Search results

1. Cat change

Hi All I have a 2018 Leon ST FR ECOTSI 1.4 150 with a recurring amber engine warning light. On finding it is an emissions issue my first thought was a reset and see what happens, especially as there seemed to be no change in performance or fuel use. After a couple of weeks of shortish journeys...
  2. Sport mode response

Hi All I rarely use Sport mode but when I have done Ive nearly been caught out when pulling away at roundabouts especially. I find that from an almost standing start I have to ram the throttle to the floor to get it to go, once moving it takes off but the initial getaway seems very slow, much...
  3. O2 exhaust sensor

Hi All Yesterday my engine light came on indicating an exhaust o2 sensor problem which I was able to confirm with Carista (cant remember code). I reset it and just done a 30 mile trip and it's not come back on. Do these things become intermittent and if so once the fault has been registered by...
  4. Battery

Hi All Anyone know if the battery is covered under the car manufacturers warranty?
  5. Change operation of DSG in manual

Does anyone else find that changing gear in manual mode with the gearstick is just the wrong way round? I guess most people would use the paddles when in manual but Ive found sometimes when on fast corners my hands arent always in the right position on the steering wheel to operate the paddles...
  6. Headlights seem low

Hi All Not driven the car much in dark since I got it but on a trip back from Devon the other night I felt like the range of the headlights on dip seemed very short. Travelling at much over about 65 and I felt like I couldnt see far enough ahead and where the road markings wernt so good felt...
  7. How do you drive your DSG

Just interested in how people use their DSG boxes eg leave it in D and let it do it's thing, go manual and paddle or stick shift or D with a bit of intervention on the paddles? Speaking of intervention with paddles when in D, does anyone change down with the paddles when slowing or do you just...
  8. DSG and stationary traffic

Not had an auto of any kind before and in my old car I'd usually slip into neutral and apply handbrake if stopped in traffic or at lights for any length of time. When out on test with my current car, 2018 Leon ST with DSG, I asked the saleman about putting it in neutral at lights and he was very...
  9. Carista or OBDeleven

Hi All Any reason I should get OBD11 over Carista? I only want to make a few changes like enable park pilot and fold mirrors with one click so I guess I know the answer when it comes to purchase cost. Also OBD11 looks a lot more complex, any thoughts? Also can cornering fog lamps be enabled with...
  10. Any DSG problems?

Hi All Been looking for Leon ST FR 150 on a 16 or 17 plate for a while Really wanted a manual but just wondering if anyone has experience of any problems with DSG boxes and also how performance and economy compare to manual. TIA John
  11. Fuel filter 'o' rings

Hi All Changing the fuel filter on PD130 engine at the weekend. Does anyone know which brands of filter come with new 'o' rings as Ive been told not all come with the new rings. There appears to be a small leak around the return hose so definitely want to replace the rings as well. Thanks
  12. strange noise when cold

Hi All Car makes a strange noise when cold. Sounds like a "chuffing" noise which we identified as coming from what seemed to be the alternator. Very carefully sprayed a little WD40 on to the drive shaft and it stopped. Couple of days later started again. Got a local mobile mechanic to take a...
  13. hardwire dashcam

Hi All I'm looking to hardwire a dashcam using a piggyback fuseholder. Any advice as to which fuse position to use? Dont think I want it live when ignition is off. TIA John
  14. Battery drain

Hi All Just checked the current drain on the battery with everything off, doors shut & locked etc just bonnet open. Got a reading of 130mA, does anyone know if that seems a bit high?
  15. battery or starter motor?

Hi All Recently been having starting problems and not sure if it's battery or possibly starter motor playing up. Engine is very slow to turn over when cold and door locks etc click but fortunately usually fires up ok altho the power steering light stayed on today and sterring was heavy but ok...
  16. Solar charger

Anyone know if a solar charger can be plugged into cigar lighter socket to trickle charge battery? Car is 2004 TDI SE. I heard some cars (not necessarily SEAT) have a diode in the circuit that stops this from working. Any help appreciated.
  17. PD 130 ASZ falling MPG

HI All recently I have noticed the mpg is dropping or takes a lot longer to go up. In the past I could easily get it to read around 60mpg on a run but only madie it to about 54 on a recent long run. Its not a drastic drop I know but does seem to be a making a difference overall as most...
  18. cam belt

Hi all quick question, when changing cam belt is it advisable to do water pump at soame time or not necessary? cheers
  19. Rear discs and pads

Hi All Need to change my rear discs and pads very soon as the discs are very rusty and pitted. Anyone got any recommendations on what make parts to use for general motoring? Also should I get pads with or without wear indicator contacts? The Pagid pads I was looking at are about 10 quid...
  20. front wings

Anyone any idea roughly what it might cost to get both front wings replaced and sprayed. Both sides are rusting top centre of the wheel arch, dont know why and I've not seen any others go like it. I guess it may be possible to repair without replacing which I could maybe do myself but want to...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.