Search results

1. healy6660

feel like a newbie

Sorry guys. Would have got back sooner but work is heavy with year end and all. It's a metallic black Ibiza 1.0 SE Tech 95. Mainly because it was on stock at the dealer and the price was right. Chuffed to bits with it just miss the punch of the 1.9 tdi.
  2. healy6660

engine problems

oil leak Sorry I never got back to let you know how I got on. The base of the oil filter was leaking, tightened it up, result. Unfortunately I had a terminal turbo failure 2 weeks ago so the old girl has now gone off to be broken for parts. Stayed with the brand tho, a brand new Ibiza sitting...
  3. healy6660

feel like a newbie

Well I suppose I should introduce myself to this part of the foorum. I'm Mark and I'm a Seat owner. Been on another part of the forum (Toledo mk2) for over 10 years but having killed off the car after 12 years and 160k miles I've treat myself to a new 1.0 SE Technology in metalic black. Hope to...
  4. healy6660

Gearbox ID

So it appears I haven't blown a turbo, but I have bust the gearbox in my Toledo. How easy is it to identify the existing box so I can search for another 2004 Toledo 5 speed manual with the engine code ASV
  5. healy6660

engine problems

Currently got a 2004 Toledo ASV engine leaking oil all over my drive. Not sure where the oilis coming from but it doesn't sound healthy at all. Being in the middle of nowhere means getting replacement parts works out expensive and time consuming but our local breakers yard has a golf tdi with an...
  6. healy6660

Wet Boot floor

cheers bildo unfortunately it's a Toledo so doesn't have a rear wash wipe, mores the pity think it's getting in round the lamp cluster, just wondered if anyone had come across it before that's all
  7. healy6660

Wet Boot floor

Hi guys Just gone to lift my golf clubs out of the boot of my 04 tolly se to find my golf bag P*ss wet thru, and water in the boot mounted light cluster on the drivers side Does anyone have any idea how its getting into either place any help is appreciated
  8. healy6660

timing belt and water pump costs

had mine done 2 years ago and it cost me £95 for the belt and tensioner change not sure about the pump tho pump can cost between £25 and £45 from euro car parts and another £40 in labour depending on your garage
  9. healy6660

cracked sump write off

All I can say is Pish Roads round here are awful at the moment Put a claim in against Cumbria County Council for the damage just had a broken wheel bearing put in by them (or at their cost anyway) They are well known for not checking/clearing the roads locally, especially if it is somewhere out...
  10. healy6660

Voltage leak driving me insane. Any ideas?

does it have the accessory socket in the boot sometimes condensation behind the soft panel in there can short it out and boy can that flatten a battery left our coolbox plugged in once (prat!!!) and that killed everything and it was only about 6 hours
  11. healy6660

electric windows

sounds like a broken wire in the bundle that runs from the door to the bodywork (usually inside the crinkly rubber tube inside the door shut area) or possibly the up connection in the switch take the door card off and check the connector on the switch hasn't come off then you need to start...
  12. healy6660

tdi pd or non pd engine

Is it as easy as that Jase always handy to know for future use
  13. healy6660

Whine/Screech when pulling away

It could well be the release bearing in the early stages or the clutch plate just starting to go once they warm up the heat generated quietens them down I also have a 1.9 Tdi SE and have a whining sound pulling away from rest, but it is just SWMBO complaining she isn't going to fund new tyres...
  14. healy6660

Mile crunching Tyres???

just changed one of the rear Avon ZZ1's on the back of the tolly 31K and still legal unfortunately the bloody big nail isn't standard, but the other side still has 2.5 mil left and tons of grip wet or dry(right thru the shoulder or I would have had it repaired) they are directional so watch the...
  15. healy6660

Removing my 6 cd changer

why take it out? does it not work or is the start of an upgrade?
  16. healy6660

smelly air con

you can buy deodouriser for aircon systems, in a can, from most decent car accessory shops see http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Air_Con_Service_Products.html for ideas
  17. healy6660

bonnet bra

you just know why its called a bra don't you? you would have to be a right t*t to part with 65 notes for that WTF? has to be an american invention for taking money from gullible people
  18. healy6660

Wing mirrors....

thats why so many of us can't get the dip mirror with reverse thing my car(and Dai's as well, I think) don't have memory seats I think only the V5 had these as standard
  19. healy6660

Price of diesel

Passed a garage at Holmrook in Cumbria on sunday, greedy sod is charging 128.9 for Texaco Only garage for 20 miles on the a595 coast road so he has the locals by the bits
  20. healy6660

Airbag Problem

the insert/holder/bracket for the 6 disk is like a sleeve that fits into the left hand side of the glovebox well away from the airbag switch (it is usually nearest the driver when you open the glovebox) I have a 2004 irish import 1.9SE which has the insert but no changer, makes the glovebox...