Search results

1. Lacquer peel

Has anyone tried claiming off seat for lacquer peel . All my door handles have it and there is a 10 yr corrosion warranty . I know I've probably got more chance of finding rocking horse s@!@ but I thought I'd give it a go .
  2. Fault Code Help

I` ve been getting fault codes 16891 , 17705 & 17544 over the last month or so . I`ve had 4 new coil packs fitted 3 weeks ago & in the last week i`ve had a forge 007 fitted & the breather pipes checked/cleaned & the throttle body cleaned & reset with vagcom . Since the throttle body clean the...
  3. Cold Start Problem

My wifes 02 Toledo Tdi 110 has troble starting when cold . If it`s started early in the morning it fails to start 1st time but 2nd time it`s always ok & anytime after that . If it` s started from cold later in the day when it`s warmer it seems fine , but there seems to be a bit of smoke ...
  4. Dodgy Thermostat?

A few months ago I was having problems with the car spluttering on idle & when I stopped at traffic lights etc . Fault codes suggested a dodgy temp sender so that was changed . The last few days it has been lumpy on idle & a bit flat when pulling off in 1st gear & last night the temp gauge was...
  5. splutter

I have an 02 lc & after driving from newport to stafford it started spluttering on tickover & the revs dropped when stopping at roundabouts etc , but was fine when it started going . Any ideas please
  6. petrol flap

My petrol flap is`nt opening via the button inside the car . Has anyone changed the solenoid or is it a garage job & how much is the solenoid? . Any info greatly appreciated
  7. Vag com in south wales

My engine management light has come on , woild anyone be able to clear it / see what fault it is please , I will supply alcohol of your choice . Thanks John
  8. Vag-com in south wales

Would anyone in south wales be able to scan my car for me as my engine management light has come on , would supply alcohol of your choice . Thanks john
  9. MK4 golf mirrors

Will the electric /folding wing mirrors off a mk 4 golf fit my `02 leon cupra & is the plug the same to connect inside the door . The golf mirrors seem more readily available
  10. Wing Mirror Replacement

The glass & casing on the drivers side wing mirror on my Leon Cupra was smashed today , does anybody know of any good replacements at sensible money.It does`nt matter what style , but mine are electric/folding
  11. Cleaned the car

`02 Leon Cupra , 18" TSW Volcano`s , Lowered 30mm on Koni`s
  12. removing carpet

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the rear carpet in my wife`s `02 Toledo , so I can dry the carpets . Thanks
  13. Wheres the water coming from?

I`ve got water in my wifes `02 Toledo TDI , in the rear footwell behind the driver seat & it seems to start close to the bulkhead . The door seals have been done , I`ve checked the pollen filter & it seemed ok ( will double check , but it all seemed dry & the base was dry & tight ) so is there...
  14. Still Leaking

I`m still getting water in the drivers side rear footwell on my wifes `02 Toledo TDI . The door seals have been done , I checked & replaced the pollen filter 2 weeks ago & it seemed dry under there . Is there anywhere else to check , it`s only in the rear footwell & seems to be close to the bulkhead
  15. brake pad warning light

I had new pads fitted to my Lc last night , the warning light was on the dash . After fitting the new pads with the sensor the light is still on , has anyone had this problem before & would vagcom pick up the fault . I checked the brake fluid level & it was fine & the brakes are working fine
  16. Petrol smell through vents

I`m getting a petrol smell through the vents now & then . I`ve checked the pipes under the bonnet but theres nothing obvious & no leaks from the fuel tank . Could this still be a problem with the fuel filter & is there a way of checking
  17. no steering

The wife was driving home in her `02 toledo tdi & the battery light came on & the she could`nt turn the steering wheel . Any ideas please
  18. no cold air/ vagcom error

My cousin has an 03 plate 130 tdi sport & cant get any cold air through the climate control or when the air con is on . Any ideas please
  19. Are the APEX LOWERING SPRINGS on ebay Any Good?

has anyone got these on their car http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290245749807
  20. springs

Does anyone know if lowering springs ( Eibach ) for a mkiv golf gti turbo would fit the leon cupra . I`ve an `02 model & was told they would fit , but the part no`s are different .
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.