Search results

1. bald_eagle

Hi newbie

Had something similar when my drivers door stayed unlocked,could lock it using the key manually no problem,i stuck some WD40 using the straw into the keyhole itself and locked unlocked a few times and something freed up. Mechanism still sounds a bit noisy on the drivers side but has worked...
  2. bald_eagle

How long have you had yours?

owned mine just about 10 years. 130tdi sport. Look around occasionally to see what i could change it for and nothing grabs me unless your talking spending 1000s. Even modern stuff cant do much better than the combination of performance and economy i got now with the remap.
  3. bald_eagle

My bodge cup holder

Welcome aboard and nothing wrong with a good bodge (unless its regarding safety of coarse) :)
  4. bald_eagle

Ibiza 130 sport dash failures

lots of threads and its a common failure if yours is the 6 dial dash?,problem is the solder on the circuit board dries out. biggest problem is it can effect the immobiliser which can eave you stuck. heres one thread on the subject if you like a good read...
  5. bald_eagle

Engine Fans 2007 Cupra 1.8T

Cant help with your particular problem as mines diesel and the ecu definitely triggers the fans but i was having a problem where neither fan was working on low speed. i even tested the low speed with a connection straight to the battery with zero action. before buying new fans thought i would...
  6. bald_eagle

Door lock microswitch Guide

The car will reset the alarm and doors after 30 seconds if no doors have been opened and its supposed to do that , the issue is if it does it even if you have got in. Get in drom the drivers side and wait for a while and see if the doors lock on you,don't do anything inside like turning the...
  7. bald_eagle

Flip key

Made mine years ago but their are quite a few on ebay still. I swapped the transponder out of my existing spare key so no need to programme anything i just got the blade cut and that was it.
  8. bald_eagle

'Lights on' warning buzzer not working

The microswitch in the drivers door lock is the cause of the problem,sounds like yours is just wearing out if the problem is intermittent.all explained in the previous pages in this thread.
  9. bald_eagle

Ibiza fr 1.9tdi bad at hot starts

Battery is my guess from experience of this problem. try charging it up off the car overnight and see if the problem dissapears for a few days.
  10. bald_eagle

New radiator time on 130 PD?

yes, if you search heater matrix or coolant leak on here you will find quite a few threads on the subject. quite a common problem apparently.
  11. bald_eagle

New radiator time on 130 PD?

i have had a 130pd for 8 years and the bottom hose has never got warm. had a coolant leak a few weeks back which turned out to be the common problem of the o rings perishing on the heater matrix where the 2 pipes run through the bulkhead.maybe have a look there for your leek.
  12. bald_eagle

Making my first purchase - advice?

sounds like the pipe has popped off the rear washer pump,it happened to me, if that's the case its a simple fix as the pumps are easy enough to get too and you just pop it back on. try getting someone to use the washers and you look underneath as they do it, if its popped off it will squirt...
  13. bald_eagle

A/C Issues

There are a number of flaps and some have been known to stick,you can give the flaps a reset using vcds if thats available to you.
  14. bald_eagle

04 Ibiza FR Wheel arch rust

interesting info, i have a june 2002 ibiza and no rust on the wing yet (or none that is obvious) but i will need to look into getting rid of that foam.
  15. bald_eagle

Key fob help

sounds like its time for a new key as cant think of anything else you could try.simple enough to swap over just need to be extra careful with the transponder.
  16. bald_eagle

Loud noise from front wheels cant find the problem?

If you think the tracking out i would go get it checked and they could look over the rest for you. you can get a surprising amount of extra tyre noise just from the tracking being out.
  17. bald_eagle

Seat Ibiza Mk4 Oil Warning

don't panic its just the service warning symbol,when was it last serviced?,if recent maybe they didnt reset it,instructions to do it yourself are in the owners manual.
  18. bald_eagle

What's wrong here?

yes that's just the top mount,you need a bearing to fit inside the groove that you can see. heres a top mount and bearing to give you a idea. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEYLE-Front-Top-Mount-Bearing-for-VW-Fox-Polo-SEAT-Ibiza-Skoda-Fabia-Audi-A2-/400527968022
  19. bald_eagle

Question on replacing Balljoint

mine were a bit rusty for sure ,came off ok after a soaking with penetrating fluid though. dont see why you cant just pop them out once you have separated the balljoint from the wishbone.
  20. bald_eagle

Noisy dash rattle

no problem,probably a different rattle as ibizas have many but worth a try.