Search results

1. CraigW

Wire Colours - Headlight Switch.

This is a long shot but thought it was worth a try. Can anyone tell me what colour wire at the headlight switch sends the signal to the side/headlights to turn them on? I have fitted a small led in behind each of the door handles and want to wire them up to the side/headlights but Im...
  2. CraigW

Steering Issue.

Right folks Im after abit of assistance. I have had a search and cant find anything on the forum unless I have missed it. As the title suggests Im feel like I have abit of a steering issue, the best way to describe it is this: Sometimes I turn the wheel and the steering feels rather heavy...
  3. CraigW

Bonnet Release cable.

Im thinking of replacing mine as you have to put the level really far before it finally pops the bonnet. Am I right in thinking that it is in 2 pieces?? Also can someone get me part numbers for it? Ive tried getting onto Vag-Cat but I keep getting an error when trying to log into it so...
  4. CraigW

Rear Beam Bushes.

As the title says really. Can anyone tell me what size the rear beam bushes are? Diameter, length etc. Im going to go for Powerflex ones for abit more durability with my car being lowered and used as much as it is and after being advised to if I can get them. Only reason Im asking is...
  5. CraigW

Symptoms of these Issues.

I hope people can help me with the following. What would the symptoms be for the following issues: Unbalanced Wheels Sticky Front Brake Sticky Rear Brake Shoe Worn Wishbone bushes Worn Suspension components (including struts/coilovers) Front wheel bearing needing replacing...
  6. CraigW

Strange Electrical Issue.

Hope someone can help with this. It had been snowing last night so I cleared my car and I started it while I was clearing it. I went back into the house and got my stuff together and came out and noticed my number plates lights were on, but I didnt have my side or headlights on. :confused...
  7. CraigW

Unusual problem.

This is abit of a strange one and im just after a heads up etc about it. I dont know if I am being paranoid but my mk2 seems to be using oil a fair bit. Had it topped up about 1 or 2 months ago and its down to half way on the dipstick again. Fair enough I am using the car everyday (roughly...
  8. CraigW

Rev Counter/Tacho Reading.

Where is the tacho reading taken from on the mk2?? I have fitted my rev counter in today and tried connecting it to the wire that goes to the clocks that gives the reading, but doesnt make the gauge move so Im guessing the signal isnt strong enough. Ive had a search on here and Ive read...
  9. CraigW

Bird Poo has marked paint!?

Hope someone can help me with my prediciment. Two/three weeks ago my car was in the bodyshop getting some rust fixed and I also had my roof painted in grey. Well today a bird has decided to leave me a 'present' on the roof. I cleaned it off using an Autoglym bird dropping wipe being gentle...
  10. CraigW

Eibach Camber bolts/shims.

Has anyone had any experience with the above?? I have saw them advertised in Venom Motorsport adverts and Im tempted so I can run alittle more camber on the front, but keeping it sensible for daily use, so I can lower the front alittle more without any rubbing. Thanks all. Craig.
  11. CraigW

Boot Popper.

Has anyone successfully fitted a boot popper onto the mk2 Ibiza using the standard lock/mechanism? I have an idea and I am really thinking of going ahead with it, plus I can add a boot popper onto my Hawk aftermarket remote locking kit which I want to do. I havent yet had the chance to...
  12. CraigW

Interior Mirrors.

Will the interior mirrors from any later model Ibiza's etc fir the mk2 original fitting?? I quite fancy a change of mirror to something a little bit more sleeker. Thanks, Craig.
  13. CraigW

Scuttle Trays.

Is there any other scuttle trays/panels that fit on the mk2?? I have just fitted a Storm wiper kit and the metal spring part is rubbing on it. I tried bending it alittle but it didnt make any difference, but when you lift the arm the metal spring bit bends the perfect shape inside the...
  14. CraigW

Side-skirt/End Cap Fitting.

How do the side-skirts and end caps fit together?? I am planning on 'finally' getting my sideskirts onto the car in the next week or so but I cant figure out how they 2 connect/clip together. I am planning on using alot of tigerseal to hold the skirts onto the car and onto the end cap...
  15. CraigW

Storm Single Wiper Kit Fitting.

This could be a long shot on the forum as there are only 2/3 people who have one fitted but its worth a shot. Im after some help regarding the fitting of it to the original wiper mechanism as the instructions arent that clear. . Am i right that the 2 parts I have marked to are the motor...
  16. CraigW

Changing Discs/Pads - 2.0 16v Brakes

Pretty much as the title really. Need to change the discs and pads shortly and just wondered how easy it was to do. I know how to use a spanner etc and really want to try it myself, Im just after a heads up for anything that I should watch out for etc. Cheers, Craig.
  17. CraigW

Car Issue.

Well the thread title isnt probably 100% accurate as there isnt really an issue, Im just not happy with it. More precisely I am not happy with the like the handling of it. Best way to describe it is that it isnt balanced somehow. Even when going in a straight line it sometimes doesnt feel...
  18. CraigW

Mk4 Polo Exhaust Centre Sections.

Just a quick one, already had a search but couldnt find a 'definitive' answer. Would a Mk4 Polo centre exhaust section fit on the mk2 without any problems?? From my search the Polo backbox does but couldnt find anything regarding the centre section. Cheers, Craig.
  19. CraigW

Re-upholstering/Re-covering door-cards.

As some of you know from either the 'Show off your Mk2 Ibiza' thread or my 'Readers Ride' thread I have recently fitted a black/red interior into my mk2. My doorcards are still the same pattern from my old seats and I want to change them to match my seats, so what would be the best way to do...
  20. CraigW

Rear Drums/Handbrake

Been having problems with my handbrake cable. It was making a rubbing sound and it turns out it had popped out of the clip/where it should be attached. Had it fixed a few times and the last was during my service 2 weeks ago and it lasted until last Thursday when it started again. When I...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.