Search results

1. Cat change

Hi All I have a 2018 Leon ST FR ECOTSI 1.4 150 with a recurring amber engine warning light. On finding it is an emissions issue my first thought was a reset and see what happens, especially as there seemed to be no change in performance or fuel use. After a couple of weeks of shortish journeys...
  2. Sport mode response

I drive the same with regard to using D and the paddles to change down as necessary. Also turn off stop start for same reason, it seems a bit too keen to switch off and sometimes stops the engine before the car's stopped moving.
  3. Sport mode response

When in sport mode, as selected from the mode button do you find any further difference between D and S selected from the gear lever?
  4. Sport mode response

I will have a play with throttle settings, if I remember rightly I think I have done before but can't remember what currently set to.
  5. Sport mode response

Always been like it yes. It does, as you say hold the gears longer which is why I dont often use it as dont like the banshee scream of that engine at high revs but its that initial pull away that seems slow and seems a lot worse than when in D or even E when you can squeeze the throttle and off...
  6. Sport mode response

Hi All I rarely use Sport mode but when I have done Ive nearly been caught out when pulling away at roundabouts especially. I find that from an almost standing start I have to ram the throttle to the floor to get it to go, once moving it takes off but the initial getaway seems very slow, much...
  7. O2 exhaust sensor

Hi All Yesterday my engine light came on indicating an exhaust o2 sensor problem which I was able to confirm with Carista (cant remember code). I reset it and just done a 30 mile trip and it's not come back on. Do these things become intermittent and if so once the fault has been registered by...
  8. Battery

Hi All Anyone know if the battery is covered under the car manufacturers warranty?
  9. Electronic Parking Brake

Was all new to me at the time having not driven an auto nor a car with any sort of EHB or autohold. Now I mostly leave autohold on. Hve to say tho I find all these systems a little unrefined. Quick pull away when autohold is on almost always results in quite a jerk and can make a quick puall...
  10. Change operation of DSG in manual

Does anyone else find that changing gear in manual mode with the gearstick is just the wrong way round? I guess most people would use the paddles when in manual but Ive found sometimes when on fast corners my hands arent always in the right position on the steering wheel to operate the paddles...
  11. Headlights seem low

Thanks for comments and suggestions. Got a bit of night time driving tomorrow so going to give the adjusters half a turn and see how it goes.
  12. Headlights seem low

Hi All Not driven the car much in dark since I got it but on a trip back from Devon the other night I felt like the range of the headlights on dip seemed very short. Travelling at much over about 65 and I felt like I couldnt see far enough ahead and where the road markings wernt so good felt...
  13. How do you drive your DSG

Just interested in how people use their DSG boxes eg leave it in D and let it do it's thing, go manual and paddle or stick shift or D with a bit of intervention on the paddles? Speaking of intervention with paddles when in D, does anyone change down with the paddles when slowing or do you just...
  14. DSG and stationary traffic

Or do the revs drop because it is straining, albeit only slightly, against the brake?
  15. DSG and stationary traffic

I find with stop/start on it will stop, then, almost always immediately start again
  16. DSG and stationary traffic

A bit like holding a manual car on a slope with the clutch, isn't having the car in drive with the brake on (whether it be auto brake or foot brake) causing wear to the system? The car will move in "drive" especially on a flat surface with no accelerator so holding it back with the brake cant do...
  17. DSG and stationary traffic

Not had an auto of any kind before and in my old car I'd usually slip into neutral and apply handbrake if stopped in traffic or at lights for any length of time. When out on test with my current car, 2018 Leon ST with DSG, I asked the saleman about putting it in neutral at lights and he was very...
  18. Electronic Parking Brake

First experience of the Auto system was when out on a test drive from the dealers. Came to a stop at lights, took foot of brake pedal and brakes stay on, great! However as I was quite a way back in the queue and lights seemed to be on red for ages I slipped the (DSG) into neutral....suddenly...
  19. Carista or OBDeleven

Hi All Any reason I should get OBD11 over Carista? I only want to make a few changes like enable park pilot and fold mirrors with one click so I guess I know the answer when it comes to purchase cost. Also OBD11 looks a lot more complex, any thoughts? Also can cornering fog lamps be enabled with...
  20. Any DSG problems?

Doesnt fart?? Ive never driven an auto of any sort, altho I now the mechanical difference between torque converter and DSG I wouldnt know the difference in driving style. Maybe I'll see about having a test drive in a DSG , never know I might be a convert!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.