Search results

1. str8ballin

POLO TURBO...nearly ready.. SEAT owners watchout!!

Wow, disapointed but also impressed with the 1.8T community looking out for each other! Just to clear my name - me and Chris have sorted things out I did NOT run away with his money and hopefully he will reply to this and clear the misunderstanding! I dont need to steal people's money I have...
  2. str8ballin

Big turbo fuelling logs - plz help

Oh, thanks I had this feeling but wasnt sure! Can I use block 033? My 032 fuel trims are 8.7% and -25%. 100% I dont have a leak - pressure tested to 1.8BAR. thanks alot.
  3. str8ballin

Hi mate, thanks for replying! Actually it isnt wideband - I always thought it was but its the 4wire one - my harness and ecu is from same car as yours, ayp 06a906032aa ecu I think!
  4. str8ballin

Hello, I have never really logged my fuelling much but as im tweaking my setup with unisettings I thought I would take some logs of block 031. My voltages are all over the place to start with - on idle i see .750, then all of a sudden 0.040 volts and it keeps fluctuating between 0.04 - 0.80...
  5. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Hello all! I have been away for a while but looks like alot of people been busy BTing their cars... makes for great reading!! Well I am very nearly finished with my project now, just some niggly problems now which is making me go mad!!! Im really hoping you guys can help :) The car...
  6. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Not too sure yet! Are you thinking about the emerald m3d? I would love to go for motec or dta but I dont think im going to spend that much... I think we are struggling to map my car with the standard ecu, it seems to keep leaning out.. hopefully its something simple!
  7. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Hello all, I am considering going for a stand alone ecu now, so I was wondering does anyone know what cable throttle body I can use and fit on the RMR manifold? Thanks
  8. str8ballin

DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

I use this fan controller from merlin, maybe a good idea for u? Connect between the top rad hose near the Coolant sensor then just use vag-com to see your coolant temps and when you want the fan to kick in...
  9. str8ballin

Which induction kit? Quick comparison, BMC CDA, K&N 57i, ITG

What filter do you use Bill? Im using a HKS mushroom, filtration is crap really need to change it!
  10. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Found this on youtube today! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k94GkbWqgvI
  11. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Im not making the most of my power band - 4 - 7.5k, I get 1bar boost by 4k but was shifting at 6k as im unmapped. Oh! I thought I read the 1.8t's need high inpedance! I might just have a vid of your 1st run will have to see what my mate managed to record! He said you was snaking right...
  12. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Quick question guys, should I be running injector spacers on the RMR manifold? And also do I need high or low impendance injectors for my standard ecu? Thanks
  13. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Hi guys, 20vpolo - your car is amazing! I seriously want your car! What was your best time? Philw - did you see me run??! I did 2 runs, I think I got a 14.2 on the first one and 15.2 on the second! Crap but I was only running 1bar boost! I;ve decided im going on an empty private road...
  14. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Hi Mate, Yeah the strange looking mani - side mounted to the engine.. I think his best is 12.4. Think I will have to lower the boost then... thanks for the input. My old map was for 1.9bar spiking and holding 1.7 to redline, I assumed at 1.2 bar it would be ok but I guess its flowing much...
  15. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Hi all, I will be going inters tomorrow, even tho my car looks ready for the scrap yard!! I had a crazy week, I took my car to get the tracking checked and they somehow managed to drop an engine crane on the rear quater [:@].... VW fixing it, just need the their insurance company to give the...
  16. str8ballin

Owens development turbo project Octavia vRS.....

Hi Wilko, your owens 475 making 1bar @ 4400rpm, what gear was that in?
  17. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

I think it is very simple and for price well worth it! With your 4wd I think you will defo benefit from it.
  18. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Thats right, I just keep the clutch pressed to the floor then press the gas and the launch control is activated, no need to press together, just the clutch has to be first... very easy and clever piece of kit!
  19. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Just came across these... http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=382 Would I need the spacers they refer to on the RMR manifold? Thanks alot guys
  20. str8ballin

Stage 3 Polo 1.8T build

Ok thanks guys, good thing I started this thread before I dropped the car to JBS! If I went for 750cc injectors, are there a few options available or any good recommended ones? I keep seeing RC engineering ones, not sure if they would fit or not tho :confused: