Search results

1. cardaft

Kidinspace - Ibiza Mk4 - Updated March 2011

Very nice addition, i did that to my Arosa. Looks and works much better than the standard one. I do like this thread, one i always look on when i do attend here, your car is mint and you have some fantastic pictures! [B)] Have you ever had any problems with your 1.2? Ive heard mixed...
  2. cardaft

General stuff.

Im badly missing my old Arosa TDi, sold it almost a year ago and i wish i hadnt at the moment. Wouldnt mind another arosa for a while, dont care what engine, so long as its a nice MK2 in a good colour and good condition. I keep looking, but ive got two cars at the moment, really need to get...
  3. cardaft

mk2 arosa 1.0

What age and mileage is your Arosa? Could be throttle body, probably needs cleaning. It shouldnt be ticking over at under 800rpm, usually closer to 1000. Has it been service recently? Spark plugs, fuel and air filter might make a difference.
  4. cardaft

Toledo 1.9 tdi SE

Yes i agree the boot is huge, though the small opening would probably hamper getting things in i guess? Though its expected with a saloon the Toledo seemed smaller than most. Im not sure why this car had sports seats, it was the basic version but it did have air con and the 15£ alloys which...
  5. cardaft

Toledo 1.9 tdi SE

Well i did go and see the car i mentioned above. Though i didnt buy it. It was a very tidy car, with a good history, but the interior smelt badly of smoke (i dont smoke), there was a large cig burn in the passenger seat too. But apart from that it was virtually un marked. I had a test drive...
  6. cardaft

Toledo 1.9 tdi SE

diesel is 105.9p at my local shell, which is the cheapest around. Hopefully going to see a Toledo 1.9TDi tomorrow, i just hope its as good as it sounds in the advert. Anything which i should look out for? I know about leaks, but why do they leak? Hope im doing the right thing in getting a...
  7. cardaft

Toledo 1.9 tdi SE

Thats impressive economy from a V5! Id love one but i really need a diesel for the amount of miles i do, it would cost me a fortune! They all seem very reliable :D
  8. cardaft

Toledo 1.9 tdi SE

Why is a PD better than a non PD? Ive been looking at Boras before Toledos and they come with all different 1.9s 90, 100, 110, 150, 130. Some PD some not, so why is PD better? Ive found a nice Toledo for sale, but wont have the time to see it until Saturday, i hope its still there then...
  9. cardaft

arosa meet york friday 20th november

No one fancies this then? Maybe if you chose a more interesting place than tescos car park, maybe somewhere good for pictures or something. There are lots of nice places in York.
  10. cardaft

Post a pic of your AROSA.

Wow, ive not been on here in ages! Some very nice looking arosas as always. EuroArosa, ive still not seen you around here, im often over the middlesbrough way too.
  11. cardaft

List your 110 tdi problems!

Thats pretty encouraging, if a problems thread is nothing more than stating how reliable they are! Will suit what im looking for from a car very nicely, just need to find myself a good example now ...
  12. cardaft

Toledo 1.9 tdi SE

Thats a very interesting choice of car for a first car. Though a nice choice i think, certainly different, and better, than what your mates will be driving no doubt! The 1.9TDis seem very hardy, one reason why i want one.
  13. cardaft

Toledo Chapter 2

Wow, thats a very nice Toledo. 150 too! Yes i like them with mudflaps too, seems to make the rear appear lower. Always have mudflaps on all of my cars though.
  14. cardaft

hey im new

Hi, Welcome to the forum :) What do you think of the Toledo TDi? Thinking of getting one myself :D Chris.
  15. cardaft

Views on remaps on standard clutch

If the clutch is slipping, it wont last too long before it is slipping more and more, as the friction plate will wear. Id get an uprated clutch and then get a map, you will probably end up doing it after the map anyway.
  16. cardaft

Seat Ibiza Mk4 1.2 S first car!

Aksaw: Your new Ibiza looks very tidy, looks a well cared for example. Is that called Imperial blue? It was always one of the best colours for Arosas imo. Looks great on the Ibizas too [B)] Thanks for that, good info there. Seems the timing chain and the occasional coil pack failure is all...
  17. cardaft

were do i start with a 1.2

A diesel would be a good choice, although if you want an earlier Ibiza MK4 you would have to get a 1.9TDi 100, as thats the smallest diesel they did. Until the 1.4TDi came out in about mid 2003 - 53reg. But for one of those it will be £3500> Insurance will be a lot more for a diesel, 1.2 is...
  18. cardaft

Improving Ride Comfort

I had a drive of a Ibiza Sport TDi 130 yesterday. I could not get over how bumpy it was! I mean i have been in lowered cars, and cars wound right down on coilies, but have never been in anything so harsh and crashy as that :blink: It maybe to do with old shockers or something, as the ones...
  19. cardaft

Buying a Seat Ibiza 2005 1.4 Spots

Can you get the 1.4 75BHP engine in the sport trim? I thought they were all 1.4 100bhp? Ibizas are known for having hard suspension, its more of a sporty set up than the softer sprung polo. Although it shouldnt be too hard. My Arosa went very hard at one point, it needed two new rear...
  20. cardaft

Kidinspace - Ibiza Mk4 - Updated March 2011

I also service my own cars, usually about every 6K miles or 6-8 months, though its usually the mileage first. I also enjoy doing it, but i also dont trust garages with my car, very often anyway, i wouldn't do anything major myself, cambelts etc. Impressive that its still going up! Its all...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise