can only mean good fun! :) Do I hear an early mid life crisis but? :p
  16. Ibiza125

The car is looking great Niall! LOVING the wheels!! They suit it very well!
  17. Ibiza125

Bonnet Lifters

Mine were fine like, infact too good I would say! Felt like they were going to pop the bonnet out of it's hinges! But they rusted quite badly... :/ Not sure where you would get black ones, maybe try some OEM VW items?
  18. Ibiza125

Dominion Detailing by RobDon

Are you still looking to do a Megane 225 Cup Rob? ;)
  19. Ibiza125

iTB Ibiza Cupra 16v Track Toy - Engine Rebuild, Aero & More Page 73+

Where did you get those badboys from? Are they low enough to get on and off easily?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members