Search results

1. Which models have the sports chassis?

Nice one thanks M0rk :) Will get a pair on order today, just needed to clarify if it was the sports chassis or not as the parts dealer couldnt help out at all. The temptation for only doing one is pretty high, especially as Im only fixing the car so I can sell her :( 107k miles is a little bit...
  2. Which models have the sports chassis?

Hi Guys, Sorry if this has ben asked a million times before, but things a re bit desperate right now. Just snapped a front spring:headhurt: (fu**ing:censored: A303 through Blackdown Hills). I need to get a new pair of springs, but have no idea whether or not my car is one with the sports...
  3. Replacement Leon Cupra R Engine, AUQ or BAM?!

If you melted your engine through running it with no cooling water, you should buy a bicycle. sorry to be rude.
  4. 18" Wheels on LEON

Mate if you cant get Cupra R wheels then go RS4 all the way you wont be disappointed. Id post picks, but ive had a few beers and cant be bothered to share. :D ...oh yeah, and black is good, but mine are silver and have eaten concrete curb stone in their time. (that is if your cars black... or...
  5. how many miles has everybody done??

104000k or there abouts. And all of the issues I will list below are only going to annoy newbs who try to search the forum as these come up at least once a day... 1. bank 1 Running lean, lambda issues, engine management light on all the time. Seat dealer replaced the lambda (previous owner)...
  6. Whistling!!

Does the noise change when cornering, accelerating, when at certain rev ranges etc. It may something from under the bonnet, but it could also be a good ol' fashioned wheel bearing on the way out.
  7. Reselling value?

Nice one, cheers Saul
  8. Reselling value?

Hi guys, Things have gone a bit different at this end now and it is looking like the old girl is going to be leaving shortly (with any luck to be replaced by an R in the not so distant future). If I want to put her up on autotrader (or any other car selling site) how much is a sensible...
  9. Flushed doors...

Its also worth considering the fact that you may sell the car one day, and without door handles its going to put a lot of people off. But on the other hand would look pretty good and be a challenge. Not my cup of tea though. Good luck with it!
  10. Cheap Aero Wipers

Get the retro fit vw ones, they are £20 from vw dealer no need for postage or waiting for them to arrive and the clip on and work a treat. The dealer will prbably tell you that they wont fit your car but just ignore them. You want the ones to fit the mk3 - mk4 golf.
  11. Dashboard Amber Engine Warning Light On...... What's Wrong?

it could be anything, this light is ****! I just git mine to clear after a lot of trying to figure out what the problem was. Drove up to Reading and half way back down 'BING' f****r came back on!
  12. RS6 Rims

I drive a 1.8t cupra and that sits (im pretty sure) on the same sized bits and boobs underneath, and she looks hansom on a set of 18s, without lowering. I was going to go for 18s, but am glad i spent the extra few pounds on the larger rims as the arches on the leon are the perfect size for them.
  13. the most noticable mod ever

I was out in a hire car for work for about 4 weeks before and never got to get in the cupra at all, and after four weeks of driving a vauxhall zafira i jumped back into the cupra and nearly put it in the hedge at the end of the driveway! Fortunately i didnt, and the driving the car after...
  14. remaps and insurance

Declare it mate, its not the cost of reparing cars if you crash, its the payout to any injured people, so you do kind of need to be covered by valid insurance. I personally couldnt afford to pay out compensation to somebody who had to take six months of work because we had crashed into each...
  15. Where is the temp sensor?

satilaboy, I just checked out your other post and the reader you are getting, I got one myself does the job quite nicely, I keep getting 'bank 1 lean', garage says pre cat lambder so replaced that, still get the fault, unplugged maf - no change at all, disconnected each coil pack no change at...
  16. Been Busy Claying :-D (not 56k Friendly)

T least it doesnt look being uniformly dirty, its when one of the kids around your way writes their name in the dirt on the boot that it all goes pete tong. It was worth it for the week of glory nonetheless!
  17. Which Remap??? pics!

If your in Cornwall anytime soon, stay out of Falmouth with those plates the falmouth Bobbies love 'em! And The ones in Warrington in the north west. Their nice, but are an expensive commodity if you do get pulled, and be sure everything else (tyres etc) are spot on, alse you wil get done for...
  18. Where is the temp sensor?

Thats spot on thanks Dan, now hopefully this will solve my little engine warning light.
  19. Where is the temp sensor?

Hi guys, Sorry for the completely null question. I havnt had a look before and it's dark outside now, but Im thinking of replacing the temp sensor in another attempt to solve my problem, but have no idea where it goes. Has anyone got any pictures or a simple description. Much thanks
  20. Doesnt this make my Leon Mk1 dated ?

I heard through the grape vine (so dont quote this as gospel) that the Mk2 was deliberately made to a lesser build quality as the mk1 was selling so well that golf sales dropped significantly. Like I say, its just something I heard so dont throw ban signs at me!