Search results

1. Front end prices?

lol. well.... so far I have been quoted: Bumper - £185 Grille & Surround - £50 Headlamp - £82 Indicator - £22 All prices are plus VAT!!
  2. Front end prices?

hmm thats what I thought but then it is only on 60k and still running! I thought a bumper would be at least £100-£150 for vag spec one - not being funny but I don't want a cheap knock off one when I'm the victim!!
  3. Front end prices?

Hi all - had my car crashed into at the gym today - front bumper is smashed, grill surround broken, indicator cracked and possibly headlight needs to be replaced. I think the wing and bonnet are fine but need to check in the morning - just as a first impression before I start hunting round...
  4. A little help on price of a new Leon please!!

Yes this is the case - it will be registered to me - insurers are aware that I am the registered owner but not the main driver of the vehicle. :)
  5. A little help on price of a new Leon please!!

Thanks for the replies people - just a quickly The car being traded is in mine, but the girlfriend will be paying for it - therefore its mainly going to be her driving so tweaks and power increase are out of the question! The car is the S Emocion, not the planet friendly £17k Diesel...
  6. A little help on price of a new Leon please!!

Hi all, Am about to give the go ahead on a new leon with the scrappage scheme but want to make sure it is a good deal (appears to be I think!). We are looking at an S Emocion 105 1.9TDi @ £15150 minus £4140 for scrappage. Bluetooth pack is included free, metallic paint we are paying...
  7. Changing clutch cable - anyone done it?

Hahaha I wouldn't exactly say it was a piece of cake... nearly every one of my knuckles is grated from unhooking it from the box and having to remove the window motor is quite frankly ridiculous hehehe. I am moaning though, the job is straightforward, just extremely involving for changing a damn...
  8. Changing clutch cable - anyone done it?

nah GTi! Bit more engine in there to fight with than the 1.4 I guess hehe. From looking at the Haynes manual its still the same process whatever lump you got though, just depends on the gearbox as to how it connects up??
  9. Changing clutch cable - anyone done it?

cheers dude... the explanation at the end seems about right for changing a clutch, well, looks to be how I thought it would be, still unsure of the haynes description even after re-reading it!! Don't even know what half the stuff is in there that they refer to!
  10. Changing clutch cable - anyone done it?

I'm baffled, I had a look earlier and it appears to be the most complex thing ever to do on a car!! I got a new self adjuster from Seat, have changed loadsa cables before on various cars but I can't see where this damn thing goes! Out comes the trusty haynes manual, its talking of removing...
  11. How can i spit flames?

My old Polo GT used to do it quite often... although, that had a g40 manifold, VWM decat downpipe, no centre section, full custom stainless exhaust, ported and dewedged throttle body, golf GTi airflow meter, pipercross panel filter in 'modified box', remapped, Golf GTi ignition amp and coil, new...
  12. MK3 Cupra Back Box only?

I got one put on by a mates brother down at quick fit (tis a little too low to have angled the pipe over the rear beam on my drive, 2mm more down and it wouldn't have gone on or come off!!) This is on a 1996 late spec 2.0 8v agg. Went on fine, no troubles, needed the centre pipe though and...
  13. dashboard speakers?

Yeah shouldn't have ti take the dash apart... noway!! Besides, if you have an airbag... that suddenly becomes missions! Just pop the grille out (there may be a screw in at a funny angle holding the grille down - can't remember whether this is on my polo or the Ibiza). Then have a bash at the...
  14. Maf?

Mass Airflow Sensor or something like that... guess you are talking about something in the induction system no?
  15. HID FLickering Problems??

Just a pointer if anyone has any trouble with flickering HID's on dipped beam... there is a little yellow connector next to the battery. Disconnect it. Now only the sidelights will come on when lights are turned to dipped.. Has the same trouble when fitting a loom to my polo (but the mains...
  16. Cupra Exhaust (Pictures Please?!!!)

I can't see why you would need the mk3 Cupra Exhaust mounts? When the exhaust was on the floor, it carried the exact same brackets and mountings as the one that was ripped off! No banging anywhere yet, the only thing that could possibly cause a problem is the bumper being too close to the...
  17. Cupra Exhaust (Pictures Please?!!!)

Got it fitted last night. Bunged a mates brother £20 to shove it up on some ramps and do it for me as the angle of the rear beam was a problem with lowness. Went straight on. All brackets and rubbers included! Dunno what I was worried about! Now with a cable tie round the rear rubber...
  18. hids

Do you have the black or chrome angel eye things? Got a photo? Also wondering what fitment the bulbs are in there as well lol
  19. Simple Headlight Queries - H4/H7 etc

I meant 2 piece, as in, all the normal angel eye have indicators built in, whereas these ones have seperate indicators (but are a bit too pricey no If ound out indicators are on top and are about £35!)
  20. Cupra Exhaust (Pictures Please?!!!)

Hmmmm. I can't imagine mine is smaller than this one otherwise it's going to be stupendously loud (already loud and raspy for a standard exhaust). Guess I'll have to measure it on Saturday morning or Sunday with some string or something!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.