Search results

1. CUP-RACING

1.8T sounds like a diesel when cold

yep took mine back and the water pump had failed and luckily the head gasket is ok, they replaced it free of charge and it sounds fine now. hopefully touch wood that will be the end of it.
  2. CUP-RACING

i wouldnt know, just paid the cash and left thinking im glad I got that done before some thing broke. little did I know the derv noise was only whilst the auto choke was active, I opening the bonnet and it was coming from the belts so this is why I rang SEAT today
  3. CUP-RACING

got it done on 26th feb
  4. CUP-RACING

ok cheers mate, I do hope its not serious. I had phoned seat prior to this this morning to book it in for that noise too. What light came on? the temp warning light
  5. CUP-RACING

im going to kick off big time, I knew I shouldnt have taken it to them. dont worry the keys are staying with me
  6. CUP-RACING

well its bad times, it turns out there was serious problem. finished work and headed down the A3 when suddenly there was a squel and the temperture gauge shot up and the light came on,pulled over and was seriously steaming!. have just got back after being towed by the aa man. Im guessing the new...
  7. CUP-RACING

yeah mine has always been loud when first started but not like this, it doesnt sound healthy
  8. CUP-RACING

well my car was fine until I got my cambelt done recently, and was ok shortly after but now when I start it up it sounds like a diesel for about 2 or 3 minutes till the revs settle down, sounds like alot of vibration. Anyone have this happen to theres and is it linked to the recent cambelt and...
  9. CUP-RACING

Painting my ibiza Cupra wheels? Your opinions please

I will try to get some pics at the weekend if its nice.
  10. CUP-RACING

Painting my ibiza Cupra wheels? Your opinions please

got mine done in gloss black, looks good but suffers from stone chips and makes my red calipers look dirty.
  11. CUP-RACING

New alloys !!!!

black wheels look great on red cars, Ive had my cupra ones done and they look great.
  12. CUP-RACING

cam belt change

my came up to 4 years in december, its on 31k at the moment, I plan on getting it done in the next few months
  13. CUP-RACING

just sold my cupra

well good luck with the 1.2 mate! im sure your be back
  14. CUP-RACING

Cupra Front brake pads DIY

I must be the only one who had no problems changing mine then, pins came out pretty easy with a punch.
  15. CUP-RACING

just sold my cupra

how much did you sell it for?
  16. CUP-RACING

How much did your 2nd service cost...Photos Of Bill Added

my service cost me £45, I just bought all the bits and my dad did the service for free, stamped the book etc im not too fussed about seat service history as alot of the time the people that do the work are school leavers and dont treat the car with care. mines due in a couple of months so I will...
  17. CUP-RACING

How much is it worth?

part ex for a 1.8t cupra?
  18. CUP-RACING

Honda CTR > Cupra TDi - am I mad?

the way diesel prices are accelerating ahead of petrol prices, soon it might not make financial sense to go for a diesel. In fact the way fuel prices are going I may be cycling everywhere
  19. CUP-RACING

how much is your mk4 costing to run???!!!

spend £40 a week, and do about 230 miles on it. ive heard that we should expect £1.50 a litre by the end of the year. ouch!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.