Search results

1. gex18

Knocking noise from passenger front wheel.

This problem is still unresolved, although as before it doesn't seem to be any worse when cornering, and seems to occur more when that wheel drops as opposed to compresses, after taking the wheel off and having a look for anything obvious being loose I can't find or see anything that would cause...
  2. gex18

Cheers for the replies, not had chance to check it out yet. What are the obvious signs of faulty droplinks / wishbone bushes?
  3. gex18

This problem only started the other day, the noise seems to be a knocking noise and also the general noise from that are seems more 'pronounced'. It doesn't occur under hard braking or acceleration, nor does it occur anymore frequently when turning right (so load is on that corner) - it does...
  4. gex18

Possible Turbo - Exhaust manifold issues?

It turns out it was the Exhaust Manifold - Turbo gasket, which had a big chunk out of it So I ordered 3 new bolts and a new gasket and they were fitted by a forum member. No more whistling, no more fluttering, and spool up is much more punchy :).
  5. gex18

Well just to update - DP - Turbo bolts / gasket / washers look fine and DP - midsection looks fine.... However..... the exhaust - turbo bolts were not even hand tight, these have been secured thanks to a forum member, however even though its a little less audible now the problem is still...
  6. gex18

Cheers mate, I will take it back to the place tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted.
  7. gex18

Had the blueflame downpipe / 200 cell sports cat fitted to my car the other day and for a few days it has been fine .... however after a rather spirited drive last night it seems to be blowing really quite badly and theres an obvious fluttering noise when on boost / load (boost figures and...
  8. gex18

Pillar Mounting Pods for guages

Nomad :
  9. gex18

It's Begun - Project Jelly Bean

Awful TBH.
  10. gex18

2004 Seat Ibiza Cupra (HIDs fitted 16/06/10)

A couple of quick shots of the HIDs (6000k bulbs) :
  11. gex18

Cheers. A quick snap of the resprayed rear badge : Old standard rear engine mount : New Super-pro rear engine mount :
  12. gex18

A few minor updates : - Front cracked lower grille replaced - Super Pro Lower engine mount (rear bush) replaced the shabby standard part - 6000k HIDs fitted - Rear Seat badge sprayed anthracite Hopefully a few more major updates coming over the next few months, such as blueflame...
  13. gex18

Is my Cupra actually an FR?

Also a Cupra with a similar wiper assembly to mine :
  14. gex18

A quick search on google images reveals that both the FR and Cupra had a similar wiper, both of which are different to mine :lol:. However a friend of a friend has a 2007 Cupra TDI and his has the same rear wiper assembly as mine....
  15. gex18

Yes they seem to be (from memory), why do you ask?
  16. gex18

Literally just looked at that and replied mate, heres to hoping that answers the question! Now to treat it to a blueflame downpipe and a rotary polisher I think:D
  17. gex18

Yeah it does, all the stamps / stickers etc. Also from a bit of research it seems the Cupra has the BBU engine code while the FR had the BJX engine code - and mines BBU :)
  18. gex18

Yes, the RR was dissapointing as it only made 190 - 192 bhp (Revo stage 1), however since then we have done some vagcom logs and all the logs seem to now indicate its making near its Revo claimed figure, fuelling seems spot on, Airflow figures and boost figures seem spot on, it just didnt quite...
  19. gex18

Ive just done one, it comes back as a Cupra T 1.8 Its just worrying is all :(
  20. gex18

Yeah headlining and seats / handbrake / vents etc are all Cupra ones, as are the dials - but as said these can all be replaced? Is the engine code different on a Cupra to an FR then? Also as said its insured through Adrian Flux as a Cupra 180T, after they searched for the reg plate so thats...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.