Search results

1. kilobrown

Turbo failure.......!!!!!

Hi bill ,it came with a bolt in the egt sensor hole but after removing said bolt the sensor no longer fits??
  2. kilobrown

true mate, but im wondering why now, wont the egt sensor fit in the turbo that was sent back to them to be reconditioned, it went in fine the last time??
  3. kilobrown

more problems got the reconditioned turbo back, getting it all fitted and the damn egt sensor doesnt fit.......... what more can possibly go wrong!!! So now need to get the turbo stripped back off the car and sent back to get this problem sorted, has anybody had problems with the egt sensor not...
  4. kilobrown

Oil Pressure Gauge Fitting

sorry to bump an old thread but, ive bought a motor meter racing oil pressure gauge and to say the least its not very informative on the fitting side of things, there is a sender unit with two contacts one reads g and the other reads wk??? Im thing g must stand for gauge but dont know what the...
  5. kilobrown

oil pressure gauge

cheers i did find that guide but didnt realise there was two pages :doh: thanks again exactly what i needed. regards kev [B)]
  6. kilobrown

oil pressure gauge

i might be stupid here but i cant see a guide for an oil pressure gauge in that link, only boost and oil temp gauge....... or does the oil pressure connect into the same place on the engine? regards kev
  7. kilobrown

oil pressure gauge

im looking for a guide to fit an oil pressure gauge, like will i need any adaptors to fit my car and if so what size, where do i plumb the unit in etc etc. any help will be very much appreciated. regards kev
  8. kilobrown

oil pressure gauge

just wondering if anybody on here has a step by step fitting guide of an oil pressure guide, ive had a look with the search function but cant find what im looking for?
  9. kilobrown

other than the turbo failing there is no other problems, im going to have to get it looked at, maybe take the oil feed pipe off see if theres any tell tale signs in there, im realy scratching my head at the moment!! :(
  10. kilobrown

it was 500 for a recon one mate, i thought there might have been an oil light aswell, but does that work for the turbo or only come on when theres low pressure in the engine?? im the most un mechanicaly minded person on the planet hence why im trying to source some info on here :(
  11. kilobrown

there is oil coming from the feed pipe, as when the turbo was changed he primed the oil and water feed, but im guessing its not a sufficent ammount as the turbo needs if that makes sense. how would i find out what pressure is coming from the feed and then find out what pressure the turbo needs...
  12. kilobrown

ok guys and girls ive been having a bit of a nightmare with my leon cupra r over the past few weeks, to cut a very long story short ive managed to kill two turbos, the first one was due to old age (well so i think) but the second which only managed 150 miles (reconditioned) has been sent back to...
  13. kilobrown

main dealer diagnosis - new turbo?!

i wish a knew what else to look for, surely both turbos cant have the same fault surely :confused:
  14. kilobrown

main dealer diagnosis - new turbo?!

i have the same problem only its on a LCR, just got a reconditioned turbo fitted everything was fine for 150 miles or so then no boost what so ever and a loud hissing noise as if all the pressure is releasing, checked all pipe work everything is tight and no holes or leaks...... so new turbo off...
  15. kilobrown

Help needed turbo

cheers il give them a phone see what they say, its a knightmare having no car :(
  16. kilobrown

Help needed turbo

Hi guys, just on the look out for anybody who might have a K04 lying around gathering dust, my turbo has decided to give up the fight and money to buy a brand new one is rather tight, if anybody has one that they are selling or know of a place i could get one would be greatly appreciated. Seen...
  17. kilobrown

serious powersteering fluid loss

cheers mate il get a look at it this weekend, and hopefuly get something sorted out. kev
  18. kilobrown

cheers jim, im going to try and get it up on a ramp this weekend so i can get a look, are the seals an easy fix?? Ive been told pump and pipe from the pump are rather expensive to replace, im hoping its not going to be either of them :( kev
  19. kilobrown

il have a wee look at that tomorrow mate, am not very mechanicaly minded :cry: And this time of year pennies are tight for a wee visit to the stealers :(
  20. kilobrown

Hi people, ive not driven my LCR for a few weeks due to the snow, jumped into it today started driving about half a mile and heard a loud screeching everytime i moved the steering wheel. Stopped the car checked fluid and was bone dry :cry:, got some fluid topped up all good, well for 5 mins that...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.