Search results

1. New Altea problems - anything to worry about?

We have an 07 1.9 referance sport now with 20k on the clock ..and its been absolutly brilliant.. no complaints at all and only been back for routine maintanance .. a first for any new car we've had. The only issue we have had is wet inside the windows but i think it was cos our little girl left...
  2. Hmmmmm...ice INSIDE the car!!!!

We had the same thing with out Altea .. I checked the carpets etc .. and they were dry, It turned out that our little girl had lowered her rear window slightly which didn't help.. much better now but it does mist up more than my car inside.
  3. Altea servicing

Thats in Essex
  4. Altea servicing

£70 an hour ... 1.62 hours .. plus parts .. i.e oil, filter and washer
  5. Altea servicing

Had our 1.9 reference sport diesel serviced today .. 07 plate 20k service .. we had a price given to us a few weeks ago for £192 .. anyway received a phone call saying as the car is 2 yrs old in march do we want the brake fluid done?.. £50 odd plus vat and also the pollen filter was dirty...
  6. New Tyres

I wouldn't get avons .. we just changed ours and replaced with standard michelins which we found to be good all round tyres and got good mileage out of them.. bit pricey but I don't like to compromise on tyres .. can spoil a car if the performance not as good in all weathers.
  7. Wearing Tyres

we got a 1.9 reference sport TDi with 17k on the clock and still got a couple of thousand on the fronts and it don't get an easy life .. these are the standard michelin energies
  8. Altea Tyres

i've been offered 4 pirelli P7's s/h only done 500 miles for £150 .. then gotta add £10 each for fitting .. I would pick them up so delivery isn't an extra cost .. I said yes to the bloke but having 2nd thoughts now as that would work out to £50 per tyre inc fitting .. any comments?
  9. Altea Tyres

thanks .. avons are ok so I might look at that .. got another couple of thousand miles to go yet tho so they mite not be on offer then tho
  10. Altea Tyres

Our tyres on the front of the altea have now done over 15 k and in a few months will need replacement.. I don't mind paying the rather expensive £90 each inc fitting if they really are the best for the car. But do other cheaper brands eg Dunlop etc suit the car and last similar mileages Thanks...
  11. Best colour for altea

I agree the Platinum Grey looks good
  12. Altea Common Problems

had ours nearly a year now from new ... 14k miles now and absolutly nothing to report not even a minor problem... get it bought
  13. Best colour for altea

Emotion red ... looks great ... hides dirt and swirls and costs no extra from new
  14. Susupension Question??

We have a reference sport and I haven't driven your model but ours definitly isn't crashy. The reference sport is sold as having sports suspension but its definitly not a track car even if it had the power... I think its prob the springs more than the shocks although the shocks may be uprated...
  15. What makes people buy ALTEA?

what other car in its class can u get for 12k and that was diesel too .. reference sport
  16. What makes people buy ALTEA?

Cost ... its cheap ... good spec.. vw based... unusual not many about.. running costs cheap
  17. Lower grill ... how much?

itsd a scrape on the lower lip in front of the grille bout 3 mm not noticeable now touched in but annoying seeing as I masked it up too but all in all i'm pleased its done and only cost me £16... I saw a Toledo today light blue unusual to see on the roads good value i'd consider one after the Altea
  18. Lower grill ... how much?

well I got the grille and fitted it myself ..not too bad once I found the best way to release the clips... hands not to shredded if I had to do one again I could do it much quicker took me bout an hour ..I masked up the paintwork around the grille but when pushing the last clip out it flew off...
  19. Lower grill ... how much?

Well a local garage has quoted me £25 to fit it ... i've booked it in for friday I may have a go at it myself but for that money I will prob leave it for them
  20. Lower grill ... how much?

it was a muntjac... and i was lucky to get away with just that ... I think it needs someone with small girly hands to do it .. i.e my girlfriend after all it is her car
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.