Search results

1. caliper bolts?

yeah, im going to soak them for a couple of days. fingers crossed it does the trick, usually works.
  2. caliper bolts?

ive changed discs and pads on various cars plenty times, amongst many other things, just not for the last 2-3 years and something in the back of my head is telling me they are reverse thread? i could be talking bull tho.. i know they SHOULD turned anti clockwise ... ?
  3. caliper bolts?

daft daft question i know.. but which way do you need to turn the caliper bolts to slacken them? ive tryed searching but cant find an answer. i am changing discs and pads on a mk4 tdi sport and the bolts wont shift! they are rusted on... so i am worried maybe they are a reverse thread or...
  4. workshop repair diagram (clutch pedal)

you have a pm mate, thanks
  5. workshop repair diagram (clutch pedal)

might be some help? cheers
  6. workshop repair diagram (clutch pedal)

hey lads, i was wondering if anyone has a pdf or something of the workshop manual they have at the dealers of the clutch pedal and anchilarys, in particular the barsteward spring, i need to see where exactly it goes, and if there is any parts i am missing. i cant see anythnh in the faq for...
  7. Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

cani confirm something please, am i right in thinking that the spring sits between a grove and a pokey out bit on the pedal? and there is nothing lese holding it in place.. im at my wits end with this, took it to a mechanic who thinks there is a part missing from it, i said i dont think there...
  8. anyone know this Red Cupra...

how longs it been up for sale for? i seen it on PH about a month or so ago.. might not have sold since i seen it tho, my cupra is on PH black £3600
  9. wrong coilpacks or something else? please help

changed the spark plugs tonight....... drum roll..... and jobs a good un! thanks again for all the advice, cupras now running sweet
  10. wrong coilpacks or something else? please help

does anyone know what the spark plug gap should be?
  11. wrong coilpacks or something else? please help

very true, i normaly change spark plugs on a yearly basis on all my cars, but for whatever reason ive not done it on the coop, i will get some new spark plugs and report back.. thanks for the help guys!
  12. wrong coilpacks or something else? please help

to be honest ive had it 2 years and ive never changed the spark plugs, probably worth changing as who knows how long they have been in there would it idle and drive normal with a dodgey spark plug tho? by normal i mean driving conservatively is there anthing else it could be?
  13. wrong coilpacks or something else? please help

just noticed i also got code 16685, cylinder 1 misfire, dont know if it makes any difference?
  14. wrong coilpacks or something else? please help

i dont think so, its these ones ( at the top) http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecommerce/Search_Results.asp they were like brau or something like that,,,
  15. wrong coilpacks or something else? please help

ive read with intrest people having boosting issues over the last couple of days, i thought i had the same problem, a faulty n75. but im not sure, what do you think? Senario: last week, engine sounds poorly, vagcom says 16684, i realise this is coilpacks... as im changing the coil packs (all...
  16. Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

does anyone have a pic if the spring in place? i cant work out how or where is goes! even a sketch or something. thanks
  17. Boosting Issues

thanks mate, where are you ordering from? can you post a link, cheers again
  18. any way of checking map on VAGCOM?

no, no boost gauge.. can you measure blocks with freebie vagcom? and how?
  19. Removing steering wheel

think you stick a thin flat end screwdriver down the 2 holes on the back of the wheel and jig about, you should feel a clip, just unclip both ends which will allow you to remove the steering wheel cover,i think its self explanatory from there on...
  20. any way of checking map on VAGCOM?

hi, i have the shareware version of VAGCOM, which i have found very handy for finding ad clearing codes. i was wondering if anyone knew if you could findout which remap the car has using vagcom shareware? the reason i ask is that i have no proof it has been remapped, only the word of the...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members