Search results

1. 1.8 20v non turbo exhaust

Nice one thanks! I'd probably just cut the bumper to fit the tailpipe if I got a turbo version :coolthumb
  2. 1.8 20v non turbo exhaust

Hi guys, Been away for quite a while but buying a cheap Leon 1.8 20v later as a run around. The car could do with a new exhaust and all I keep finding is systems to fit the 1.8 20v turbo model. Does anybody know if a turbo cat back will fit the 1.8 20v non turbo model or are they different systems?
  3. T reg cupra sport 16v... Worth it as a track/weekend car???

No its not modified and looks completely standard to be fair! I know I could get something french but was thinking that a vw engine will handle 130k miles much better than a french car :)
  4. T reg cupra sport 16v... Worth it as a track/weekend car???

Right I'm looking at getting myself a track/weekend car just for a bit of fun. are these cupra sport 16v's much good? the car is up for £595 in Birmingham. it is reg number T127JOL it has 132000 miles, mot until 03/13 and it is red and seems in ok condition and to be fair I'm not looking for a...
  5. 4 car pile up :( write off or not???

All seats, belts and headrests have been checked and non require replacements! the damage to the boot is just where the car is designed to crumple and can be pulled out and a new floor refitted etc... Not a cheap claim but as the car is so new they are willing to put the work in. I feel sorry...
  6. 4 car pile up :( write off or not???

Just a quick update. The insurance damage assessor looked over my Leon yesterday and he has ordered all the parts required to repair the car and the repair work was going to start yesterday :D I'm missing the car so much! Got a crappy 1.2 fiesta until my car is repaired.
  7. 4 car pile up :( write off or not???

Well it's at a reputable insurance accident repair company in Walsall now. To be honest I carry my daughter in the car and want it to be as strong as it was on Wednesday! Maybe I would prefer it to be a write off just encase it wasn't as strong in the event that it was hit again.
  8. 4 car pile up :( write off or not???

I don't have whiplash but my partner has hurt her back! I know a write off is normally 50%-60% of the vehicle value in repairs but I'm just worried about the car being slightly twisted due to how it was squashed between the two cars. I wish I could show the pictures from my phone but it won't work!
  9. 4 car pile up :( write off or not???

The pics are all on my phone but the boot floor is so compacted that the drain plug hole that is on the left hand side is about half of the size of the one on the right. This car has no spare wheel and if you put the boot carpet down you can see that it is clearly raised on the left hand side...
  10. 4 car pile up :( write off or not???

As the title says on Wednesday I was involved in a four car pile up. Traffic had stopped and a car two behind me didn't brake in the slightest and slammed into the back of an 11 plate vw polo which then hit me and pushed me into a Honda jazz! My rear bumper is totalled and I have a small dent...
  11. 1.2 TSi recall

I wasn't called by SEAT I saw it all over the Internet about the turbo work so called my dealer who told me it needed doing! Shame they couldn't do it in the 3 weeks that they had it sitting around before I picked it up as "new" in march ;)
  12. Arrgghh! Coolant loss...

Water pump possibly and yellow mayo like stuff would suggest head gasket problems to me! My moms punto had a issue like this and if you pressed the coolant hoses water would rush back into the coolant bottle and it was due to the water pump not working properly ;( (that also never showed signs...
  13. 1.2 TSi recall

I have a 2012 Leon 1.2 tsi which was new in march this year and only a couple of weeks ago went back into the dealers to have the recall work done so yes it is affecting new cars still ;)
  14. Seat Leon CR 1.6TDi - Start/Stop

I have a 1.2 tsi with the start/stop system and the first thing I do when I get in the car is turn it off! I dont believe it saves fuel unless you are stopped for a considerable amount of time and I don't know if this is just my thinking but on a turbo car having the engine just stop immediately...
  15. 1.2tsi idle at 900 rpm most of the time?

I visited west midlands safari park today and noticed that whilst moving slowly around the safari park that the revs of the car were not dropping below 900 rpm when stationary. I did not have the air con on so it wasn't because of that. I noticed that if I blipped the throttle to rev the car...
  16. Leon 1.2 Tsi engine rattle :( advice please

Problem solved! Most 1.2 tsi engines require a 2mm spacer to be fitted onto the wastegate which my car has not had done which is causing the noise. Booked in for 28th may for the work to be done which may I add SEAT knew needed doing!
  17. Leon 1.2 Tsi engine rattle :( advice please

How could I find out if it's the actuator spring? I know a trip to the dealers is best but my dealer is 10 miles away so trying to get it down to one or a couple of ideas that I can check before making the trip is a lot easier and I need my car everyday! Thanks guys, the things I've seen on...
  18. Leon 1.2 Tsi engine rattle :( advice please

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340696 This link is to a similar sounding problem?
  19. Leon 1.2 Tsi engine rattle :( advice please

But the noise is right at the end of the rev as the revs drop to normal even if I only rev it once and loose off. Everything is connected as should be and nothing feels loose so I'm confused. It does sound from the turbo area and I have only noticed it today.
  20. Leon 1.2 Tsi engine rattle :( advice please

http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r518/chrisnemmz
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.