Search results

1. Gib83

Back in the fold

I completely agree with you mate, surely these issues should get picked up at the design stage or before they leave the factory. Even then if they can't they should come up with a fix rather than fob owners off.
  2. Gib83

Back in the fold

I solved my creaking door seals by putting some car shampoo on the end of my finger, wiping on the inside of the door opening along the top and wiping with a clean, dry cloth. Before that my doors would creak like mad when going on and off my drive over the dropped kerb at an angle, now it's...
  3. Gib83

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone.
  4. Gib83

Creaking door seals

I've just cleaned the car and cleaned all the seals with an APC and the creaking is all but gone. It's gone from highly irritating to tolerable.
  5. Gib83

Dash side panel removal

Not yet but it comes and goes. If you press on the bottom corner of the front of the dash it stops so need to find some time to have a look
  6. Gib83

Gear Change - Poor Quality

Mines knotchy from 1st to 2nd but assumed it was a characteristic of the car. I've got an I40 at the moment for work and that's just as bad but very clunky from 3rd to 2nd.
  7. Gib83

Dash side panel removal

How easy is it to remove the dash side panel? I've got an annoying rattle which goes away when you press on the corner of the dash next to the air vent. I suspect its something in there so can get access through the side panel? Does it just clip on and off without risking breaking anything?
  8. Gib83

Want to purchase...

Snap me too. Ha ha. It's a small world. How come I've not seen you. Lol.
  9. Gib83

Want to purchase...

Yeah. Drive in to the centre everyday for work. Mines just an FR but don't see too many mk3 round Sheffield.
  10. Gib83

Want to purchase...

I'll keep my eyes open for you mate. What colour is yours?
  11. Gib83

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Took the car back to SEAT to have the A pillar fix redone, boot rattle fixed and door rattles cured.
  12. Gib83

Rattles, Creaking Doors and Noisy Suspension - Advice please

Not sure normal is the word I'd use but I know the new golf also suffers. A quick look on their forums show it has similar issues to the Leon. All cars will have their unique quirks but some you learn to live with and others drive you insane. Lol
  13. Gib83

You can also try gummipfledge on the rubbers.
  14. Gib83

Wax the inner door trim and bodywork. Helps to reduce the creaking
  15. Gib83

Part ex prices :-(

That's terrible mate. I dread to think what mines worth after only owning it for 6 months.
  16. Gib83

DAB Station Logos

I downloaded mine from VW but you had to store the stations for it to work.
  17. Gib83

A pillar

I never really noticed them at first and then noticed a shadow in the corner. Now and again the pillar vibrates so I assumed it had come loose. I'm going to try and book it in for them to refit it but at least I'm not alone. It's nice that a SEAT fix has worked. Ha ha. Mines only been in for 6...
  18. Gib83

A pillar

Has anyone who's had the A Pillar rattle fix have their rubber spacer on show as much as me? My rattle is coming back, all be it intermittently, but I wondered if this was the culprit and worked loose? I don't recall it being on show this much when it had been done.
  19. Gib83

Help me track my car please!

Looks great. Love the colour.
  20. Gib83

Boot stoppers

Bump. Anyone??