Search results

1. jonnie5

Morrisons SEAT Stirling

I bought my current FR+ from their in 2006 it was the Principles wifes car. Good service always got given a courtesy car at service times I have no problems with them at all. Since I bought the car Fife Seat in Glenrothes is closer and now does the service's on my car now. No complaints either...
  2. jonnie5

Think i've cross threaded my sump - now sorted :)

As with any thread, always put the bolt in gently and turn it anti clockwise until you feel it click and drop in then turn clockwise to finger tight as an extra I always just then turn it back and forth gently and you can tell it its on the right thread.
  3. jonnie5

Why does it never feel the same?

The intake temp does make a difference but it barometric pressure that makes it much more of a difference.
  4. jonnie5

Single CD Head Unit Aura

Thanks I have now posted in the wanted section
  5. jonnie5

Single CD Head Unit Aura

I have the standard single disc CD head unit Aura. (Leon FR+) Will the cd changer off the Aura tape deck package fit? Does anyone know the part numbers for the changer that will fit my car?
  6. jonnie5

How do I know if my cambelt has been changed?

To be honest if I didn't have the faith that the garage weren't honest I wouldn't be buying a car or using them for that matter. Don't know if its possible but could you not just loosen the cover to see if you could pull it back enough to examine the belt. Other that that get a qualified master...
  7. jonnie5

Vag-com

Thanks for the reply. There are so many on ebay any decent sellers that anyone would recommend? UK based is probably a good idea!
  8. jonnie5

Vag-com

I'm looking to purchase VAG-COM for my Leon FR+ 150tdi. Apart from going to Gendan etc there are loads on ebay trouble is which one to choose. Are there any good ones on ebay or am I best to buy an original from Gendan?
  9. jonnie5

how many miles has everybody done??

55 plate TDI FR+ 43k just had its first timing belt and water pump
  10. jonnie5

Drone noise on FR+

Sorted. Cars running sweet as a nut. The 2 back tyres were faulty. Tread depth the same right accross the tyres but the inside 2 inches of both tyre (tread part) the stucture of the tyres had failed (inside). The guy said its the angle of the speed bumps putting pressure on the insides 2 inches...
  11. jonnie5

FR+ front grill

It was enjoyable at the time. :p:D
  12. jonnie5

FR+ front grill

Hope so mate that sounds the easy way. BTW Getting 2 new Assymetrics fitted tomorrow see if that help with the noise. Was thinking it might just be a flat spot on my tyre.(I did a hand brake slide on xmas eve in the snow)
  13. jonnie5

FR+ front grill

Somethings hit my front grill and burst a little bit of the honeycomb black plastic under the reg plate. Anyone got the part number and I can get my dad to order one from tps. What do these cost and is it bumper off to fix? :doh:
  14. jonnie5

Drone noise on FR+

I like my car to run as sweet as a nut, and although the noise is faint I know its there. Seat charged me £485 for the timing belt kit and water pump and for doing the wheel bearing. Although I do additional oil changes every 5k and any other work at my dads work I still like to give my car a...
  15. jonnie5

What is the longest youve left a cam belt?

I just had mine changed at 43k. Its was 4 years old last December
  16. jonnie5

Drone noise on FR+

I've had the car 3 years this March Bought it with 9k on the clock and its just covered 43k. Just had its first timing belt and water pump lol. (4 years old last December)
  17. jonnie5

Drone noise on FR+

Yes I can feel it in the brake pedal. As if the ABS is working but very very faintly. Tire will be changed in the next week or two. I'll report back then.
  18. jonnie5

Drone noise on FR+

Hay all. I recently had new front brake discs and pads, new drivers side cv boot replaced, all parts from tps. A few weeks after that I noticed a faint droning noise (it actually sounds like the pod racers in the Star War film). I had it checked out and because the wheel bearing was disturbed...
  19. jonnie5

De-badging then re-badging FR+

Dont think its really called a plus from the factory. I think its just how people on here distinguish this car from the first cupra/fr models Its doesn't list the + on the V5 or anything. The fact that the FR is all in red makes it different.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.