Search results

1. GlanzaV

Friend Buying MY16 Ibiza 1.2tsi (looking for history on specific car)

Hi, My friend is looking at a car for sale in the East Midlands (FX16 ZVK) It's a long drive and she's a bit worried because the guys don't have much information on it (they say they got it from auction and don't have previous owner info or service history etc). It also has a REVO badge on the...
  2. GlanzaV

CBAB 2.0tdi 140CR (P0299-000)

Hello, Looking for some advice from those with any experience. This is actually my 2010 B6 Passat - but it's the common 140CR DPF engine. Coming home today the car first started feeling a bit sluggish, the boost didn't seem to be coming in until after 2500-2750rpm then suddenly (probably 5th...
  3. GlanzaV

Service Parts (Pollen Filter)

Hi Guys, Just doing a mid-year service... (before I take it to the stealers for a stamp in a few months) Anyway, not changed the air/cabin filters in the 2years I've had the car so going to do it this time around. Air filter seems fine (getting Bosche from ECP), but when looking at the...
  4. GlanzaV

Mk2 Leon MPG (yawn :D)

Hello, Since I bought my car 2 years ago (and due to the milage I do) I've always kept a log of my range/fill-ups etc... pretty boring, but thought I'd share... The big dip does seem to have coincided with the stuttering I'm getting from my EGR... so think I'll sort that soon. It does...
  5. GlanzaV

312mm Disc Change (quick answer needed)

Hey, Just changing my front discs. Does the calliper carrier need to come off to change the disc. Can't seem to get it off (not sure if it's just corrosion making it seem impossible!) Quick responses welcomed! Sitting on the drive...
  6. GlanzaV

Workshop Manual / Diagrams? [EGR / PD170 / BMN]

Hello, Looking to take my EGR valve off sometime soon and give it a thorough cleaning - Was wondering if anyone had or could link to the the workshop manual for remove / replace of the EGR valve on a MY2008 Leon FR PD170 (BMN IIRC?) (diagrams/pictures etc :D) Looking to know in advance...
  7. GlanzaV

Definitive Answer: LED Brake Bubs

Hi, I've done the usual search but read a few threads with contradictory answers. One of my brake bulbs is out. I've had about 3/4 bulbs go in the last 18months so was thinking LEDs might be slightly more "durable" than filament bulbs. Now my understanding (which again seems to differ...
  8. GlanzaV

Tyre profile (18")

Hello, Due new front tyres for the Leon (PD170 FR) Now it's had the tyres on it since I bought the car 10 months ago, and just reading the specs on the current tyre wall I started looking for 225/45R18 Then out of chance I just happened to put my registration into blackcircles.com and...
  9. GlanzaV

Fumes in Cabin (visible)

Hello, I picked my 08 Leon FR PD170 up last Friday. A couple of times driving it I noticed an exhaust fume type smell coming through the vents. This morning I noticed it again - I had driven about 10miles but this time it was stronger than usual. I was in traffic virtually stopped on the...
  10. GlanzaV

Buying 2nd Hand (SDxxTXE) Previous owner on here?

Hello, I've put a deposit down on a Diesel FR at an independent garage. I was wondering if perhaps any of the previous owners are on here. Would maybe like to ask a couple questions about the history of the car before going ahead and buying if possible (long shot but worth a chance) The...
  11. GlanzaV

Plastic Boot Fascia removal (how?)

Hello, a while back my boot solenoid failed and the boots been locked shut. I managed to squeeze in and open the solenoid manually so I've got the hatch open now! Huzzah! I had a very similar thing happen in my Mk3 Ibiza Cupra (except it wouldn't lock). I even did a how to (see here) on...
  12. GlanzaV

Brake Light Switch (not the usual)

Hi guys, Long time since I've been on here since selling the LCR and really only running the ibiza as a workhorse to/from work, but hoping you can help! I got the usual coilplug light flashing on my dash this morning (indicating no brake lights) and they definitely aren't working. However...
  13. GlanzaV

Autosmart Products (?)

Hi, quick question, hoping some of you guru's can advise? A guy at work is planning on doing a bit of a bulk buy from Autosmart. I've borrowed and used the Tardis tar remover before and liked it, but if I can get some new polishes/glazes/waxes at a good price I'd be interested. So...
  14. GlanzaV

DAS/DODO DA Polishers (Stock?)

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a DA polisher - Price-wise I'm looking at the DAS-6 or Dodo Buff Daddy (sure I read somewhere they were essentially the same anyway) Anyway - Why doesn't anywhere seem to have stock? Is this something that most places won't carry stock of? Are there other...
  15. GlanzaV

2.0 BKD Issues

Hi everyone, There's potential I may be doing a deal to get a 2007 Jetta 2.0TDi (140) Sport with 50'000miles. Which IIRC is the BKD engine. I've heard a few stories about the reliability of the 2.0TDi but is it as bad as the reading suggests? Porous cylinder heads, coolant loss, costly...
  16. GlanzaV

Rear Caliper Question

Hey, Looking for some information. I'm thinking of refurbing my rear calipers. It was getting fairly tight to return the piston using the wind-back tool when I recently replaced the pads. Not a concern now, but I'd like to pre-empt any future binding issues (and it'll give me the chance to make...
  17. GlanzaV

Brake Light Fuse Help

Hi All, I had a blown brake light bulb so replaced it yesterday morning. For a while it was fine but later in the afternoon the Glowplug light started flashing and yep, none of my brake lights were working. I am aware this is indicitive of the brake switch failing but thought it was a bit...
  18. GlanzaV

Exhaust Bracket Snapped (MOT?)

Was doing a wee self-pre-MOT inspection on the Ibiza the other day. Noticed there was a bracket snapped on the exhaust: Is this an MOT fail? I'm sure it can be welded for sake of the MOT. Then a good excuse for a new one afterwards :D Anyone know if it will affect the MOT? It's meant to be at...
  19. GlanzaV

GlanzaV - Mk1 LCR 210 (Return to new)

Hi all, Thought I'd start a thread for my Mk1 LCR (AMK 210) History: Bought the car last year locally after searching for a good example. I had origanally ben looking for a newer model 225, but all were higher milage or looked a bit shady! This one popped up, one lady owner, 36'00miles...
  20. GlanzaV

MOT Fail - Rear middle seatbelt mechanism

Hi, Just had my car in for an MOT (Failed!) They said the rear middle mechanism isn't retracting - they are right! It looks like it's jammed (locked) tightly squashing into the rear seat. I think it looks like it has happened when I've had the rear seats pushed forward. Is there any way...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise