Search results

1. danmay

FR TDI turbo squeal!

literally just out! I think its something to do with the EGR valve from reading other things!
  2. danmay

FR TDI turbo squeal!

my FR TDI 08 plate has developed an annoying noise... Basically in any gear when it hits 1500 revs exactly it starts to do a strange squealing noise, the best way i can describe it is like when you put a dodgy cd in a cd player and it does that whirring squeally kinda noise! It doesn't...
  3. danmay

Bonnet bra fail

had one on the yellow car and it faded the paint underneath, needed a respray but sold it in the end before i got anything fixed! looked awesome but messed the bonnet up no end
  4. danmay

Modified air box

drill the airbox on the bottom, the pipe, everything! it'll affect your top speed but it'll sound lovely, did it on mine!
  5. danmay

danmay's MK4 FR TDI

haha yeah i'm alive! Cheers scott! i think i like the epic amount of silver, i am tempted to get the comps mirror polished though i must admit, that would be pimp! tried to get the tints off with some white spirit and t cut etc, got some of it off then gave up a little bit, they look much...
  6. danmay

My Sexy MK4 Sleeper...{SCN's highest BHP 1.2 12v} Now For sale, pics page 17

i think it's a bit low to be fair....i got £2400 part ex for my old yellow one a year ago, with more miles and things wrong with it! i'd think 2k easy dude
  7. danmay

My Sexy MK4 Sleeper...{SCN's highest BHP 1.2 12v} Now For sale, pics page 17

ahhh man! the left nut is gone! just as i return too, you've planned this!
  8. danmay

danmay's MK4 FR TDI

thanks for the comments peeps, parking sensors are factory yeah, the wheels look better in person than on the pic, suit the car well and a bit different from the standard FR ones!
  9. danmay

Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

yeah i had the mini, awful car, got an 08 FR TDI now!
  10. danmay

Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

car is looking ace aimez, changed loads in the past year! i sprayed my headliner in the yellow peril, took so, so many coats of black paint, was worth it in the end though....just febreze it as you go or you'll be high as a kite from the fumes, fail! orange wheels will look awesome
  11. danmay

danmay's MK4 FR TDI

well i'm back! after a year of the pain that was MINI ownership and a month of searching for a replacement, i'm back in the MK4 fold but with an FR TDI instead of a 1.2....and i love it :happy: This specimen only has 28,00 miles from new, 08 reg and has already had a damn good basis of...
  12. danmay

16" or 17"?

just do a search and look through Readers rides, loads of stuff already been covered on this subject
  13. danmay

16" or 17"?

17's, subtler the better
  14. danmay

Changing stereo but keeping steering wheel controls

awesome, cheers dude!
  15. danmay

Changing stereo but keeping steering wheel controls

i know i'm gonna get shot down for this, but i can't find anything by search as i'm not sure of the terminology i need to use! Want to change my crappy alana headunit for my JVC one i had in the previous 2 cars, but the leads i have would render the steering wheel controls unusable, and now...
  16. danmay

Hard choice to make...FR petrol or diesel....

won't get more than 400 from a 1.2 tank regardless of how you drive it, tried and tested FACT. The big wheels don't help! although 17's are damned good an the ibiza
  17. danmay

i had a 1.2 for 4 years, loved that little thing! TDI is only insurance group 8, got my 08 with 28k miles and all the mods for 7k, not that expensive really when you look at what else is about, and the cheap insurance is a bonus at 23!
  18. danmay

TDI, all the way, i love mine, only sound like a tractor on idle, when driving you don' notice! 60+mpg i've averaged since i picked it up, and it's still quick as fook, diesel!
  19. danmay

i'm back! maybe.....was this anyone's car?

Cooper is gone, pick up the FR on saturday!
  20. danmay

SEATCupra.net 10 years old

this forum has been such a massive part of my car owning life, i've even come back to SEAT with another ibiza i pick up on saturday! such a helpful and useful place, and who can forget the edition38 party every year, i was on the stand that won 3 years back and it was awesome! I love you...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.