Search results

1. HELP!!Heater matrix pipes not seating.

FINALLY.....SUCCESS I pulled back heat sheild cloth and ziptied pipes behind bracket and that has done the trick!!No leaks now. Have to take her on a run to see what heatings like..hopefully no matrix will be in order if its not warming up..maybe just a change in pollen filter which has been...
  2. HELP!!Heater matrix pipes not seating.

OK, So your saying you also got the bolt to clamp down, but water still gushed out to begin with, then by removing some of the heat shield the pipes were allowed to fully engage. When you say heatshield you mean the thick cloth insulation right. so should I cut some of this back. Still...
  3. HELP!!Heater matrix pipes not seating.

Thanks for the reply, So just to clarify, I can get the 6mm bolt tightened with the pipes back in position , but water still gushes from this area, so im thinking the matrix has gone very close to this area. What do you think?
  4. HELP!!Heater matrix pipes not seating.

OK, The local street mechanic and i have had a go at this today and my worst fears are now realised!. Theres too much water coming out after clamping the pipes down snugly; it seems the matrix has gone and flooding out at this particular junction. Ironically, people report water in the...
  5. HELP!!Heater matrix pipes not seating.

Hi everyone, I was losing coolant for weeks and after investigating seems the two seals between the heater Matrix and the inlet/ outlet pipes were shot. I got everything off ok but when putting the the aluminium pipes back with new seals into the matrix t, water is leaking worse than before...
  6. Doing front wishbone bush tomorrow morning, all tips and advice please!

For wishbone you need two 8mm thick disc one being same radius if a little smaller than bushes.Nut and bolt of good quality to go through centre of discs and used to draw in new bush into console . Tip:whacking old bush out can be difficult,so i bought plumbers hole saw to place around outside...
  7. Brake light ping-pong

Brake light constantly going was a sympton of the broken screen wash hose to rear window i had. check for water in the area and also pull the black rubber housing on the top right of inner boot lid to see if hose is cracked under here or also if hose has popped off to rear washer.
  8. Lowering Cheap + Good

im on raceland coilovers after reading someones review on here. They are cheap 179 quid, but iv'e had them going almost two years now with no problems. I've bashed them over London road humps and they are holding up well, the ride is firm a bit more stiff than standard but if your not going...
  9. Replacing Standard Bushes

Hey , I've got all the tools for fitting cupra bushes as per Briskoda guide, if you wanted to diy like me it would only take a few hours. I kind soul on there made me up the spacers for extraction and insertion of bushes for beer money really. Im no mechanic ,but with the right tools...
  10. For sale section parts-where is it gone?

Sorry have not been on site for a bit, but wheres the For Sale section dealing in Seat parts. Thanks
  11. Drone on my ibiza FR 2006 TDI

im no expert but have had my share of noises. if it worn front wheel bearings it could produce a annoying rumble type ,dronining noise. to test this go out for a drive then turn the steering lightly left ,then lightly right as if changing lanes. A reduction or dissapearance of the noise could...
  12. help!rear wont close

Thanks everyone, Seems like 'Rum4mo' had the solution, but i've wasted a lot of time going for the hard answer before thorughly doing the obvious. Yep, all it needed was a good old yank on the inside door handle ,which i done before, without much gusto. Spent the day stripping my door down...
  13. help!rear wont close

no, don't think so, i did try messin with the child lock key slot but nothing happened. What i may have to do is find a star key and take off the locking bar on the car body, so the door will sit flush with rest of the body until i figure how to get the door latch /catch rotated back to the...
  14. help!rear wont close

Hi, just as title says. my rear door is rather stiff ,so i was looking at the lock mechanism and rotated the catch or latch mechanism and then it just clicked and locked into an open position, now the door wont close. any suggestions before a tea leaf comes calling. thanks
  15. Raceland Coilovers

i bought a set of raceland and have had them on for around two months. I find them fine and not overly crashy over london humps . They are a little stiffer / harsher than the original manufactureres offering. The real litmus test for me regarding ride is if the missus or kids notice anything and...
  16. Turbo Codes Engine Codes Matter?

i suspect you would need a remap to get the turbo working properly as the internals would be different to handle a more powerful engine and apart from that they usually bolt on the same way.
  17. What Mileage has yours done?

98 k on a pd100 2002, unfortunately i blew the original engine up with some lively driving couple months back.Now running on a 49000 skoda atd engine:p
  18. Installing Cupra Bushes

Hi folks, I Changed the rear bush on the front wishbone last year summer,although it was little unneccessary, as the noise coming from the front was due to a cracked spring. Anyway, the worst bit was getting the old bush out which took hours in cutting and whacking it out. i got the press...
  19. ATD engine from other brand.is it ok???

Hi all, fearing the worst,i will probably need a second hand engine , after my turbo blew-up taking the engine along as well. As i've got an ATD engine in my ibiza is it ok to use an ATD from other car makers i.e VW, Skoda,Audi.