Search results

1. bigfella_V5

Swapped My ZS for this

Doesn't time fly! I still have Kewe's old car, the MG. Changed quite a bit now, its quite a monster. Piper cams and vernier pulleys De-cat ITG carbon air filter 310mm Wilwood big brakes Lightweight Rota wheels Carbon fibre spoiler Xpower suspension Scorpion exhaust Polybushed...
  2. bigfella_V5

The dreaded fuel filter

Takes alsorts.
  3. bigfella_V5

Shall be changing the clutch on the Arosa soon - tips?

Thats that then, I will be doing that in due course.
  4. bigfella_V5

No worries, drives much nicer now. Just got a bit of a noise from the cam cover - its only done 45k so seems a bit strange. Possibly a tensioner or idler? Whats the cam belt interval?
  5. bigfella_V5

Help! Hazards not working!

Had the same happen, it was the fuse.
  6. bigfella_V5

The dreaded fuel filter

I did one on Saturday. Really easy, pop the rear wheel off and squeeze the pipe clips, push pipe in and then back out again. POP.
  7. bigfella_V5

All done and dusted including a full service, brake fluid and coolant change. Not bad for 6 hours work.
  8. bigfella_V5

Hello, thanks for the advice. Just doing the clutch now - does anyone know the pressure plate torque setting please? Also, what is the hub nut torque setting?
  9. bigfella_V5

Find out engine code?

Many thanks for that.
  10. bigfella_V5

Release bearings don't normally whine as far as I know. Since you had the gear oil changed - are you sure its topped up to the correct level?
  11. bigfella_V5

Find out engine code?

Hi there, we have an 03 Seat Arosa 1.0, do you know how to find out the engine type?
  12. bigfella_V5

Have done a clutch on a Citroen AX a while back. We did it without removing the box itself, but just by splitting the engine and box - is this possible with the Arosa? I've misplaced the alignment tool - are they absolutely necessary? Also, are any of the bolts single use? Anything we...
  13. bigfella_V5

Arosa 1.0 clutch

Many thanks for that, I will have a look for her!
  14. bigfella_V5

Arosa 1.0 clutch

Hi all, My partner has an Arosa with around 40k on the clock. The clutch bite point has got quite high in recent months. Is it self adjusting or likely to be up for replacement? I have notice there is a rattle from the release bearing recently too so that can also be changed. Thanks.
  15. bigfella_V5

Im going to make a V5 Leon!

Exactly, V5 150 is false economy.
  16. bigfella_V5

Of course its up to you. But I'd rather have a 170bhp Toledo. Get rid of the Leon and do that, you will get a cheap nice Toledo, 170bhp and cheaper insurance.
  17. bigfella_V5

Surely you would go for the 170bhp V5?
  18. bigfella_V5

ou51*** who owns it

What one did you have?
  19. bigfella_V5

ou51*** who owns it

What happened if you don't mind me asking.
  20. bigfella_V5

ou51*** who owns it

Funny how we both had a V5 and then went to a ZS. We must have similar tastes.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.