Search results

1. tony19b

Driver assist settings

They do, that’s what is confusing me. The manual says that in vehicles without driving modes these settings vary the ACC but I can’t detect much of a difference.
  2. tony19b

Driver assist settings

3. tony19b

Driver assist settings

My 2021 Arona Xcellence Lux pre-facelift doesn’t have the selectable driving modes like FR models. However the Driver assist settings for ACC has these selectable options. Can anyone tell me what effect they have on the ACC? Love the car, by the way!
  4. tony19b

Tyre size question

Thanks very much, very helpful. I think I’ll get new winters and sell the others. Best to have the proper spec with a nearly new car.
  5. tony19b

Tyre size question

My new Arona has 215/45x 18 tyres. I have a set of winter tyres from my previous Leon which are 225/40 x18 which I would like to use this winter. Would the slight difference affect the warranty?
  6. tony19b

Touch up kit Leon Mk3 Technic Grey

Colour match touch up kit Leon Mk 3 Technic Grey. Bought 12th May but never used, decided to change the car instead.
  7. tony19b

Pair of mirror covers for Altea/ XL

Mirror covers in Apollo Blue, from 2012 Altea XL. Excellent unmarked condition. Shortly after buying the car new I fitted chrome covers so these are as new. £15 including UK postage.
  8. tony19b

David Cook Motors looses Seat franchise

Contrary to the misleading letter sent by SEAT UK, David Cook Motors will continue to service and repair Seat cars, including cars under warranty, and I for one will continue to use them. Whether I will buy another Seat is another matter. My Altea has been brilliant and completely fault free but...
  9. tony19b

David Cook Motors looses Seat franchise

David Cook Motors I personally wish them all the best and will continue to use them. I've had great service there for many years.
  10. tony19b

Any winter tyre recommendations?

I used Kumho KW23s on my previous Mk3 Toledo, they were awesome in snow but not so good on cold wet roads. I bought Continental TS850 Winter Contacts last winter for my current Altea and found them excellent in every respect. Don't think they will be going back on for a while yet, looking at the...
  11. tony19b

Altea XL 2.0 TDI DSG - Does it make a good tow car?

I have a Tolly 2.0TDI 140 DSG and while I don't tow with it, I would imagine you wouldn't even know you had a trailer tent behind, such is the pulling power. The hand book quotes an unbraked trailer weight of 750 kg for this model, so it should not be any problem.
  12. tony19b

2.0Tdi Strange noise when lifting off throttle

I get this sound on my Toledo 2.0TDI, mine's a DSG so I hear it on light throttle upshifts, a sort of gasp. I also have the police siren noise. Having said that, the car has never run better!
  13. tony19b

Snow 1, DSG 0

Same for me, on my 3rd winter with winter tyres with my 2.0TDI DSG Tolly, traction even on steep hills is a revelation.
  14. tony19b

Freetrack 4 and winter tyres

You won't regret it- the difference is amazing.
  15. tony19b

DSG Users?

I put mine in neutral and put the handbrake on for anything other than the briefest pause. Same as with a manual really.
  16. tony19b

We got it

Awesome, love the colour. Guess we know what you will be doing this weekend, enjoy!
  17. tony19b

Kumho tyres

Running a set of Kumho KW23 winters, this is their second winter, they are brilliant in snow.
  18. tony19b

Freetrack takes the snow and ice with ease!

My 2wd Tolly DSG with winter tyres is absolutely brilliant. The difference these tyres make is extraordinary, they are at their best in snow.
  19. tony19b

Driving a TDi

Get a DSG and forget clutch worries! 2.0 TDI and DSG is a marriage made in heaven. (Unless of course the gearbox dies, that is a £4K headache)
  20. tony19b

what does it do?

Delay settings for the intermittent wipe.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise