Search results

1. Full link activation

Anyone know if there is a known problem with the dealer full link activation upgrade? We've been waiting for a month for the local dealer to activate iton our 2015 FR Technology (2016 model year). There was an initial delay of a fortnight getting the code and a part from SEAT, then when they...
  2. Leaky tail light - seal part number?

|Pulled all the rear trim out and my Mrs got in the boot while I ran a hose over the rear hatch. The water was coming from the seam where the outboard tail light bucket meets the rear panel on both sides. I squeezed 3M seam sealer in to the seam all the way round the bucket and it's stopped the...
  3. Leaky tail light - seal part number?

Thanks. They don't seem to list a seal or gasket at all. I hope it's not part of the tail light and not separately available.
  4. Leaky tail light - seal part number?

Hi 2007 Leon Stylance... We have a leak in to the rear left tail light cluster (the one on the tailgate, not the one on the rear quarter panel). Could you confirm the part number for the seal(s) for that light please? When we open the tailgate after rain, water pours out from behind the trim...
  5. Current recommendations for stereo upgrade?

Hi I have a 2007 Leon Stylance with the Convenience Pack and factory Bluetooth, so it has the multi-function steering wheel with phone controls and the better in-dash multi-function display. I bought the car new, but it's been our second car for several years, so I've never seriously looked at...
  6. Bunch of very very useful leon mk2 tutorials !

It does if you follow my instructions in post 35... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4352158&postcount=35 The original site is gone but the internet archive has a copy that is still accessible. I just checked a link to fit an oil catch can and it was there with all the pictures.
  7. Xperia Z5 Bluetooth Connectivity?

I've checked the stereo settings. They're... Device part number: 5QA035858 Hardware: H24 Software: 0241 Navigation database: 6P0919866 043 ECE 2015/16 Is that the latest software version?
  8. Judder on pulling away... & servicing near Reigate

I've been taking Mk2 to Crawley Down SEAT (now Euro SEAT) for a few years. I had a bad experience with them with a Renault Megane that I had before, but I'm happy with the work they do on my Mk2 Leon. I think Euro SEAT have managed to keep on most of the same staff, so I'll carry on taking...
  9. Xperia Z5 Bluetooth Connectivity?

Thanks, I'll check the head unit software version tonight. It's not just bluetooth audio streaming that I'm having problems with, the phone won't connect in phone mode unless I delete it from the list of paired devices and re-pair it each time. The Phone firmware etc is up to date. I have a...
  10. Xperia Z5 Bluetooth Connectivity?

Hi Does anyone else have a Sony Xperia Z5 and have you managed to get it to reliably connect to the stereo? (Not sure of the model - I have the standard one that comes with the tech pack on a late-2015 FR - it was registered in mid-December). My wife and I both had Xperia Z phones (the...
  11. Start stop error message

Thanks. It hasn't done it for the last couple of days. I'll check the revs when it does it next. Would probably explain the burning smell too.
  12. Start stop error message

Can you elaborate on those issues please? What are the symptoms? We picked up our new FR (2.0l 150PS) in December. It currently has less than 500 miles on it (mixed country roads and motorway) and has developed an intermittent stop-start problem. The symptom is that before joining the motorway...
  13. Dead Gauges

Sod's law, it fixed itself overnight. Not sure if the connections were damp and dried out overnight, or whether something had tripped to protect the instruments and needed longer to reset (my folding mirrors trip out sometimes, and won't operate again until the ignition has been off with the...
  14. Dead Gauges

Hi Started my Leon Mk2 (1.9tdi) this morning and the gauges are all dead. MFD works (but the time had reset to 0:00), everything else works, no warning lights showing, but the gauges are all dead. Have tried disconnecting the battery, leaving for a while and reconnecting, but that hasn't...
  15. Links to Useful How-To Guides

If anyone needs to use these FAQs in future, you can still get at them via the Internet Archive's 'WaybackMachine'. I've posted the instructions here... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4352158&posted=1#post4352158 The link that I've included in that post as an example is for...
  16. Bunch of very very useful leon mk2 tutorials !

Please don't delete this thread!! Please don't delete this FAQ! The original website, is gone (presumably the owner stopped paying for the domain), but it can still be viewed, with all its photos etc via the Internet Archive's 'waybackmachine'... Just go to http://archive.org/web/ and paste...
  17. What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

Hi I'm considering swapping out the original HU from my '07 Leon Stylance. I ordered it with factory-fit bluetooth, so it's got the steering wheel with phone selection buttons. I want to gain bluetooth streaming, but rather than bother trying to fudge it by changing the bluetooth unit and...
  18. Guide: How to fix the common leaking rear washer pipe in the Boot/Passenger footwell

Another thank you for this thread. For the benefit of future users, I'd also add that it helps to have two pairs of pliers, at least one of which should be long-nosed. The socket-end of the pipe is a pain to get hold of, so grip the socket end with long nosed pliers and push the plug end...
  19. Sidlow Gatwick - ceases trading

Oh dear god, never, ever use Crawley Down! I had a Renault Megane II before my Leon. Bought it from Renault UK in Croydon but took it to Crawley Down when it developed the first of many problems (google for the Parker's Guide Forum thread on Megane IIs to find out how many there are :( )...
  20. Sidlow Gatwick - ceases trading

That's who I used for the 20K service. It's a bit of a trek, but service was good, and they left me with the leftover oil and screenwash, which Sidlow didn't do at the 10K service. Just a pain in the bum to get to before or after work, so I have to take time off. We need a dealer west of the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.