Search results

1. kris_tdi

May 2010 Leon FR TDi - Rear parking sensors

Good for you, tbh why do you need auto headlights, why do you need auto wipers, why do you need cruise control, why do you need folding mirrors. Because you can!!! I park on a busy street where gaps are small, rear window is tinted and at night you can't see anything out it. Leon is the first...
  2. kris_tdi

May 2010 Leon FR TDi - Rear parking sensors

i had to get the convience pack to get parking sensors, mine was built in feb 2010.
  3. kris_tdi

Best option for Leon FR CR. Remap or chip?

TBH mine does this and its standard so i wouldnt worry, mind u im not convinced with the standard Pirellis.
  4. kris_tdi

Who is picking up a new car on 01.03.10 and what is it

White Leon FR CR TDI, convience pack and 18" Orion Black alloys. Going to see it 2moro, woop woop
  5. kris_tdi

2009 Mk2 Leon facelift.

Just ordered mine 2.0 tdi fr candy white 18" orion wheels in black convenience pack Cant wait, not expected till march though, doh
  6. kris_tdi

Loud Vibrating Noise from engine bay

one thing to watch out for with using cable ties is not to pull on the pipe too much. i obvously did the ties up to tight on mine, eventually i ended up buying a new rubber boost hose as it had worn by not being seated correctly on the intercooler due to cable tieing the boost pipe to the fuel...
  7. kris_tdi

Advice needed on knocking from front suspension (mk4 fr tdi)

knocking noise could be the top mounts for the front suspension. They have bearings inside and are prone to failure.
  8. kris_tdi

Autolock problem, please help

Hi Guys, im having an intermittant problem with the lock on my passengers door. It locks fine off the key or remote locking, however the autolock when you reach 10mph or whatever its set too it locks and unlocks randomly as you go above and below this speed. Is there a relay or interface which...
  9. kris_tdi

Wheelspin ?

used to get no traction in first 2 gears in the dry, however fitting coilovers made a huge difference, still spins in first but nowhere near as much as it did before, i can actually use that gear to pull off now, and not atall in second. in the wet is a different story. Thats on a remapped 130...
  10. kris_tdi

Thoughts on black alloys on a grey Ibiza?

Mine with Wheels same colour as the car (they are a bit dirty, the back is a spare one so ignore that)
  11. kris_tdi

my mates 130 ibiza

my Ibiza 130 was rolling roaded at 186 bhp bro's golf 150 at 191 bhp, both at the same place, so a good comparison. Golf is definately quicker though, it delivers the power over a much wider power band than the 130, esspecially at higher speeds, this is my opinion from my own experiences of...
  12. kris_tdi

my mates 130 ibiza

as for quicker than a LCR, im sorry but i dont believe that, a mapped 150 golf is slightly slower than a standard 225 s3, the LCR is quicker than an S3 once its moving as it doesnt have that heavy 4wd to drag around.
  13. kris_tdi

my mates 130 ibiza

Just my point of view, My bro has a mapped golf 150 tdi, i have a mapped ibiza 130 tdi, both were done at the same place and produced results not a million miles apart. However although the golf is heavier its definately quicker, mainly due to the 130s spool up so quick they cant put the...
  14. kris_tdi

My turbo pipe came off!!

ill dig it out when i get home :-)
  15. kris_tdi

how much is your mk4 costing to run???!!!

to be fair the ibiza has a really small fuel tank, my girlfriend can stick more value of petrol in her 1.2 8v corsa than i can get in my tdi ibiza. typically get 340 miles to a tank from my mapped 130 tdi. most of which is town driving. trip computer avereage is about 42 mpg. on a run it...
  16. kris_tdi

My turbo pipe came off!!

This happened to mine about 6 weeks ago, bought a new one from seat, think it was about £29. I think it happened on mine as i had the vibrating turbo boost hose so i cable tied it to stop it rattling, 6 months later the pipe blew off. mind you i get no more vibrating since a changed the pipe...
  17. kris_tdi

130 injectors

and a 6 speed box
  18. kris_tdi

What are your rolling road results

tdi 130 b4 remap with panel filter and cupra intake = 149 bhp 230 ib/ft after remap = 186 bhp 268ib/ft according to red dot racing. now to be honest i dont know how accurate that is, all i know is that its a hell of a lot quicker than b4, so im happy.
  19. kris_tdi

cambelt replacment kit

oh in which case thats silly money, i paid about £28 quid for mine (made by Gates).
  20. kris_tdi

cambelt replacment kit

£104 quid to change it is a bargin!!!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.