Search results

1. shaunw

fault on rear parking sensor - anything to check?

I'm getting a message telling me that the rear parking sensors have a fault (fronts work fine) The car is only 3 weeks old and I don't fancy returning to the dealers if its just a loose connection behind the bumper or something similar. Does anyone know if its possible to check connections...
  2. shaunw

Seat Leon FR vs Astra K

I'm biased obviously but reading that and looking at the pictures, the Leon seems by far the best buy to me. For one thing, it's the only car of the three with a bit of character IMHO. Interesting that the Leon is no longer cheaper than the Astra now though like it was when I bought my MK2 .
  3. shaunw

Show me your Leon

Very nice 2stevo2. Silver really brings out the origami shape [B)]
  4. shaunw

vinyl wrapping in Hampshire / Portsmouth?

Thanks, I'll give them a call:)
  5. shaunw

My new Leon fr 1.4 act................

Thanks:) It's a pearlescent colour and really pops in the sunshine. If I didnt think that nearly £700 for Alor Blue was a rip off I'd have chosen that for the Leon, its a great colour. Happy with the red though, especially as it was free when I ordered mine, apparently there is a charge for it...
  6. shaunw

vinyl wrapping in Hampshire / Portsmouth?

Can anyone recommend a vinyl wrapping place in the Portsmouth / Hampshire. I'm going to get my front bumper wrapped a'la Cupra style and am considering extending the black sunroof colour to the rear of the roof. Shaun
  7. shaunw

Thanks Dr Dash, simple once you know how:) Started from scratch with the driving postion by getting the seat height right first, then the back rest, lumber, then distance from pedals then finally steering height and reach before taking the Leon for a run and I'm much happier. Pic of my two...
  8. shaunw

Thanks for the comments guys, l'm sure given time I'll love it, its funny though how some cars you jump in and immediately feel at home and others take time. My 'toy' car is a 1990 Lotus Excel with no adjustments available beyond moving the seat back and forth but the driving position just feels...
  9. shaunw

Seems a bit of a curates egg at the moment, really good in parts but quite a few irritations, some of which I'm sure will become less noticeable as I get used to it. Good points: Ride - better than the MK 2 - feels more sophisitcated even in FR trim Power - I havent been...
  10. shaunw

iPod connection / Full link

Pardon my ignorance, but how does having full link help with USB / IPod connectivity? I picked up my MY 2016 FR with Tech pack last weekend and I have the 'Device Not Recognised problem with mine too :( I was planning on telling my dealer about the issue during the 'courtesy call' I was...
  11. shaunw

nimbus grey

My friends just got one in Nimbus grey. On the day he picked it up he text me the following: 'Just picked up the new car, drives beautifully but looks like a battleship'. :lol: Having now seen it myself, I must say it can look drab in certain lights, looks like gloss primer! I think it'll...
  12. shaunw

Drove my FR first time in 3 weeks and..

Hi Rob, hope you had a good Xmas mate. Gave mine a blast down the country lanes on Boxing Day morning after visiting a car show. Ok its a Stylance model but for me it has just the right blend of handling / sharp turn in and suppleness. The gearbox is a joy to use too. I've been tempted by the...
  13. shaunw

Drivers seat loosing height

Whats the betting I get the usual 'vacant' look from the dealers when I take it in for servicing and say that the drivers seat looses height over night.:lol:
  14. shaunw

:lol::lol::clap:
  15. shaunw

The drivers seat on my Leon is definitely loosing height! I thought I was going mad as every second or third time I got in the car the seat seemed lower. So I measured the height of the seat base and low and behold, after a couple of days it was lower than when I measured it:confused: I'm...
  16. shaunw

1.9tdi remap & JKM

Thanks erichuyn (think i spelt that right) really useful. Have you noticed any change in mpg?
  17. shaunw

1.9tdi remap & JKM

Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit more power from my 1.9tdi Stylance so I'm considering a a remap (either Superchips or Revo) Has anybody had this done and if so, what improvements did you observe. I notice that the Superchips remap is milder than Revo (132bhp v 145bhp and a similar...
  18. shaunw

Forge Quickshift

short shifts for 1.9tdi? Can anybody tell me if any of these short shift kits are available for a 1.9tdi?
  19. shaunw

18" Alloys or 17" Alloys

Ive got a Stylance with 17s and the ride is very good, its supple but grips amazingly well, I've considered 18s a few times but I'm loathed to ruin the ride quality. IMHO 17s are a good compromise if you're concerned about the ride. 16s are definitely too small. An FR front bumper and a nice...
  20. shaunw

Engine Cover?

Rob, I have an 07 1.9tdi Stylance and bought an engine cover second hand from this forum. It certainly looks better and is easier to keep clean but has made no difference to noise levels.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise