Search results

1. Monumental

Getting a new fr+ tdi 2012...

They are definitely different! Left is Furia and right is Track. I did wonder if the only real difference is that the Furia is glossier, maybe because of an extra lacquer coat? Might explain the extra cost? :think: The greys do look good, but whenever I see a picture of my old Candy White...
  2. Monumental

Getting a new fr+ tdi 2012...

Here is track grey and furia grey side by side. I found it impossible to tell them apart, although it didn't help that one was spanky new and the other had 4 months of grime on it. Can you guess which is which?:think:
  3. Monumental

Updated: Leon FR Model Year 2012 [Pics]

It's a company lease car so unfortunately I don't know the exact order date or build week. I submitted the spec at the end of June, but I have the feeling the guy who orders the company cars was in no hurry so the acutal order could have been some time after that. Mine isn't DSG, which may...
  4. Monumental

Updated: Leon FR Model Year 2012 [Pics]

Just found out that my FR+ TDI will be delivered on Monday, looking forward to it. :D Currently in a rental 1.6 ecomotive thing, so it will be nice to have a bit of oomph again (previously had a '07 FR TDI).
  5. Monumental

Tyre Wear

I get the tyres rotated at every service so that they wear more evenly. I was surprised that I got 37k out of them though. They just kept going!
  6. Monumental

Tyre Wear

I got 37k miles out of the first set of tyres on my FR TDI. I do a few m-way miles, but that also included a load of alpine passes, Evo triangle etc, etc. They were Michelin Pilot Exaltos, so maybe the Bridgestones are a lot softer.
  7. Monumental

Tyre Wear

I have a feeling that the extra load tyres have super stiff sidewalls for heavier cars i.e. SUVs, so perhaps they'll give a very harsh ride when fitted to a Leon. I could be talking rubbish though...
  8. Monumental

Tyre Wear

The Michelin Pilots that came on my FR TDI are still going at 36k miles and probably have 1 or 2k left in them. Frankly I'm amazed as although I do a fair few motorway miles I don't spare the horses on the twisty bits in between!
  9. Monumental

when was candy white released?

I think it was spring '07 that they introduced CW. Mine's an early one on an 07 plate, it was about 6 months before I saw another CW Leon on the road!
  10. Monumental

SCN overrun by Leon MK2 issues?

Could just be my bad memory, but I'm pretty sure my Leon rattles much more than my Scoob or Evo ever did. Or maybe I didn't notice because I was having too much fun driving them :D
  11. Monumental

I can understand that when you have a certain car and you read about all the faults on a forum it's very easy to feel negative about it, but I really don't think MkII Leons are significantly worse than average. Mine hasn't been fault free, but then no car I've ever had has been (although a Honda...
  12. Monumental

No one ever posts 'no faults occured with my car today'. Car forums always make it look much worse than it is for that reason. So relax, your car isn't about to develop every fault listed on this site :)
  13. Monumental

Loose rear seats in the New Leon Fr

I did exactly the same thing, thinking that the bottom part of the bench would flip up. It was ages ago now so I don't remember how I did it, but I did manage to clip it back into place. If you can't work it out maybe you can ask a fat friend to bounce up and down on it, that's bound to force it...
  14. Monumental

What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

Ah happy memories...:D 1. Subaru Impreza Turbo:) 2. Honda Integra Type-R:) 3. Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ300:)
  15. Monumental

Cranking before starting - 2.0 TDI

Mine often takes longer to catch than expected. Doesn't really bother me since it always starts.
  16. Monumental

Black wheels on red FR

I've always loved the red on black/ dark grey wheels colour scheme. Reminds me of my old teggy type-R:)
  17. Monumental

Petrol or Diesel Leon FR

10k a year = petrol. With the TDI I'd be worried about DPF issues on a 10min commute, it's unlikely to warm up enough to do the waste burning thing.
  18. Monumental

18" or 17" ?

I think you answered your own question there. If they don't interest you then spend the money on something else. Personally I think the 17s look awful. So, for me the 18s were the right choice. It sounds like for you the 17s are better. It easy to get caught up in everyone else's opinions...
  19. Monumental

How to spot xenons

Well, that's a very good question. Long story short(ish): -From new, the dipped beams were adjusting themselves too low. i.e. they only illuminated the road a few metres ahead:( -I asked them to look at this at the first service. Apparently the 'rear level sensor' needed to be replaced:(...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.