Search results

1. flappy

Door Open Sensor

Thanks Slimy, much appreciated!
  2. flappy

Door Open Sensor

My mums Leon seems to have a door locking issue. She first came to me saying the car alarm was going off after 20 seconds of unlocking the car. After a little investigation it seems to be that the drivers door isn't registering as being open. A scan with VCDS confirms that the switch has...
  3. flappy

Got 200bhp 325lb ft,FR TDI,want to try get it up to 230ish,,help????

Also what is your budget as it really starts to get expensive from here!
  4. flappy

Got 200bhp 325lb ft,FR TDI,want to try get it up to 230ish,,help????

Have you replaced the clutch and DMF at the same time? These will be the limiting factors after a remap.
  5. flappy

Leon Badge Position

Yeah, I will ensure it is set centrally on the horizontal, but I need to know how far up the boot lid to place it.
  6. flappy

Leon Badge Position

Hi guys, can you please tell me how high up from the bottom of the boot the central L E O N badge is? I can find the spaces between the letters but not its height. Thanks
  7. flappy

Iphone - REV app

Can you change any of the vehicles coding? Reason I ask, is I would love to be able to turn on and off my remap using my Iphone!
  8. flappy

v power vs ordinary(supermarket) unleaded

Good read! Marketing does play a large part in peoples opitions. It is nice to see some independant testing :D
  9. flappy

Binding Brakes After Bleed

Hi Willie, I went for a bit of a longer test and had to pull over as the brakes were binding more and more as they heated up. By the time I stopped they were well over 100 degress as a spash of water confirmed. A couple of days later I re-bled the ABS pump, although this time for longer and when...
  10. flappy

Remap 130-170 Clutch help!!

I had the same issue with my Leon, and if it's doing it in 4th, 5th and 6th will give the same problems, which I found difficult when overtaking on the motorway. I resorted to changing the clutch to a stg 1 sachs job (set me back about £450 at the time) managed to fit it in 1 weekend, but...
  11. flappy

Well, I pressure bled the system and re-bled the ABS pump but still have binding brakes, so I think the seals in the master cylinder may have folded. I have now bought a new master cylinder, has anyone had any experience fitting these? To bench bleed them do you just need two small lines to loop...
  12. flappy

Seat leon tdi sport black btcc styling

Looking like a good project, how long do you think it will take you to repair?
  13. flappy

The BKR Returns (GT30 in progress :S)

Sweet, looking good Tom. New turbo on the way?
  14. flappy

On Friday I fitted some new front pads and discs on my 05 plate FR, after which I proceeded to bleed the brakes in an Eezibleed. The seal on the Eezibleed wasn't too good, so I decided to do it the two person way, thoroughly bleeding the master cylinder (from both nipples) followed by the ABS...
  15. flappy

Vacuum brake bleeder

I tried bleeding my brakes on my FR earlier with an Eezibleed, and it was terrible. The seal on the bottle wouldn't seal well, and now I have spongy brakes. Will attack it in the morning the old fashion way and with Vag Com for the ABS pump
  16. flappy

PD150 Turbo?

You looking for second hand or new?
  17. flappy

Turbo Replacement

Surely there must be a few of you out there who have replaced blown turbo's on these?
  18. flappy

Turbo Replacement

I'm looking at buying a Mk4 ibiza Cupra Tdi with a blown turbo. I was wondering if anyone had come across any other damage or problems when replacing the turbos on the Tdi Ibiza's? Worst case I would have through the impeller blades may have tried to make an exit through the exhaust?
  19. flappy

m0rk's 1990 Eunos Roadster

I had my first ride in an Eunos last weekend, and have fallen in love. Looking at buying one as a 2nd car in the next few weeks. Which insurance broker did you got through if you don't mind me asking?
  20. flappy

Mk1 LCR short-listed on the poll for Autocar's best hot hatch ever!!

Totally agree, fantastic car and sooo much fun to drive.I love the small details like the thinner glass in the windows!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.