Search results

1. Clunking on accelerate & decelerate...

Suspension bushes in the front wishbones for my money. Where in the country are you? JBS would be able to have a look and sort you out.
  2. Seat Fixed Price Servicing

I took the Seat (VW Finance) fixed price deal. I paid £43 a month for three years (so £1548). I got two services a year, plus at least three pairs of tyres so I reckon I certainly saved on it.
  3. Roof bars for 3 door ibiza

I used to put my MTB in the back of my Ibiza (seats down / out etc) but got fed up of it. Considered the roof bar set-up but thought I'd do exactly what Dave has done (ie car + bikes < car park barrier). Went down the towbar and ball mouted carrier route.
  4. Warranty's Nealy Up

Agree with Sisson, get a good check on the ARB and wishbone bushes.
  5. Thanks everybody

I'm still here. I don't have much time for anyone who flounces off a forum saying they're not coming back, so I hope nobody read my post that way. I just wanted to thank some very helpfull people. I'd also add the admin's to that, as I think this is a very well run site. Thanks for the tip...
  6. Thanks everybody

Well, I've changed my car as the bills were starting to mount up on the Ibiza after 86,000 miles in a shade under 4 years. I got the front wishbone bushes done, along with the the boost pipe which had been spraying oil over the back of the headlight. When the garage did the bushes, they...
  7. Help! Aura wiring

Sorry, it's the Alana HU. The pins on the ISO block for switched ignition and perm ignition are both wired, but their not yellow or red. One's brown and blue IIRC, the other I forget. Oh, is there a nack of getting the pins out of the ISO block? I've removed the yellow security strip...
  8. Help! Aura wiring

I've been replacing my Alpine HU with the factory Aura head-unit tonight. As is well apart from the unit resets when you turn the ignition off. When I removed the Alpine loom, on the connector which plugs into the bottom section of the Alana I found that one of the pins had been removed...
  9. 19' for new Leon FR

Ride can't be great though. I tested an FR TDI with 18s and thought it was jiggly at times.
  10. Bugger, it's clonking again

:thumbsup: Thanks for letting me know Col. I might well be in touch CC - thank you for your offer.
  11. High mileage MK4s

IMO, the PD130 engine keeps getting better until 45 to 50k miles, so at 20k miles you've not seen the best of it by a long way.
  12. Changing Pads & Discs - DIY?

Not quite, 83,000. ABP said the discs were badly lipped and needed changing - I'm pretty sure they are the originals.
  13. High mileage MK4s

Thanks all for your thoughts and comments. It's somewhat swings and roundabouts between taking a higher trade-in value today (Eddy's prices of around £4k on a car with 110k on is good to hear) or waiting for a number of months and saving up more cash to make a big deposit (at the expense of...
  14. High mileage MK4s

Cheers Ant. I'll work on doing the cambelt by 100k. It's still on the original clutch, with (touch wood) no sign of it slipping. Will be staying away from main dealer servicing now - I saved about £100 on the 80k service price. When looking around at new cars I've been working on a trade...
  15. High mileage MK4s

Given the recent expense on my Ibiza, I'm currently debating what to do with it. It's on 83,200(ish) miles and is a Jan 03 52 plate which I've had from new. I had new front tyres yesterday, which I'd been expecting at some point soon, but un-even wear caused by the knackered bush in the...
  16. Changing Pads & Discs - DIY?

Thanks MB - that's top stuff.
  17. Changing Pads & Discs - DIY?

I've downloaded the EBC catalogues, so I've got the right part codes for them and I'm just waiting on a price for OE parts. I might be able to borrow a torque wrench, anyone got any idea what sort of values I'd need for the various parts? Other than "damn tight" that is :D
  18. Alpine 9847R install in mk4 Ibiza FR

Thank you! :thumbup:
  19. Changing Pads & Discs - DIY?

I'm full of questions today! Is this an easy task to complete on an Ibiza? I'm reasonably happy doing stuff on my MTB but the most I've done on a car is change a wheel and swap a back-box on my scoob. I do have axle stands and a trolley jack. What else would I need other than big hammer...
  20. Cupra TDI Wishbone Bush Pt Nos

True. Do you mind me asking how much that cost?