Search results

1. Power Steering Pump Issues

My mum has a 54 plate 1.2 SX Ibiza (Petrol) which has barely done 30k. She rarely does long journey's as she lives in a small village which pretty much has everything around her she needs. Recently she went out for a drive and a warning light came up on the dash for the power steering. I...
  2. New colour combination

Thanks to the other half reversing off our drive and catching the driver wing mirror on our gate post i've been waiting to get the replacement cover sprayed up for quite some time. I bought a replacement with the intention of getting it sprayed with a couple other bits but now can't find it...
  3. Cupra R Side Skirts on a Cupra?

I bought a set of Cupra R side skirts some months back and i've just started spraying them, i've noticed there is a screw either end that attaches them in the wheel are but there is nowhere along the sills to screw them too. Whats the best way too fit these?
  4. Chrome Teardrop Mirrors

Hi guys, I've been trying to decide on what mirrors i want on my Cupra (2002) and someone has just suggested the chrome teardrop mirrors from the Cupra R. How much would i be able to get a pair for, electric folding, not bothered if they are used?
  5. Sun Visor Removal - Help Needed

Hi guys, i'm in the process of trimming all my pillars and will also be doing my roof lining however i can't seem to figure out how to remove the hook for the sun visor's. There is no sign of a screw and it's the only thing left holding my roof lining up!! :happy: Any ideas?
  6. How do I remove the Roof Liner?

Hi guys, i'm trimming my roof liner, pillars and doors in the next few weeks, can you advise me how i take the roof liner off safely? And am i right in presuming the pillars just clip off?
  7. How to stick Centre Caps in place?

When i had my alloys powder coated when i first bought them i obviously had to remove the centre caps, which are a thin metal with a thin layer of sticky foam on the back, which is not really as sticky any more. I want to put them back on as i've been using cheap porker ones in the meantime...
  8. Choice of Brake Discs & Pads - Need Advice

I was intending to upgrade my calipers with porker calipers before i had to replace all my discs and pads however money has been tight, and i now need to pay out for a full set, so i'll effectively be paying twice when it comes round to the upgrade :headhurt: I was looking at Black Diamond...
  9. Brake Light Failing

My driver side brake light has been really intermittant of late, have changed the bulb three times, but it's now not worked for over two weeks. I've tried giving it a bash, which worked on occassion, but not this time. Are they known for wiring faults? What can i do about this? I can't afford...
  10. Engine Management Light Staying On

Hi guys, i have a 2002 Leon Cupra, done 81k, yesterday when i was leaving work, i started the car up and the EM light came one and has stayed on ever since. As usual the owners manual is unhelpful, according to that all the light means is Diagnostic/Excessive Pollution :confused: The car...
  11. Lack Of Horniness!!!

Lol Er, my hoon seems to have been a little "intermittant" since last year, and has now stopped working, only thing is, it works when i arm/disarm my alarm?? Are there two horns?? If not, would i be correct in presuming there is a dodgy connection behind the steering wheel? If this is the...
  12. Where can i buy exhaust pipe reducer?

My other half has bought me a Blueflame backbox but the pipework is 3" and i have a standard system which im presuming is 2" (Leon Cupra) Is there any place online that sells good quality stainless steel reducers?
  13. Will These Mirrors Fit

I absolutely hate the shape of my mirrors, too long and square looking so i'm after the shorter version like what i've seen on some Arosa's, Polo's etc Would they fit??
  14. Inner Metal Door Skin - Help removing needed

I need to get access to the back of my door locking mechanism as a plate has fallen out which lets my barrel slide in and out, i need to get the plate back in place. How the hell do you take the metal door skin off as it seems the window runners are attached? If you have pics it would be...
  15. Any benefits from S3 Throttle body?

Hi guys, i've got a 2002 1.8 20V Leon Cupra 180bhp, would an Audi S3 throttle body give any benefit at all?
  16. Help Needed Re Central Locking

I CANT LOCK MY CAR!! When i left work today i pressed unlock once and driver side unlocked as normal but needed passenger side so pressed again but nothing worked. I now cant lock or unlock any doors with the key, but i can when inside the car using the button on the door. Problem is...
  17. 1.2SX Overheating Problem

My mum has a 54 plate 1.2 SX that in the past few months has been overheating badly, temp gauge going over 110, water going down very quickly. I don't get to see her very often as she lives an hour or so away so the last time i looked at it when it had cooled right off, i sat with the car...
  18. New Addition Forge Split-R

I've took delivery of a spankingly gorgeous new Forge black Split R BOV/Recirc valve in replacement to the Recirc valve i had which started to leak, with much thanks to Pete who as always is a star :worship: Just wondered, how many notches people are seeing best results at? I have the...
  19. Front Speaker Size Query

I've done searches on here for definate answers but i'm unsure what size my front speakers are as i am wanting to replace them for a set of JL Audio components. I've read that a spacer and speaker wire convertor would be needed also, can someone please kindly clarify :confused: :D
  20. Acceleration Fluctuating Problem

This problem has been going on for a while now, i've wasted 3 days pay with Seat previously sorting it and it going wrong again and i can't afford to take it back to them again [:@] The car idles fine, but when in first gear, picking up normal speed, and between 2-3000 revs, the revs drop off...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.