Search results

1. martin j.

iPod- usb audio connection leads

Two x usb leads and one ipod connection lead, £5 each posted?
  2. martin j.

Mk3-3.5 wind deflectors f+r. SOLD.

As title, used but ready for another owner, 4 pieces and clips, if I find d/s tape I’ll attach some, sliced up No plate stickies can be used. £15+ p+p at cost. Tba. Can be collected.
  3. martin j.

selling to motorway.

Thinking about a change and have looked at selling the car to motorway as their initial offer is much better than the dealers offer, if i get an offer from a dealer is this binding or if I squeeze more (or the same) from the dealer can I turn down Motorway's bid and sell elsewhere? Ta.
  4. martin j.

Air con recharged.

A/C not blowing so cold so got a mobile guy in, checked the system over all good so standard service needed, 8 year old car first time done, 104g removed so approx 20% gas left in system, fully recharged to 500g and air temp soon reaches 2’C, £75*cost(y). *Did both cars, Honda takes 950g but...
  5. martin j.

P*ss poor colour offers.

Offered to change the wife’s car, so after she rejected my offerings, she looked at Seat for another Leon, very disappointed with the range she‘s gonna rethink the other options or just to her White mk3 version, is imagination in short supply with some marques?
  6. martin j.

MOT Fail.

Broken front spring, ok. More worrying is the emissions fail, started to use oil suddenly and a noise from the turbo? Maybe. All other parts fine, any advice. Update, new spring fitted, new plugs* cured emissions, mot now done, not sure where the oil went, checked weekly ok last Saturday, will...
  7. martin j.

Rear screen replacement.

Came back from the airport to find the rear screen holed at the park n ride, replacement booked via Auto Windscreens by insurance, anything I need to look out for? Car seems ok otherwise just had a fist sized hole in the right hand corner of the glass, must have been recent as car seems dry...
  8. martin j.

Page too big.

Hi, recently found the pages of the forum have become too big to display on my screen(other forums/pages are fine, the right hand side of the display is not visible, any ideas.
  9. martin j.

Which fuel, petrol or diesel.

Daughter needs to upgrade her Leon mk2, 2l diesel but the miles are 160k and rising around 500 weekly, body, suspension etc are really tired. At a weekly mile usage of 5/600 should we be looking at petrol or diesel for the next late model mk3, is there a big enough difference in fuel consumption...
  10. martin j.

Home oil change.

No need for garage service now so home* maintenance regime in place, at an oil change can the undertray be easily removed on the drive or will I need to visit a mates workshop to use a ramp/lift, any special tools required? I have a access to a workshop if jobs are too complex or if weather...
  11. martin j.

E5 fuel premium.

Popped into local Shell station today to fill up herself’s car since it was at supermarket prices, was going to go back and fill mine later with the good stuff until I noticed it was a 23p premium per litre, not bother, Tesco here we come, feckin rip off.
  12. martin j.

Murrayfield concert, excitement building.

Going to see the Eagles tomorrow -wednesday- night, first big gig in a while -covid- splashed oot on the dear seats on the pitch in front of the stage, SWMBO has various cds going round since yesterday, I need a change or I'll be sick of hearing them.
  13. martin j.

Tyre pressure warning.

Recently had a low pressure pop up a couple of times, same wheel but no pressure loss, is this maybe a sign of the abs sensor failing as this is the root of the system?
  14. martin j.

Clutch judder.

Feel we have a little judder when the car is first moved in the morning , very slight-herself hasn’t felt it- but only seems to be the first movement of the car in a day? Something sticking from sitting overnight/all day?
  15. martin j.

Giving cyclists room, and them leaving room.

Now we as motorists must pass cyclists with at least 1.5m between the car and the bike, which incidentally I do, so what about when they squeeze inbetween cars stopped at lights/junctions? holding my breath as one came between me and a van stopped at lights, can my wife stick her hand out the...
  16. martin j.

Brake Disc Shield.

Already sorted one buzzing shield which has broken further and now other side rattling, enquired about replacements, on back order I’m told, can I take these off and do without? I know there fitted for a reason but are they essential, just a pain, just another Audi/VW use of crappy metal, no...
  17. martin j.

Auto lights sensitivity setting.

Hi all, blooming lights come if the sun hides behind a cloud almost, what is the best setting in the options to help stop this, sensitivity high or low? Often the only car on the road with lights on! Think it was on high, now set to low, is this best. Ta.
  18. martin j.

Rear suspension arms, rebush or replace?

Daughters car had an advisory at MOT re the rear arm bushes, doing around 2k miles a month I think it might become a fail this year, is it better to replace the whole arm or spend time changing bushes? I have also been told the rear alignment will need done too when either job is done...
  19. martin j.

I seem to have lost my go to button, top left for new posts, easiest way to get going in the morning, is it gone or I not quite with it this morning?
  20. martin j.

Dashboard creaking.

Now the colder weather has set in the dash has started to creak when the car is first driven, once heat is in the cabin it gets better but getting tired of turning up the audio until that time to mask it, car almost 7 yo now, first year it’s done it, tried aliberal application of dash cleaner...