Search results

1. ScoobyJawa

Cruise Control - I GIVE UP!

It was when I did it, well not a headache, just time consuming, for the price others charge now to do it for you its not worth doing yourself IMHO!
  2. ScoobyJawa

fabia rear wiper

As above: http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=525&Itemid=6
  3. ScoobyJawa

Overboost - N75 problem?

That's an interesting suggestion, I always ran it on super but due to petrol costs wifey runs normal. That run was on a fresh tank of Total normal unleaded, will make sure the next tank is super and see if the problem goes away......
  4. ScoobyJawa

Overboost - N75 problem?

Been out for a run and the results are below. It happens in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th. (no so noticable in 6th). Requested boost is never over about 2030, but the spikes go up to 2200+. Looks like the N75 isn't running at full duty either? In the traces below the most prominent example of...
  5. ScoobyJawa

Rear wiper

All well and good if the pipe has come of at the join in the boot, I checked yesterday and its on fine. Motor pumps but nothing out of jet - next job is the PITA removal of the boot door trim to see if its come off in there :( No doubt lots of broken clips coming up lol!
  6. ScoobyJawa

Overboost - N75 problem?

Looks like blocks 115 and 118 would be useful to log then?
  7. ScoobyJawa

Overboost - N75 problem?

Changed the thermostat on wifeys car today (my old Cupra) and took it out for a run to check all ok, on a run up and down the A3 I noticed in 4th and 5th (not 6th but maybe also 3rd) that the car was overboosting alot and dropping boost down then getting up to normal boost pressure. Its an...
  8. ScoobyJawa

guide to changing thermostat

Just to add to this as I did it today, once you have the right tools its easy! IMHO the 3/8" Universal Joint is essential to do this yourself, costs about a fiver in Halfords. And the extension bars are needed almost as much. Just to aid anyone else looking to do this.
  9. ScoobyJawa

guide to changing thermostat

Chaps - is this the same on the Cupra 180 - slightly diff engine layout but assume the process is pretty much the same?
  10. ScoobyJawa

Engine warning light!!

Yep - yellow light is ok (ish lol) but red is a stop straight away so you'll be fine to keep driving but get sorted asap :)
  11. ScoobyJawa

Cruise Control

I fitted mine myself - fairly straightforward but time consuming. For the price places charge now to fit IMHO its a no brainer to get them to do it!
  12. ScoobyJawa

Engine warning light!!

What colour is the light - yellow or red?
  13. ScoobyJawa

Broken Horn

My horn didn't work, I took the light out to get to it and test the horn itself, rigged up some wires to the terminals direct to the battery and got deafened! Turned out to be the fuse - if only I'd looked at that first would have saved me a load of hassle lol!! Wifes cupra horn went too...
  14. ScoobyJawa

Water pump gone. How much should i get charged?

Ignore that, found Awesome do it!
  15. ScoobyJawa

Water pump gone. How much should i get charged?

Guys where do you get the metal type from - is it ECP or GSF? Or somewhere else? Anyone have the part no?
  16. ScoobyJawa

Removing Rear Seats

Lovely stuff :D
  17. ScoobyJawa

Removing Rear Seats

Sorry to dig up and old thread - whats involved in removing the rear seats? Ta :)
  18. ScoobyJawa

Alana/Aura headunits. Are they similar....

Fair play! Look the same connector to me: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106809
  19. ScoobyJawa

How scary is the LC in the wet!

I do think the standard 16s aren't brilliant in the wet, but you just get used to it and decent tyres make a big difference. However, using the same rubber (FK452) my Focus ST's 18s had shed loads more grip in the wet than my LC's 16s. (but then they were 225 18 rather than 205 16)
  20. ScoobyJawa

Alana/Aura headunits. Are they similar....

Connects2 do one for the Aura - why not just get that - I did! :)