Search results

1. Dealer cam belt replacement: need car for 2 days?

Got my car back early Friday evening, glad to say everything went to plan and touch wood, there have been no issues. Done about 80 miles over the weekend and the car feels just fine. only gripe would be that its got a tad too much oil, can't get a proper reading on the dipstick. I'll draw some...
  2. Dealer cam belt replacement: need car for 2 days?

Hi All, My my18 Leon is off to the dealer today for a service and as its now 5 years old, a new cam belt. They're keeping the car for 2 days to do this. I should get it back tomorrow afternoon all going well. Reason I ask is last time I had this done on my previous Leon, the same dealer did the...
  3. Broken nearside rear coil spring

Was checking over the car the other day in preparation for its MOT test. Dunno why but I was compelled to look at the rear coils springs cause I thought the car had been sitting low at the back a week past when I had 5 onboard for a trip to the Lake District. The bottom coil of the nearside...
  4. Is this hole meant to be there?

I've had my facelift FR for almost a year now and I can't believe I've not noticed this before! There is a hole underneath the rear valance. Is there supposed to be a cover on this or is it open on all cars? I believe it must be something to do with a towbar fitment. If there is supposed to be a...
  5. Exclusive website discount for ALL forum members!

Was just about to order a set of wiper blades for my car when I remembered this! Details emailed, thanks very much.
  6. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Yep, managed to find its way between a rubber mallet and a paving block 2 months back! Thats the nail just growing back after falling off about a month ago. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.
  7. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Yep, done it in my drive, I'm a bit OCD so I had checked, double checked, triple... the oil level before deciding to draw some out with the extractor. I find the dipstick hard to read, so I drew out more oil to bring the level down onto the dimpled portion of the stick. So to get the after image...
  8. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Update: Had contact back from Seat Customer Service but nothing definitive to report yet. The representative was going to contact the dealership for clarification of some details so I can find out exactly what warranty I have on the new engine and the work done as even he wasn't sure! I've not...
  9. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Ok, car still behaving fine but I've not had a chance to take it out anywhere yet where I can legally do more than 30mph. Hopefully go a wee run tomorrow after work to see how she goes. I've drafted a letter and sent it to Seat Customer Services in Milton Keynes. I decided to do it the old...
  10. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Update: Got the car back this afternoon. I didn't get to have a look until I got home from work this evening. Everything looks OK, taken it for a short drive, no odd noises, everything feels fine, only time will tell. Had a quick look under the bonnet seeing as its raining here, looks like a new...
  11. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Thanks for everyone's views on this. I'm just gutted it happened in the first place. Never been anything wrong with the car up to this point. I would normally have traded up before the timing belt was due, but as I've only done just over 2000 miles in the last 15 month, I thought I'd hold onto...
  12. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

I'm sure they'd be fitting a like for like engine, I wouldn't imagine they could drop in a 1.5. The cam belt replacement has/had a 5 year warranty on, it didn't last 24hrs, they'll be picking up the bill alright. Be interesting to see exactly what a new engine constitutes. I mean does it have...
  13. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Update on the situation: The dealership has phoned me today and told me that it is not Seat's policy to repair but to replace so I will be getting a new engine. They are expecting this to arrive in the coming days. I wasn't expecting this, I'd imagine a new engine would cost a pretty penny.
  14. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Its a 1.4 ECOTSI ACT FR and the engine is CZEA according to sticker in the service book. I think it goes without saying that it will be an interference engine. It'll be interesting to see what the damage is, or if I'll even find out. I've been given a 21 plate Fabia for the time being...
  15. New cambelt fitted, tensioner fails within 24hrs!!!

Hi Guys, Haven't posted in a while but been keeping an eye on things. Anyway the car is just about 5 years old now, I've had it for 4 of those. I would have changed it before now but like a lot of you, the car hasn't seen much use. I've only done about 2000 miles in the last year. So it was due...
  16. Would it be wise to buy a TDI for low mileage/occasional use considering DPF

Yep, been looking. Seen a couple of 11 plate ones, theres a 61 plate Cupra R on Seat's own site. Funny thing though, there seem to be a lot of K1's on Autotrader and Ebay. Older and usually modified or multiple owners, not for me. I'll keep looking, no rush really.
  17. Would it be wise to buy a TDI for low mileage/occasional use considering DPF

Thanks everyone for your input. The car I was looking at was a 2.0TDI SE Tech pack. I used to have a 1.9tdi Stylance 3 cars ago. I loved that car, had 2 petrols since then (Ibiza and now facelift Leon FR 1.4TSI) but I am looking to change soon. Like one of the other posters said, diesel models...
  18. Would it be wise to buy a TDI for low mileage/occasional use considering DPF

Hi All, I'm seriously considering buying a nearly new Leon 3 2.0TDI SE with the Tech Pack. Only thing is that I am a low mileage driver, about 6000 a year. I cycle to work so only use the car on my day off or weekends. Is the situation regarding DPF's any better with these or am I best...
  19. Spark plugs on 1.4tsi FR, Misfiring issue

Hi there, Sorry I haven't been on for a few weeks. I got my plugs from Euro Car Parts. They will most probably have them in stock. Order and pay online and collect in store for a better price. I had trouble pulling the coil packs. They can be removed with a couple of cable ties but I opted to...
  20. Spark plugs on 1.4tsi FR, Misfiring issue

After a bit of research, it turns out that the SEAT supplied plugs are the same as the NGK PZFR6R that you can get from Eurocarparts for about 2/3rds of the price of the dealer. I changed them over this morning. To make life easier, I got a coil pack puller from AwesomeGTI. Well worth the cash...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.