Search results

1. rich12345

Windows and locking opening themselves

Thanks. The windows and locks are on the same circuit with the same fuse. They are both controlled by the same convenience control unit, so the problem is related. Disconnecting the battery for 10 hours overnight seems to have rectified the problem.
  2. rich12345

Possibly solved. I disconnected the battery overnight Friday night, as didn't want the windows opening overnight. Reconnected the battery 8am Saturday morning and hasn't done it since.
  3. rich12345

what have you done to your car today ?

Today I have fixed the boot light, the reverse lights, rear fog lights and third brake light. None have worked for a few weeks. The earth cable had snapped in the loom between boot lid and the rest of the car, so no electrics related to the boot lid were working! ***Sorry didn't realise this...
  4. rich12345

20VT Toledo now wrapped GREEN

Where did you get the parking sensors to? I am looking for some as I cant see the back end on mine when reversing. Mine has a spoiler so pretty much all I can see is the spoiler out of the back window!! Yours looks good. Mine already has the arm rest as standard. I love driving in France...
  5. rich12345

Slight coolant loss

I had exactly the same on my toledo. It dropped from the max to about 3/4 in the first 1000 miles or so, but now hasn't dropped in about 3000 miles. My mechanic said as long as running fine, not overheating it should be ok.
  6. rich12345

My 2003 Toledo has today been unlocking and locking itself whilst I was driving. Now this evening the windows have all opened themselves outside. I've read it will relate to a control module possibly being wet. Can anyone tell me where I can find this module to check it out?
  7. rich12345

My "fr" will not start!

quite common for pumps etc to pack up whilst in the garage, when in use the fuel/oil etc the various pumps use lubricates the pumps at same time as pumping through, if left standing with no lubrication passing through will dry up the pumps, and could cause it to seize,
  8. rich12345

1.4tdi owners - max miles you've had from a tank?

no mate just a 5speed 105 bhp version, 95% of my 20mile each way commute is dual carriageway which obviously helps. i use cruise control a lot once i'm up to 70mph (or thereabouts ;) ) which i've read can make a lot of difference,
  9. rich12345

1.4tdi owners - max miles you've had from a tank?

im getting about the same out of a Leon 1.9tdi, so would imagine better figures from ibiza 1.4tdi should be possible
  10. rich12345

going to look at a leon

price sounds about right, looking about 8.5k-9.5k seems to be what the main dealers are charging on a 06 and 56 plate, with similar mileage
  11. rich12345

richs Leon

not sure on plans yet, still looking for inspiration,
  12. rich12345

Does anyone recognise this Arosa

ribbing is same as having the P*** taken lexus lights are something which are not cool to have no more, and people laugh at them
  13. rich12345

Knackered Bocanegra

the astra vxrs appear to have as many problems, many are finding their manifolds last no more than 3-4000 miles at a time, and thats the least of the problems,
  14. rich12345

richs Leon

thanks i liked the colour as i hadnt seen many in that colour before, didnt fancy any of the bright colours
  15. rich12345

richs Leon

not sure how to do this exactly but this is my Leon 1.9tdi stylance, i now have it on a private plate as my only change so far not sure exactly what i'm goingh to do yet but intend keeping for at least 3 years it went from being clean and immaculate to this in 10 minutes of rain...
  16. rich12345

sales of good act

ahh mine not sure who its with off top of my head, buts its there diamond level covers all wear and tear, only things excluded are tyres wipers and bulbs
  17. rich12345

sales of good act

that will have all you need for terms and conditions
  18. rich12345

sales of good act

yes thats correct, they cant charge for a diagnostic test if it detects a warranty problem, but if its a non-warranty problem they can, do you know who your warranty is through, the warranty will almost certainly be through a third party warranty company such as AA, warranty Direct, or...
  19. rich12345

sales of good act

yes but they cant charge you for the diagnostics until they know whether its warranty or not
  20. rich12345

Negotiations on Seat approved used

possibly on comision if they're selling the finance deal so to speak?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.