Search results

1. High octance on remap

as people have said it does depend on your map set up but if 95 ron is pish why does it state in the handbook to use anything from 95 to 98 ron. i used 95 ron in mine for just over a year and 30,000miles and didn't have a single problem with it. i did try vpower and tesco 99 and didn't...
  2. focus st

followed a new focus st home from work on friday. very dissapointed in it as at a crawler lane we both put foot down to pass slower traffic and he only managed to pull a few car lengths on my standard tolly 20vt. only guessing but if mine were mapped i honestly believe i would have stayed...
  3. Trouble fitting baby seats into Cupra R

dont have any problems with my 5 month old travel sytsem car seat (graco) narrow bottom. but i do have problems with the older kids booster seats as they dont fit between the seat supports
  4. timing belt

with you on that one cordobabrendy. ringing round at mo for parts as fitting is £50 mates rates.
  5. tough Question...4.5''subwoofer wanted

magnet size not always the most important look at kenwood dual mags very small magnet for speaker size but still powerfull. as these were build to keep size and weight down for performance machines. your old speakers may say 150w and new ones 110w but it would depend on the rms rating for each.
  6. tough Question...4.5''subwoofer wanted

cant you buy a set of 4" components and just use the woofers off them
  7. Which Fuel??

i have done 24000 miles in 10 months in 20vt and always used morrisons 95 ron. not a single problem with car, have tried tesco 99 this week cos you lot on here badger on about fuels and to be honest it a little smoother and a gnats **** faster. But at 6pence a litre more and no mpg gain i for...
  8. Revo Trial - A cautionary tale!

i got my 02 ibiza done by revo, i was told they were still developing the sps systems at the time so mine went to dealers with code on 3 times and they said nothing even on a warrenty claim
  9. Ipod Connection

why get the cables when you can get pioneer h/u with ipod adapter off fleabay for £70 all in. just fitted in mine yesterday and sound quality and ease of use is miles better
  10. LCR Oil

any semi or fully synthetic with vw 507 000 i think is latest standard most still use old standard of 500. 505. 506. i used comma 5w-40 semi at £16 for 5 litres, has correct vw standard on it but some will say you should use castrol edge at £45 for 4 litres so you need to buy another litre at...
  11. Goodyear eagles

i had to take 4 sava intensa tyres due to cost at the time £200 all in. to be honest they aint as bad as i thought they would be, yeah they havent the outright grip but they slide quite progressively so you can have fun and control it, done 14k in them and the fronts still have 4mm left on...
  12. Shell Vs Tesco 99?

as its the only 2 fuels that are 99 ron it is probably the same stuff, tesco will buy it from shell but offer it cheaper with in store discounts etc. just to get your shopping cash
  13. iPod connection to standard audio setup?

i just bought a pioneer hu off ebay with ipod connector box all new for £70 with postage
  14. Can't get it to go staight!!!!

its not just the cupras with low profile tyres that do this my 1st leon 02 tdi 90 standard steel weels also did this and was taken in numerius times. my 03 ibiza tdi 130 did this and now my 03 tolly does this i kept getting told it was a road camber thing, if so why dont all other cars...
  15. Speakers Please Help

as obove or the woofer may have a small crossover fixed onto it to send the tweeter signal from that
  16. Impressive mileage

well i always use 95 ron and rarely get below 400miles to a tank due to traffic sitting between 40-50 most of my journey home
  17. 1.8T Cambelt change

seat garage told me 60k. spoke to indipendant vw garage they said 70-80k. mine done 64k now and getting it booked in now xmas is over
  18. Cupra vs. Evo 5

1st off a friend of mine owns an evo 6 and celica gt4 and out of them 2 the evo seems manic. but having come across a playful evo 4 on my commute home in ibiza tdi (non standard) i did manage to stay with it on overtaking from 40 to 60 passing 1-2 cars at time possibly due to high torque of tdi...
  19. Anybody had there LC / LCR off the clock?

i find that speed easier on bike after doing numerous track days you do notice that you have more focus and vision with helmet on. no big thick pillars blocking view. also gets there and back down to safe speeds far quicker seen 155mph on cbr600 145mph in tolly 20vt...
  20. Petrol consumption

regularly getting 35mpg. only use morrisons have seen 47mpg on readout which was only 40 in reality mainly get 400 miles to a tank and if driving the week on my own to save money i do set off earlier to work and drive sensibly just folllowing the traffic flow and get 460+ to tank. most i...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.