Search results

1. DAN M

Roof bars for XL

I've just put mine up for sale on a certain auction website. Don't want to put a link as I might be breaking forum rules.
  2. DAN M

2-year/20k service

Just had my 20k service - £195 including brake fluid change at David Cook Motors in Oldham. Seemed reasonable to me for a main dealer. They only charge £99 for the minor services.
  3. DAN M

Seat supplied TomTom710 Problems

When I first put my TomTom in the Altea the volume was really low, in the audio setup on the stereo you can adjust the phone volume, this worked for me.
  4. DAN M

Low MPG

Yep, same with me. Only really get 41mpg, with 10k+ miles on the clock. I put this down to stop /start town driving and having the extra weight of an XL. I have seen 45+ but only on longer runs.
  5. DAN M

1.9 or 2.0?

Wish my mpg was as good as my posts on this thread. Sorry, bloody interweb thingy
  6. DAN M

1.9 or 2.0?

Mine's a 1.9. Town/stop/start driving seems to give only 38-39mpg. Any long distance driving on mine gives about 45mpg. Don't know if I have a lead foot or its the extra weight of the XL. Then again its only done 8k miles (still nothing for a diesel)
  7. DAN M

Servicing Costs

I see David Cook are advertising £99 on servicing for all SEAT's (probably not 20k, 40k service). I hope this is still an offer in May, when my Altea needs its first service.
  8. DAN M

Close to buying an Altea XL......

I paid £12300 for a pre-reg 1.9XL. Try Westgate SEAT, they seem to do some good deals on pre-reg. Myself I chose the 1.9 rather than a 2.0. I have a friend with a 2.0 Passat, he gets 40mpg best, I get around 45mpg. Also saving a couple of grand appeals to me.
  9. DAN M

MPG Question

I'm getting 450 miles out of mine. But its a newish engine (less than 2000 miles). Hopefully get 500 when its run in.
  10. DAN M

XL Mats

Does anyone know if the XL has different carpet mats to the normal Altea? I've had a quick look in the car and cannot see the round attachment type things that the original Altea mats clip onto.
  11. DAN M

Altea XL - First Impressions

Might as well give my trip report, as I spent this weekend doing just over 300 miles in my 5 week old XL1.9Stylance. It's my first car with cruise, so I wanted to try it out this weekend. I went for a 1.9 mainly because of economy. The trip computer stated an average of 44mpg. Thank God, its...
  12. DAN M

Thinking of buying Altea XL 2.0tdi

I have a XL 1.9. Bought it as a pre reg with only 7 miles on the clock. I find it a nice drive. It may be worth looking around as my local dealer had a demonstrator but it was £3000 more than the pre reg (OK it was a 2.0, but same spec). I bought the 1.9 over the 2.0 as i don't think i would get...
  13. DAN M

TomTom troubles....

Just been in the car - to setup my wife's phone on the TomTom. I noticed that this time the instructions seemed louder and every instruction came through the sound system. Maybe its down to the phone??? Did you get a SEAT instruction manual for the TomTom. I have an original TomTom manual...
  14. DAN M

TomTom troubles....

I've just bought an Altea XL, and had the TomTom mount installed (already had a 710). Mine also seems to be erratic. Sometimes the sound goes through the speakers (but this is really quiet), the dash displays phone when this happens. Other times no instructions come through??? Works fine in my...
  15. DAN M

de-swirling by PC

Wow, just looked at your website FinerDetails. Didn't know what a detailer was until then. My car seems to have some nasty swirls caused by an overeager Karscher brush on one silly occasion. Would you mind PM'ing me with some details of costs and details as i would not mind the paintwork...
  16. DAN M

How do people Afford??

Do you have a job on the side then Dave?????????? - (in joke) ;)
  17. DAN M

bump!!!!!

cheers everyone checked with the supermarket for cctv, they will only issue these details to the police (slim chance of the bump being on the tape - according to the manager). After a 25 minute wait to speak to the local police - they will need me to go down to the station within 24hours of the...
  18. DAN M

bump!!!!!

Bloody Christmas Shoppers Front headlight smashed, bumper bent and bonnet dented. Didn't notice until i went to put in petrol (guilty person didn't leave any contact details). Insurance excess is £325. Does anyone think it might be less to fix this at my own expense. Wrong time of year to...
  19. DAN M

Leon Swap

Had a look around 2 dealers today (one a Skoda), both said £7k was about the trade in for an Ibiza FR and a Fabia Vrs. Not really wanting to pay out thousands at the mo. Thought i would be looking at £8k and see something for not much more, but to no avail
  20. DAN M

Leon Swap

Currently have a late 2002 Leon Cupra (MY03) in Platinum. Starting to think about maybe getting hold of a ibiza diesel (130). But don't want to start paying anything out, as i have only just paid off the Leon. What would my Leon with 45k miles (not bad condition, but odd scratch and kerbed...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members