Search results

1. cmc

EML fault no symptoms

I don't gave an android phone (iPhone) but I reckon I'll buy a cheap code reader. The light randomly went out today though after being in for a few days. I hope the fault code will be saved though. Thanks fir the reply though. Cheers Cmc
  2. cmc

EML fault no symptoms

Hi all I had a 400 miles round today. Anyway I stopped to fill up at Sainsburys as I was running very low and couldn't get any super unleaded so put 95 RON in and about 10 seconds after restarting on comes the EML for my 150 miles I still had to go. There's no adverse symptoms and the car...
  3. cmc

Brake Bulb Problem

Is it one side or both? If it's both it may well be the brake light switch. If it's one side only then this is unlikely to be the switch and more likely to be a dirty connection. I had the exact same problem on my offside bulbs. I disassembled the switch and scored a flat headed screwdriver up...
  4. cmc

Help, anyone know what this is?

Cheers guys for all the response. I'll try and get it up on a ramp to have a look around and ask a mate who is a mechanic what he thinks it is. Cmc
  5. cmc

Help, anyone know what this is?

Hi all I was reversing onto my drive today and when I parked up I spotted something sitting on the drive in front of the bonnet. I've got a feeling that it's dropped off the underside of the car but can't be sure. Up until today and for the last 6 months I have been getting a vibrating...
  6. cmc

Help! Brake lights gone

Cheers guys. Yes, I changed all the bulbs and checked the brake light fuse. The tail lights work which makes me think that it's not the contact plates. I don't have a code reader so reckon I'll need to take the chance on the brake light switch. Off to ECP then..... Cheers Cmc
  7. cmc

Help! Brake lights gone

Sorry for the bump guys. Does anyone reckon the switch could have gone but the high level brake light could still be working? Just don't want to change it over and it's not the switch. Cheers
  8. cmc

for people looking at creations motorsport TIP.. look inside before you buy

I got a crankcase breather hose from them and it was a terrible fit. I ended up having to set about it with a Stanley knife to re-size it.
  9. cmc

Help! Brake lights gone

Cheers for the quick response towcester I thought as much. You reckon that it's still the switch even with the high level light working? Cmc
  10. cmc

Help! Brake lights gone

Hi all I've got a 2002 face lift LC. My brake lights have stopped working at my tail lights. The offside light went yesterday then the near side light went today. The tail lights still work. The strange thing is that the high level brake light still works. I've checked the bulbs and fuses...
  11. cmc

Funny smell (like gas)

Are you sure it's not oiley.? Could be the crankcase breather hose is perished and is venting into the cabin. Relatively common and easy to check and fix. Cmc
  12. cmc

SKF Cambelt kit

For the price of the pump (around £30) absolutely. I changed mine and the plastic impeller virtually disintegrated in my hand when coming off. Cmc
  13. cmc

Christmas Day breakdown woes...

thanks for all the help on the above. Car now sorted and back on the road. Took my mate an hour without the need to take the seat out thankfully, although he did find it a bit awkward. Thankfully the master cylinder was OK too. Andy - you were right, it was the metal fold at the weld that...
  14. cmc

LCR not starting first time

I had this problem with my LC randomly not starting but after a few times it would get there. Turns out it was was the crankshaft angle sensor. Got the part for about £12 on eBay and hit it changed over. Never had a problem since. Vagcim scan showed it as a vehicle speed sensor intermittent...
  15. cmc

Cheers Andy I'll pass that in to my mate. I felt around the carpet but there's no obvious sign if a leak from the master cylinder. Is there any other way u can check? Ordered a pedal and both clips today for £33 from the dealer and pick then up tomorrow. Thanks for all the help by the way. I...
  16. cmc

Some of the various threads have been quoting 3-4 hours and saying the dealers will bill 4 hours labour ad it's a nightmare job. If it can be done in an hour then that's a result. Just budgeting for the worst case. Cheers Cmc
  17. cmc

I heard it's a nightmare job. My mate who's an RAC patrolman is doing it for me and I've warned him it could take 3-4 hours with the seat out. Thanks for the advice. cmc
  18. cmc

Andy That now makes sense as it chimes with what the recovery guy said yesterday. I reckon ad the parts are so cheap I'll just go to the dealer and replace with new I was instead if going down the welding route. Cheers Cmc
  19. cmc

Thanks seatmann, that would be appreciated. I reckon the parts I need are the pedal, the stop for the switch (part 7) and the mounting (part 25). Cheers
  20. cmc

Lol I did have a read at those... Honest gov. I wasn't clear what parts I needed though. The parts diagram on the golf forum us useful but I need to find out what parts to get and whether vw part numbers differ from Seat numbers. Cheers
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise