Search results

1. TheCraig

Can you retrofit the 'easy access' seat mechanism

I asked about this as my 3 door was the same, it was a right pain. The parts dept didnt have a clue what i was on about! I still cant understand why neither seat had easy access fitted! every other car i have ever driven had it! Your probably best looking for a seat frame in a scrappy
  2. TheCraig

Mk5 Golf or TD130 Mk4 Ibiza?

"The 1.9 tdi engine only seems to produce 105 bhp as standard :headhurt:" theres a 130and a 150 golf tdi... Golf every time for me... Golf GT TDI 150
  3. TheCraig

Can someone give me the run down on a Ibiza TDI Cupra please

it wont mate, its the wrong shape! (corners are rounded)
  4. TheCraig

Parrot handsfree kits in an ibiza

Ive got a thb bury in mine, highly recommended, and im told its better than the parrot kits because it connects straight away and you dont have to set up your voice commands like you do with the parrot. Also you can change the theme colour so it matches your interior lights!
  5. TheCraig

Derv Newb' Question

I think he means mid to late 30's - I probably wouldnt bother with a diesel for 3 miles a day, I was doing an 11 mile each way in the pd130 and was just scraping 40 mpg, sure it will be less doing only 3 miles.
  6. TheCraig

Derv Newb' Question

I'd reckon an FR TDI , or 130 sport depending on budget - Both are the same power and reasonably quick, yet pretty good on fuel - You could get around 45 - 55 mpg, obviously dependant on your driving style, and the distance your doing on each trip. Tbh, mine was pretty crap on short journeys...
  7. TheCraig

what do i need to replace....

You can also get the top mounts from eurocar parts, or if your from the newcastle / sunderland / durham area you can have some brand new ones still in boxes for free if you can collect them! (to fit 130 tdi)
  8. TheCraig

Cost for Seat garage to reconnect rear washer?

The dealer quoted me £38 to put it right on mine, saying that they'd have to take the arch liner out to get at it...erm no you dont! I used Mikes pictures as a guide as to where to find it and clip it back together
  9. TheCraig

Overall Ibiza Sport Impressions

Pete, how many miles do you do in the learner car a year? 1k in a week is more than i do in a month!
  10. TheCraig

In for a service

Are you any good with a bit of DIY? You could do all of your brakes yourself for about 50 quid (pads only + piston rewinder tool), and you could pick up the discs on ebay for about the same... So you could do that, buy your tyres and still have change from your £346!
  11. TheCraig

Rear window wash - uncovered problem

Its either because its the wrong shape cos it wasnt designed for your car, or your wiper is knackered... Or maybe its got a bit of grit stuck under it - try cleaning the actual blade
  12. TheCraig

Creaky suspension/engine mount?

I think the salt dries them out and makes them split... Its difficult to explain what they are, but follow this google link and choose the first link on the page - loads of pictures of what your looking for. Although its a skoda site, the Fabia has the same running gear as the Ibiza...
  13. TheCraig

Creaky suspension/engine mount?

Mine is exactly the same - makes the same noise as you would get from walking on old squeaky floorboards - you can hear it when gently changing gear at low speeds and when you use the brakes. The dealer told me its the rear console bushes that need replacing (booked in for tuesday). Is it...
  14. TheCraig

any one got pics fitting front and back discs and pads

Am i safe toi drive it? Guys, Ive just done one rear pad but have knackered my ratchet trying to do the other side:lol::censored::whistle: (the bolt disnt turn at all!) Am i safe to drive with a full pad on one side and next to nowt on the other? (only to work, halfords and home tomorrow)...
  15. TheCraig

Co2 change mid mk4 Ibiza

A few months back, I was looking at a 2 litre diesel jetta that was in band C for tax, when it should have been group D. I was told by the salesman that cars are tested for emissions when they come off the boat... some end up in lower tax brackets than theyre supposed to, some in higher - Just...
  16. TheCraig

bye bye to the ibiza!

My 130 sport on an 03 reg had cruise and climate from the factory (and a light in the boot!). I think they are well specced when compared to equivalent cars from other brands for your money. And when it came out there was nothing to touch it performance wise from a small diesel...
  17. TheCraig

How can I check that service work has been done?

Ive seen what they do at that place in durham before, they put it in the car park surrounded by hot sprinklers and then wash it properly. Good idea really but theres alot of wasted water, and I bet their heating bill is through the roof! Although I cant say for fact that this is what they did...
  18. TheCraig

How can I check that service work has been done?

If you dont want them to clean your car, tell them not to! For me, it was an unexpected bonus and it was gleaming! Its mucky again now though :lol: I actually bought my previous car from the same garage, and the day me and my mate went to pick it up we couldnt believe how bright the colour...
  19. TheCraig

40k service

It'll be going up for sale privately or getting sold to carcraft now I think. Theres a strong possibility of a company car in the next couple of months, so im glad it didnt go when I was looking to change!
  20. TheCraig

40k service

My car is missing one stamp in the service history and when i attempted to trade it in a couple of months back, it was suddenly worth about 500 quid less than it had been worth when they didnt know about the missing stamp. If your going to do one service it yourself you may as well do all...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.