Search results

1. LCR Clutch change

How many miles has the car done.? Don't listen to the garage. The fly wheel almost always never needs doing. I changed my clutch on the cheap (100 for LCR clutch 100 for labour) without wasting 300 odd on the flywheel and it was spot on (mechanic said the same). Many others will agree as well...
  2. LCR Blowing brake light

If I recall correctly...(the LCR was 2 cars ago now!) It was a lose connection with the bulb in the end. WHen I refitted the bulbs I don't think they sat perfectly, so either fell out or lost connection. For me, making 100% sure the bulb was firmly and securely seated seemed to solve the prob!
  3. Bonnet Bra fitted =)

Any other pics of the car. The bra looks really gay though...bra'
  4. K1 vs TTS, first impressions

Oh wow. How anyone with a Leon could even begin to jusifty their car over this is a mystery. Your car is B. E. A. YOUTIFULLL. Please remap it and get the full pontential though. Anyone that's saying "I'm not really a fan of TT's, rah rah rah" Is just jealous. I'm sorry, but that's the truth...
  5. Blown Turbo , Help Required

Errr, MCFLY! HELLO MCFLY?? SEAT are not doing the same because Hyundai have a 5 year warranty on their cars, SEAT do not. But thanks for playing.
  6. Redex and my LCR

Can you really be sure you've gained 1mpg. As there's so many variables...
  7. Leon Cupra R or Honda Civic Type R

Maybe. I see this biased crap so much though with each forum I read, that I try to remain impartial. When I was younger I was blinded by bias that my car was the **** (it was a hyundai :D). I think the less prestigious the badge, the more the owners try and compensate with praise. To try and...
  8. Leon Cupra R or Honda Civic Type R

I don't think anyone is slamming the Civic though. Horses for courses. But the easy route to 260bhp can't be ignored. The golf vs cupra argument was different as they're virtually the same car. So it all depended on if you wanted to tune it, and if you prefer the look of a golf over the leon.
  9. Leon Cupra R or Honda Civic Type R

LCR by far. Heavier car or not. With a remap, a Type R will be no match for a LCR, even if he catches you "on the boil" Oh, and no matter how good the civic may or may not be. There's no getting past the fact it's pretty damn ugly. Like a big wedge of cheese. The Leon isn't the prettiest car in...
  10. A6 LED rearlight style

it follows the shape. But Antnee has it. It's only half the cluster. It doesn't quite look right...Where of course on the audi, the whole cluster is that shape. Somehow though, I not sure it would look as good if it traced the original outline.
  11. A6 LED rearlight style

I know what people mean by saying chavvy. Ever noticed people emulating from Audi already. With all the white LED light strips. People sticking them in a line round the housings of their front headlights. On the front of an R8/S5 it's not chavvy. But a cheap knockoff, stuck to a civic or a...
  12. Resistance engaging first and/or reverse

My leon did this on occasion as well. Never any further problems though. My new car has done it a couple of times too. If you can't get it in, slip it in neutral, release and dip clutch again then it should "slip in" fine. It would occasionally crunch when pressing on and shifting up to...
  13. coolant light flashing.......

Probably not best to always ignore it. I did, and mine was infact leaking, from the radiator and the aux coolant pump...
  14. Leon Cupra or VW Golf V6 4Motion

I see you're in Middlesex Sparkie. What you driving?
  15. Leon Cupra or VW Golf V6 4Motion

But you'll be able to put that power down infinitely better in something that isn't FWD. Without having a reducing the power via mapping software or a handy right foot. The whole concept of people arguing that FWD is just as viable on a high power car is just madness. It's not a complete waste...
  16. Leon Cupra or VW Golf V6 4Motion

Opinions are like arseholes... The golf GTI I was in was better than my cupra R. Better cup holders, nicer plastics and the whole centre console is slightly angled towards the driver. Something oddly lacking in the Seat. The Leon IS a direct lift from the old A3. But, they use much cheaper...
  17. Leon Cupra or VW Golf V6 4Motion

I'm not saying you CAN'T have massive power and fwd. But it's night and day different to RWD and 4WD. You can't put the power down, you pull out slowly from junctions, trying to corner and power out is a joke. Power just can't be utilised fully with FWD. It's just so inferior for real driving...
  18. Leon Cupra or VW Golf V6 4Motion

But, apparantly FWD isn't a problem until at least 1000bhp. :confused: :cheeky:
  19. Leon Cupra or VW Golf V6 4Motion

Yes, you are indeed correct. I laugh in the face of logic and reason. For I have idiocy and spiritualism. For my next project I'm going to swap the front wheels for bicycle tyres. They should prevent all wheel spins, and allow exiting corners at maximum velocity! If you don't understand how...
  20. Leon Cupra or VW Golf V6 4Motion

Golf I'd take the 4motion over the leon, for the interior (especially if it has those leather recaros!) and the 4wd. Who ever said you don't need 4wd until 300+bhp is talking out their big gaping a$$. Well, I suppose that's partly true, if you've got RWD as standard. But obviously the leons and...