Search results

1. S8N

Returning to the fold but need advice - which would you pick?

Mine was my local dealers first demo, so was definitely on the older engine. Loving the 211 to be honest. It's great :)
  2. S8N

Thanks folks! :) Well a few days in and I can safely say I am glad to be back.. do have some observations: 1. Engine noise is very subdued. Quieter even than the Scirocco I had with the same engine. Might need something funky at some point 2. Power delivery is epic smooth especially with the...
  3. S8N

Pics up tomorrow once the sun returns [B)]
  4. S8N

Just got home with her. She iS fantastic. Would have preferred to have taken back roads but got stuck at the dealers for 3 hours courtesy of the Post Office infrastructure outage (couldn't get her taxed!). Feels good to be back ya' know! :)
  5. S8N

The nimbus TSI has xenons and sensors. So have decided to go for it. Paperwork done, just waiting for valet to finish and il driving her home :)
  6. S8N

Well I am off to look at the TSI at 11am. So far, we are sitting at 12 to 6 in favour of the petrol...cost wise, the petrol still wins as well! :)
  7. S8N

Tis the CR as It has DSG. I used to have a TSI based Scirocco with DSG (and the TT before it). Love that combo...! Oh the agony of choice! What would you pick Mork? :)
  8. S8N

I have driven the TDi so far. The facelift is really nice. Very surprised. Driving the TSi tomorrow but really warmed to the derv.... dammit!
  9. S8N

C_EDD, definitely doesn't it. I viewed it physically yesterday. Was gutted when I realised! I never really had DPF problems in my old 56 Leon FR, was luckier than others. 28k trouble free motoring. magnum, it is such a cost saving, can't see much value in the TDI.... good point..!
  10. S8N

Well the time has come to return to the Leon :) I have an option of two: 1. Candy white FR TDI DSG (diesel), heated seats, xenons, 29k miles, 10 plate, media/nav but no convenience pack... ~£14.5k or 2. Nimbus grey FR TSI DSG (petrol), 26k miles, 10 plate, media/nav, convenience pack but no...
  11. S8N

Trade up FR TDI for Cupra? Your experience

I have an oppurtunity to trade up my much loved FR TDI for a Cupra. When I got it, she had 4k on it (last April). She now has 18k. I do still really enjoy the car but I still have a real desire for a fiesty petrol engine. I have already had a test drive in a Cupra (thanks to Gary) and it's...
  12. S8N

Test Drive Today Yipeee!

Don't know about you guys but I spend more time looking at the road than the interior. For the money and the toys, it's well worth it ;)
  13. S8N

Goodbye Leon.... Hello 350z... Change of plan. Help I need a diesel!

Agreed. Gorgeous and a lot of car for the money. Pretty reliable too.
  14. S8N

Leon FR TDI or Astra VXR

I will agree on the handling, it feels big and very heavy but damn it's fun. I was totally addicted to the howl and the whole muscle car feel. It certainly takes some stopping and uprated brakes with the Wilkinshaw exhaust is a must to really get the whole feeling. I did throughly love it...
  15. S8N

Leon FR TDI or Astra VXR

I have also driven one (and I am only 5ft 2). I absolutely LOVED it. Terrible fuel economy but it's real muscle car and it howls. Tremendous. Totally impractical for me but what the hell, it's damn fun if you want a BIG engine. I do love the Cupra though :)
  16. S8N

Leon FR TDI or Astra VXR

Ditch the Astra and get the VXR8 :D
  17. S8N

DPF/Additive Poll.

a) Long/Short Journeys Mainly short. Occasional long journey (once a month) b) Fuel Used standard Shell diesel c) MPG Driving Style or Spirited Driving Style 50/50 :) No DPF problems and no additives.
  18. S8N

Real Carbon Fiber interior trims

I Want!!!
  19. S8N

Picked up at long last! First impressions....

I got to get me some of those!
  20. S8N

Stylance or Reference Sport

Try an FR before you choose. Really do. It's a cracking car. If you can handle the harder ride, it's hilarious :)
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise